Axis Mundi X discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed for the Winter > Glad I'm Not A Conspiracy Theorist

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

shellyindallas Cos if I was, I might not buy the fact that all the dope in my water got there from your pee.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03...

message 2: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Shelly, that is so disgusting! I don't drink nearly enough water as it is, but that makes me want to drink NONE!

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony So let me get this straight...people pee the chemicals into the water, then we drink them? Lovely.

No wonder everyone in Boulder, where my brother lives, looks so happy all the time. They're all drinking each other's drug pee.

message 4: by Sheila (last edited Mar 10, 2008 10:23AM) (new)

Sheila I think I heard about this somehow a few months ago, associated with some statistic about fertility levels in men dropping, theoretically because of birth control hormones in drinking water.

In my neighborhood (town) we get friendly reminders from our city water people every few months (especially in spring), telling us "ooops, we're bound by law to tell you that we've recently missed the mark in state water standards again." Apparently there's a lot of farm runoff that befouls the River Raisin, our water source.

I buy bottled water now, after getting the first half-dozen of these notices.

shellyindallas Ha! Koe--that's hilarious. And no, according to the article filtering doesn't make a difference. It also says some bottled water is tainted.

I had the same initial reaction (after I realized it wasn't the government that placed the pharms in the water)--maybe a little mood altering drugs wouldn't be so bad for me?? Then I got mad, b/c my mood's not any better from drinking water everyday!

The article cites Austin as one of a few cities tested thats water wasn't contaminated. This makes no sense to me. You can't throw a rock in this town w/o hitting somebody medicated--legally or otherwise!? My guess is that the city's testers were f'ed up when they read results.

message 6: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
It's totally The Children of Men coming at us like a big train with no brakes. Party like it's 1999, people, because we're all going to be dead soon.

I drink bottled water. I can't stand the taste of tap water.

message 7: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Cali. water (and Lubbock, TX.) has to be the worst water I have ever tasted!!

Out at my folks they have well water, meanwhile pop and my brothers piss in the yard because they are too lazy to come in the house. Uh, doesn't that hit the water table and in turn the well? No wonder Drew claims the water out there gives him the shits!

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) "I drink bottled water. I can't stand the taste of tap water."

Ditto.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

party like it's the fake millenium
y2k
now those were some good times :)
i was livin in the maine woods with 11 dogs (2 adults 9 puppies so it wasn't that weird)
2 kids
a horned owl
a cat
10-15 coyotes on a ridge to the west of the house
a bear or bears on another ridge 1/4 mile southwest
innumerable birds, and small wild animals
surrounded by 20 miles of woods to the south and about 100 north with two chains of wilderness lakes and bogs and 3 rivers and two substantial stream systems
yah
except there were also about 300 acres of blue berry barrens laced with fungicides that caused neurological damage, cancer and respirtory illness
and another bazillion acres of paper company land laced for decades with all sorts of nasty chemicals
so...what char said
rock lobster......dooooiiiiiidoooo

message 10: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

whoa... Maureen... now there's some irony for ya. Nature is dangerous, dude. Motion in the ocean, the air hose broke... lots of bubbles, lots of troubles...

message 11: by Paul (new)

Paul Bryant Two of my pals went round the world and swore that they would only drink bottled water in India. They immediately came down with a bad stomach bug. They discovered that the place they bought their bottled water used recycled Evian bottles and filled them up from the tap. Such is life. Anyway, as we now know, bottled water is immoral

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main...

message 12: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) If anyone would have told you 20 years ago that you were going to pay for water in a bottle, what would you have said to them?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

way ta depress me amy

when i was in 5th or 6th grade our science teacher told us there were these computers in washington that took up a whole room and by the time we grew up they would be small and in everyone's house

tippity type tippity type

no more polar bears by 2050

message 14: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

I actually used to make jokes in high school that we would know The End is nigh when we start having to pay for water. Little did I know it would be in my lifetime. And that people would also be paying for air in some parts of the world. People, THE END IS NIGH

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/health/18...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.