I have a problem... discussion

Friends > Drifting Apart

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 58 comments Right, so instead of guy/girl advice, I thought maybe problems with friends would be posted here. For example...

My very best friend, since before preschool, has started to drift away. She never hangs out with my group anymore, and we all used to be inseperable. Now she hangs out with another group of girls, but mostly one other friend of mine that I've known for nearly as long. They used to hate each other, but now they're best friends, and I feel so shut out. They do everything together and I'm left alone. They pretty much ignore me when it's all three of us. However, when it's just me and my best friend, it feels like nothing has changed. She's confided in me that she feels torn and hates that she has to split time and that my whole group feels abandoned by her. Some of my friends are still angry that after years of friendship, she's just left us. I feel like I've lost my best friend and I don't know what to do.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

... i really dont know what to say, im having a sort of similar problem here, too, but my friend doesnt exactly feel torn... i think that me and some of my other friends (mainly me) are scaring her, though...

message 3: by Dapplenose (last edited Dec 02, 2010 03:08PM) (new)

Dapplenose | 105 comments Mod
In seventh grade, there was this really nice girl that got like all As. We had the first three clases together, and gradually, we started walking to them together. Well, after school ends, she says on honesty box in facebook that she doesn't want to hang out with me anymore because i'm embarassing. I wasn't really mad, but i was kinda upset. She was my best friend.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

the bulk of my social life is on the pc...

message 5: by Dapplenose (new)

mine to.....

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

yay! im not alone!!! XD

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 108 comments Well, why don't you try to spend time with both of them individually? That way You'll get to know them better.

message 8: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 58 comments Ok, I could do that...Thanks! I mean, both of them are good friends, and they're not being purposefully mean. So that could work.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, can i post something?

Okay, so me and my friend(best friend for several years now) Went to this summer camp together, and I made some really nice new friends. She had her other best friend that she's know seince she was like, a baby, so I let her play with her friend. then she got ticked at me and said that I was ignoring her, when I felt pretty ignored my self. she wouldn't ride bikes with me, or swim with me.

So we made up after a sleepover, but then I gave her empiteigo.(skin infection) and she's not really picking up the phone, and whne we talk, it's very short. And I'm worried that maybe our friendship is drifting, and I'm actually really depressed about it. :( Help me?

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 108 comments Hmm... Try to stitch it up. Like go out of your way to talk to her and such.

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 22, 2009 09:18PM) (new)

i try! but we were all excided about school starting and I haven't talked to her in a month. I was going to ask her if she wanted to go the fair with me, and her phone wouldn't stop ringing,(starts talking really fast) and now i'm in tahoe and the fair will be over by the time I get back, and I'm just really sulky about it!

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 108 comments I'm sorry. But why don't you ask her to go do something else with you instead? Like a movie night, perhaps?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

She's not picking up the phone..

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 108 comments Lame. Well then march right up to her house and ask her in person.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

maybe this was the week she went to burning man.. no that was last week....

anyway, I should. School starts this week,and I'm going to ask her if she wants to walk to school together.

you're good...

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 108 comments Good? Bah. I make up half of my advice.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

So? That's what you're supposed to do. It comes from your heart. hey, read my story! It's just the first chapter or so though.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 108 comments I shall! But later. Right now I must go!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Aw, okay. just read it!

message 21: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 58 comments I'll read it when I get home from church! Want to read my (awful) story? lol, it's not very good, but oh well...

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, mine isn't really that good either..

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

But yours is nice!

message 24: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 58 comments What do you mean, it wasn't good? I really liked it! You have a very original writing style.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Why thank you. Did you read the fourth chapter?

Rachel (Raindrop Baker) (therootbeer) I have a friend that is more popular, and she hangs out with other friends, but she still holds on true with me, she stays with me and my other friend at lunch, and is a fun gal.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Well that's nice.

Rachel (Raindrop Baker) (therootbeer) I know. She is so much fun, but she is keep on daring to fix my hair, and I keep telling her no.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Aw come on! I love playing with my friend's hair.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

okay. I started sixth grade today.

message 31: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: AWWWW! your a sixey!

message 32: by Dapplenose (last edited Aug 26, 2009 05:19PM) (new)

sixth? wow

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah? You got a problem with that?

message 34: by Dapplenose (new)

no

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Good. You better not.

message 36: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: NO! its just so cute! sixth graders are always cute

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

um, thanks? I miss fifth grade though... To go to my classroom, I have to pass my fifth grade classroom, and all day I was itching to go in there. I loved my teacher. she was so nice! Never raised her voice at us, never was mean.

message 38: by Dapplenose (last edited Aug 26, 2009 05:28PM) (new)

Minnie wrote: "NO! its just so cute! sixth graders are always cute"

and which grade are you in minnie?

message 39: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: 7th!

message 40: by Dapplenose (new)

i'm 8th grade! i'm older than both of you

message 41: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: lol!

message 42: by Dapplenose (new)

*evil grin*

message 43: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: is eighth grade awesome?

message 44: by Dapplenose (new)

not so far... advisory is stupid. in seventh grade, you could talk and go to a different room to get work done and stuff, but now, you can't talk at all and you can't move out of your chair at all not even get out of your seat

message 45: by Miinnniiiiie(: (new)

Miinnniiiiie(: thats kinda my seventh grade but not as strict

message 46: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 58 comments Guess what? I'm in 9th grade. I'm older than all 3 of you! Ha! (Not that there's anything wrong with your youngness, of course :)! )

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

You know what I hate?Combo classes. I was in a 4/5 combo last year, and now i'm in a 5/6 combo this year!

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 108 comments Pah. I beat all of you. I'm in tenth. *Smug smile*

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

You sure you're in tenth?

They're two grades put together as one. Im in a fifth grade/Sixth grade combination class now.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 108 comments Hey. I go to a charter school. Those don't exist here.

Ooh. That's no fun. I'm sorry.

« previous 1