I Read Comic Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BotM Nominations > Nominations for March's Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kait (new)

Kait (KaitL) | 125 comments Mod
What trade should we read together for our March’s Comic Book of the Month? Nominate your pick here!

This month's theme is “the main character is a villain or anti-hero.”

Titles nominated this month must have a villain or anti-hero main character. If you have any questions or concerns, please send a message to mod Kait, who is happy to help. You can find the complete 2019 theme calendar here.

Remember:
- Nominated titles must be TPB comics or original graphic novels.
- Only the first volume of a series may be nominated, unless the group has already read the previous volume(s) as a book of the month. To see what we've read, check out our group's bookshelf.
- Nominated titles cannot have the same writer as the previous month's BotM winner. This month, that's Claire Gibson.
- Nominated titles must fit the month's theme. To see past and upcoming themes, check out the 2018 theme calendar and the 2019 theme calendar.
- Only one nomination per person.
- You can "second" a nomination in place of nominating a different book, but this will count as your nomination for the month. Seconded books will receive an additional chance of being selected in the randomization process.
- If a title you nominate wins BotM, please refrain from nominating another title for one month to give others a chance.

Nomination & Voting Schedule:
To better accommodate our increasing number of members, the nomination and voting schedule is as follows every month:

16th: Nomination forum opens
23rd: Nomination forum closes; 5 nominations are selected at random; Voting opens
30th: Voting closes

More details on our updated nomination and voting procedures can be found here.

message 2: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Garfias Chan (Caitemunch) Nimona by Noelle Stevenson.

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 202 comments I nominate Buzzkill by Donny Cates and Mark Reznizeck Art by Geoff Shaw and Lauren Affe

message 4: by Chad (new)

Chad | 225 comments I'm going to go with Empire by Mark Waid and Barry Kitson.

message 5: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 59 comments I'd like to nominate Wanted by Mark Millar.

message 6: by Devon (new)

Devon Munn (DevonMM) | 51 comments I'd nominate Young Terroists by Matt Pizzolo

message 7: by Oneirosophos (last edited Feb 16, 2019 03:44PM) (new)

Oneirosophos | 16 comments I nominate the best limited DP series:

Deadpool, Merc with a Mouth: Head Trip

And one of my most favorite pages of this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/c...

:D

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin (erinspapercut) | 52 comments I’ve been meaning to read Plastic, which sounds like it will be delightfully weird, so I nominate that!

message 9: by Chad (new)

Chad | 225 comments Erin wrote: "I’ve been meaning to read Plastic, which sounds like it will be delightfully weird, so I nominate that!"
That's a good choice. It's fun but twisted.

message 10: by Eli (new)

Eli (efrederick) | 4 comments Caitlin wrote: "Nimona by Noelle Stevenson."

I second Nimona. Been wanting to read that.

message 11: by Chad (new)

Chad | 225 comments Eli wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Nimona by Noelle Stevenson."

I second Nimona. Been wanting to read that."

We read Nimona in June.

message 12: by Mike (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 365 comments Mod
I'm gonna nominate an oldie and a classic that's pretty rough around the edges: Sin City, Vol. 1: The Hard Goodbye

message 13: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 65 comments From "All Stars" Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely:

JLA: Earth 2

message 14: by Craig (new)

Craig | 15 comments Daniel wrote: "I nominate Buzzkill by Donny Cates and Mark Reznizeck Art by Geoff Shaw and Lauren Affe"

I would like to second this nomination as I've just recently gotten into Cates and this is one I still have to read.

message 15: by Gabriella (last edited Feb 20, 2019 03:57PM) (new)

Gabriella Elisabeth (GabriellaElisabeth) | 8 comments I would like to nominate Deadly Class by Rick Remender.

message 16: by Jakub (last edited Feb 19, 2019 02:09AM) (new)

Jakub Kvíz | 7 comments I nominate Star Wars: Darth Vader, Vol. 1: Vader by Kieron Gillen.

This book does not require any Star Wars comics knowledge and it's set between New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.

message 17: by Vojtěch (new)

Vojtěch Gašparik (vojtech) | 1 comments Thanos, Vol. 3: Thanos Wins by Donny Cates.
It's third volume, but the first two aren't needed to read this.

message 18: by Francis (new)

Francis | 88 comments I'm nominating Kill Your Boyfriend, it's a one shot rather than a graphic novel, I think it's quite an unknown and underrated piece of work by Grant Morrison. I'd be very interested to read what the general opinion of it is, and would be fascinated to hear Kara and Paul talk about it on the podcast. (I'm very demanding, I know, but if you don't have a dream...).

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.