SF/F Read Alongs discussion

Trail of Lightning (The Sixth World, #1)
This topic is about Trail of Lightning
Read Alongs > [May} Trail of Lightning

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by imyril (last edited Mar 07, 2019 12:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

imyril | 287 comments Mod
This year for Wyrd and Wonder we are running two semi-formal read-alongs - this is the first, starting on MAY 5TH and running each Sunday.

Our schedule (thanks Sarah!) :

SUNDAY 5th: Beginning through the end of Chapter Eight
SUNDAY 12th: Chapter Nine through the end of Chapter Eighteen
SUNDAY 19th: Chapter Nineteen through the end of Chapter Twenty-Eight
SUNDAY 26th: Chapter Twenty-Nine to the end

We will aim to post questions here each Wednesday ready for blog posts on Sundays - and possibly running a Twitter chat too on a Sunday evening (UK time / afternoon EST / morning PST) if there's demand for an open chat format too.

Fancy joining in? Shout to let us know you're interested and we'll see you in May :)

Banners etc to follow next month.

PS You don't have to formally be signed up to Wyrd and Wonder to join in the read-along

message 2: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan (nrlymrtl) | 140 comments Mod
I adore this book! It was one of my favorites from 2018. I may join in just for fun.

message 3: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (_ash) | 4 comments Awesome. This book has been sitting on my shelf since last year. I am joining you guys in May.

message 4: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (_ash) | 4 comments Where do I sign up for Wyrd and wonder? Is it a different group or something?

Hooray! Here’s the sign up form for Wyrd and Wonder: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eGsN...

message 6: by Lisa (last edited Apr 29, 2019 03:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa (deargeekplace) | 526 comments Mod
I'll be hosting the first week of this read along, and I hope to have questions posted here by the weekend. If anyone else fancies hosting a week and asking the questions, just shout!

Sibil | 1 comments Hi! I'd love to join! I have this book on my TBR and I was counting on Wyrd and Wonder to read it so... together would be more fun!

QUICK CORRECTION to my comment above - I seem to have gotten dates/books mixed up. I will instead be doing my best to have the first round of questions for this posted here by Thursday/Friday.

Sibil wrote: "Hi! I'd love to join! I have this book on my TBR and I was counting on Wyrd and Wonder to read it so... together would be more fun!"

Hooray! The more, the merrier. :D

message 10: by Lisa (last edited May 01, 2019 03:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

OK! Here are the discussion questions for Chapters 1 through 8. The idea is to write up a blog post to answer/discuss, but I'm thinking I'll post these questions again on Twitter this Sunday for anyone who'd rather have a Twitter chat-style discussion. However you choose to approach it, the questions are under the spoiler cut!

(view spoiler)

Annemieke / A Dance with Books (adancewithbooks) | 6 comments So I wasn't going to join this one but I just bought the ebook... So I might be reading along after all. The things you people do to me. ;)

message 12: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

One of us! One of us! :D

I’ll be late to the party this week thanks to my Danish sojourn but catching up!

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

My first post is up now! https://deargeekplace.com/trail-of-li...

If you'd like to borrow my read-along banner, you are very welcome. You can download it here.

Oops, I forgot to post my link!

https://onemore.org/2019/05/08/trail-...

Week 2 questions to follow shortly :)

Right, week 2 questions here we go!

(view spoiler)

message 20: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (_ash) | 4 comments I am sorry, I couldn't do the readalong questions as work got really hectic this month. I finished the book and loved it. Thank you for hosting the readalong! I wouldn't have picked up the book otherwise.

message 21: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

No problem! Glad you enjoyed it. :D

message 22: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Questions for Week 3 under the spoiler tag! :D

(view spoiler)

Oops, sorry for being Lil Miss Last Minute with the last batch of questions!

(view spoiler)