Terminalcoffee discussion

Sharing Time: > 12 Most Annoying Facebookers...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Bells posted this on facebook today, and I'm stealing it...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/08/20/an...

I know some sympathy-baiters, and they drive me nuts...

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I have a friend whose only updates are that she's won another Swag Buck. I don't care. Really.

Oh, and pictures of her kids.

message 3: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments A couple of my wife's people do the cryptic, sympathy-baiting thing in their status updates and it drives me insane. It might look like I fall into the creepy lurker dude category, but really it's just that I pay close attention to my feeds.:)

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Uh ... yeah ... me, too. Yeah, that's it.

message 5: by Zen (new)

Zen (zentea) | 515 comments I did get tired of all that on Facebook. Now I only go there once in a while. But every time I need a really good "tweet", I can find it here:

http://mylifeisaverage.com/

message 6: by Félix (last edited Aug 21, 2009 09:04PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yeah. That's really cool. I mean the MLIA thing. But yeah, KD. I get that.

message 7: by Zen (new)

Zen (zentea) | 515 comments Make sure you get back a t those people by posting how much MORE fun you have with their kids (and they with you)......

message 8: by Angie (new)

Angie (angabel) I know I can be the sympathy-baiter every now and then. But mostly, it's directed to the boy I like because I'm too chicken to pick up the phone and call him when I'm having a bad day. (Like today... we haven't talked all day and this is driving me crazy.)

I do make interesting updates, so I've heard. It isn't until you're facebook friends that you realize that some of your friends and you have nothing in common. For me, it's when every other post is thanking God for their wonderful life. It's great that they have such wonderful lives to begin with, but at some point God has got to be like, "Yo. I get it. You're welcome. Stop thanking me!"

(I don't think any TCers are friends with me on facebook....)

message 9: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments MLIA was a great source of entertainment during final studies last year. Good stuff.

"Today, I typed "lol" while talking to my friend online but did not actually laugh out loud. Feeling guilty, I began to chuckle a little so that I would not be lying. MLIA"

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Excellent.

message 11: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments At least 94.83% of the time i'm often skeptical as to whether the person who typed LOL truly LOL'd...

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I feel that way about the ROTFLers. Really? You're laughing THAT HARD?
Really???

message 13: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Don't even get me started on the ROTFLMFAOers. I don't think that is even possible, from a medical perspective.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I get lost halfway through that one. Laughing my, what... face? Huh?

message 15: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Rolling on the floor laughing my f'n a--bottom off.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Oh. I get it now. No, not possible, nor desirable. :\

message 17: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Overheard in the ER: "Doc, you're not even going to believe this...oh uh honey, did you grab the bag from out of the trunk?"

message 18: by Angie (new)

Angie (angabel) How about... LSHIJSMP?

I'll give a tie-dyed cupcake to anyone who comes up with what I'm saying.

message 19: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Oh, that's awesome, Angabel. I googled so I can't claim the cupcake without feeling guilty...

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Laughing so hard i just s*** my pants. Nope, I don't care for these acronyms, I guess.

message 21: by Angie (new)

Angie (angabel) That's funny because I just googled it to see if it was a real acronym. Guess I can't take credit for it either, lol.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I didn't know it already, or look it up,Angabel. I just sussed it out starting with "laughing", honest.

message 23: by Angie (new)

Angie (angabel) I believe you Jackie. :) I didn't see your comment until I had already posted mine. Great minds think alike and mediocre minds google. (Teehee. No offense meant, Tadpole. ;))

message 24: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments It's Friday night and i'm tired and dull-witted at the moment, so no offense taken.:) Let us know what a tie-dyed cupcake tastes like, Jackie, i'm really curious...

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments It's rainbow-flavored, tadpole, which is like tutti-frutti, but shinier. :)

message 26: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) I may be a combination of the Let-Me-Tell-You-Every-Detail-Of-My-Day Bore, the Self-Promoter and the Crank. Does that mean I'm well-rounded?

message 27: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments I'm a big fan of your status updates, Misha, although I often get distracted by something shiny and forget to click "Like."

