Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Merlin

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vee (new)

Vee I had been wanting to see this movie for awhile and caught it last night on TV. I missed the first half hour though.
I really really enjoyed the movie. I've always been kinda crazy about the Camelot stories anyways. Has anyone seen the Mists Of Avalon?
Anyways, Merlin is about the fight between good and evil, the slow demise of "old world magic" verses the Christian movement. It's interesting how they depict it. I think it's very true to life. Magic will only work if you believe in it.
Remember the Skeleton Key?
Mordred's character could have been better developed. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with it. Beautiful Sunday afternoon movie to enjoy in bed.

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie Is this the Merlin that was a mini-series? I loved that one. I know that in 2006 (I think) they made a sequel and it stunk!

message 3: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (musshel) I've seen both Merlin and the Mists of Avalon. Love, love, love both.

message 4: by Vee (new)

Vee Yes, the Merlin that was the mini series.
Good Stuff.

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie Yes, since that is the one you mean then the mini-series is great! I just loved how it was portrayed. I love Sam Neil as Merlin he did a fantastic job! When I first saw it in 1998 it was the first time I had seen Helena Bonham Carter, and I have loved her ever since! The sequel is called Merlin's Apprentice and also stared Sam Neil, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merlin%2...
sometimes sci-fi shows it so you might catch it there.

message 6: by Josh (new)

Josh | 5 comments ya i loved it too. but the miniseries sequel did stink. it wasn't even halfway consistent with the first one.
That was also the first time I saw Helena Bonham Carter. she is pretty awesome.

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 135 comments I loved the Mini series. Sam Neill was great. But that sequel? Merlin's return -- yuck!

message 8: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 135 comments I like Mists of Avalon but the book was sooo much better.