YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Red, White & Royal Blue
This topic is about Red, White & Royal Blue
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston - Restarting May 21st 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Kelly | 1079 comments A big-hearted romantic comedy in which First Son Alex falls in love with Prince Henry of Wales after an incident of international proportions forces them to pretend to be best friends...

First Son Alex Claremont-Diaz is the closest thing to a prince this side of the Atlantic. With his intrepid sister and the Veep’s genius granddaughter, they’re the White House Trio, a beautiful millennial marketing strategy for his mother, President Ellen Claremont. International socialite duties do have downsides—namely, when photos of a confrontation with his longtime nemesis Prince Henry at a royal wedding leak to the tabloids and threaten American/British relations.

The plan for damage control: staging a fake friendship between the First Son and the Prince. Alex is busy enough handling his mother’s bloodthirsty opponents and his own political ambitions without an uptight royal slowing him down. But beneath Henry’s Prince Charming veneer, there’s a soft-hearted eccentric with a dry sense of humor and more than one ghost haunting him.

As President Claremont kicks off her reelection bid, Alex finds himself hurtling into a secret relationship with Henry that could derail the campaign and upend two nations. And Henry throws everything into question for Alex, an impulsive, charming guy who thought he knew everything: What is worth the sacrifice? How do you do all the good you can do? And, most importantly, how will history remember you?

Clephiro (The Book Coven) (Clephiro) | 1801 comments THIS BOOK WAS SO UNBELIEVABLY CUTE.

Clephiro (The Book Coven) (Clephiro) | 1801 comments OMG I finished it, and it was so perfect? Please tell me that there will be a sequel with Nora or his sister?

Clephiro (The Book Coven) (Clephiro) | 1801 comments I actually am addicted to how much I loved this book. Diversity, LGBTQ+ characters, solid writing: It's the whole package!

I loved Henry so much, and the depictions of the royal family were pretty interesting.

Clephiro (The Book Coven) (Clephiro) | 1801 comments Seriously, this is a surprise read for me, and it was fantastic. I can't wait to see what else the author puts out.

Nora's book next, please. I love her and her computer brain. <3

✨Skye✨ | 2807 comments Finally getting to this!

✨Skye✨ | 2807 comments Up to chapter 4 (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 2807 comments Up to chapter 7 (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 2807 comments Up to chapter 10 (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 2807 comments Finished (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 2807 comments Clephiro (The Book Coven) wrote: "Seriously, this is a surprise read for me, and it was fantastic. I can't wait to see what else the author puts out.

Nora's book next, please. I love her and her computer brain. <3"

I would love to see a book following Nora too!

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (bookworm_sarah) | 71084 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting May 21st 2019. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 13: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments Shae and I are joining in!

message 14: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments I'm starting tomorrow!

Karen Barber | 5527 comments Heard good things about this, and definitely in the mood for something different.

Nancy (nancyemily) | 5 comments Very excited to start this (I have read 2 pages, atm haha).

This is my first buddy read ever, and I love that I now have a place to gush, rant, cry or vent about a book!!

message 17: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments 24% (view spoiler)

29% (view spoiler)

message 18: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments Oh how exciting Nancy! I'm glad! I tend to post a lot of updates too (when I'm not driving that is) and as I'm playing a lot of Candy Crush today, I believe I'll finish this, updates every few %

message 19: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments And I've decided to pause this until next month as it doesn't fit for any of the bonus points.

Karen Barber | 5527 comments Opening chapter did strike me as dull initially - but great timing for the end. Definitely sets up something more interesting.

Karen Barber | 5527 comments Up to ch6. Picked up quickly, and it’s hard not to like the White House Trio.

Karen Barber | 5527 comments Up to ch8. They’re not wasting time...but I’m waiting for something monumentally awful to happen!

message 23: by Jill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jill | 1428 comments (view spoiler)
Ch 3

Karen Barber | 5527 comments Up to ch9. Could have been awkward, but not as bad as it could have been.

Karen Barber | 5527 comments Up to ch12. Definitely not your expected scenario - but the way they talk about historical relationships is fascinating.

Karen Barber | 5527 comments Up to ch14. Cannot believe I didn’t see that relationship!

Nancy (nancyemily) | 5 comments Finally starting it this week! Had an interview this weekend and my anxiety was CRAZY so I couldn't do any reading :(

message 28: by Jill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ch 6

Itzel | 8 comments Ch 3 (view spoiler)

message 30: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments Will be continuing it next month, first thing!

message 31: by Jill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ch 10

Itzel | 8 comments Ch 9 (view spoiler)

message 33: by Jill (new) - rated it 5 stars

End

message 34: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments I'm picking this back up again on Wednesday! Can't wait!

message 35: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments 29% (view spoiler)

message 36: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments 30% (view spoiler)

message 37: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments 34% (view spoiler)

message 38: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments 37% (view spoiler)

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 593 comments Ch 9 just broke my heart. (view spoiler)

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 593 comments Maddison wrote: "37% [spoilers removed]"

Haha. Yeah. Nothing is left out.

Itzel | 8 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 593 comments Itzel wrote: "Finished Finally something happened and the drama barely lasted!
Mmh, idk, I feel all the problems they had they figured out too easily. Their relationship was well accepted right away, and the one..."

It's really unfortunate that you didn't enjoy it. :(

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 593 comments Finished. The ending was perfectly sweet.

message 44: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments 71% (view spoiler)

Itzel | 8 comments Dee Dee wrote: "It's really unfortunate that you didn't enjoy it. :("

It is, I was looking forward to reading it and really wanted to like it u_u

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 593 comments @Maddison that irked me too. Ugh

message 47: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments But I am loving it. Will finish it when it is borrowed again, it expired

message 48: by Nancy (last edited Jun 08, 2019 02:28PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nancy (nancyemily) | 5 comments Finished it today!

(view spoiler)

message 49: by Maddison (new) - added it

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 33358 comments Nancy can you please include spoiler tags in your review! I haven't finished yet and am trying not to be spoiled!

Rachael (ClassyCupcakezz) | 5424 comments Hi Maddison! I've just started this one today.. looking forward to reading it with you!

First let me start by saying I did not read the blurb and have no idea what this is about. However, now that I've read the first 2 chapters I have an idea. (view spoiler)

« previous 1