This brings up an interesting question. I'm all about wanting to know what my GR/fb crossover friends are doing all throughout the day, but not so much my family and offline, "driving distance" friends. Does anyone else make these distinctions?

message 28: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Me too, tadpole. But I'm not sure what that means about me.

message 29: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I mention my kids sometimes on facebook...but it's hard not to, since I live with them. Same with the dogs now.

I like status updates otherwise, but I do wonder about people who update about once an hour. Wait. I'm just catching up to your last eight...

message 30: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I make those distinctions, Tad. I've noticed that my GR/TC friends are much more clever with words than are some of my family or Fort Collins friends. I've added everyone to lists, and then I turn up or down the frequency of those lists on my preferences.
You guys are turned up.

message 31: by Dan (new)

Dan Schwent (akagunslinger) In regard to the LOL and not actually laughing issue, at work we started using TSF, that's so funny, after repeatedly catching each other not laughing. It comes from the Scrubs episode where JD's girlfriend never laughed.

message 32: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments TSF, I was just thinking about Scrubs...apparently they're bringing it back in a new form without JD. I tell you, it's a risky venture, esp. since the last ten minutes of the finale were the best series-ending I have ever seen.

message 33: by Dan (new)

Dan Schwent (akagunslinger) RandomAnthony wrote: "TSF, I was just thinking about Scrubs...apparently they're bringing it back in a new form without JD. I tell you, it's a risky venture, esp. since the last ten minutes of the finale were the best ..."

I don't think I'll be watching the new episodes of Scrubs. I liked how the "finale" ended.

message 34: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments If anyone hasn't seen it, here are the last ten minutes of Scrubs' finale...absolutely top notch...if you watched the show over the years, you catch a lot of the references, esp...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8-0R2...

message 35: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'm a fan of TSF. It makes much more sense. I also sometimes wish there was an acronym for snorting or guffawing.

message 36: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yikes.

message 37: by Sally, la reina (new)

Are you hating on me Lilly?

message 38: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sally you don't do that.

message 39: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments If Sally does that I feel left out.

message 40: by Sally, la reina (new)

Heh. It's the chat part of that you're referring to, I know. I equate chatting with talking on the phone. Don't wanna.

message 41: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Do you twitter much anymore, Sally? I only go on there sporadically and I think Kevin is the only TC person who I still see posting anything.

message 42: by Angie (new)

Angie (angabel) I don't work at all so I am on the computer most of the day, everyday, even if I'm just reading in front of it. I refuse to use the GR status and wish they would allow me to get rid of it, and the same with the silly quiz results.

Since twitter exploded, my livejournal friends list has been SO SLOW. It's like no one has time anymore to sit down and write a proper entry about their lives that I can read at my own time; instead, I'm expected to keep up with them throughout the day, everyday.

message 43: by Sally, la reina (new)

I don't twitter much, Tad. Not as many people I know are on there so my twits go unchuckled. Perhaps I'm just a wee too old for it?

Sweeter fixed his so that he only updates his status in one place and it updates Twitter and FB.

message 44: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) I've given Twitter a couple of shots, but I just find it a bit pointless. The core group of people I'm friends with on Twitter are the same friends I follow by Live Journal, Facebook, e-mail group, so it just gets repetitive.

I find it highly annoying that most of my LJ friends list lately is just an aggregate of things people said on Twitter. If I want to read your tweets, I'll follow you on Twitter, people! Seriously.

I find Facebook the most useful social networking site, just for the variety of people I've found there, or who have found me. But GR is my favorite for content. Facebook has let me get back in touch with people I'd lost contact with, which I enjoy. GR has expanded my circle of friends to include some very cool new people. Twitter doesn't do that, and I really don't see the potential for it there.

message 45: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments I had trouble finding you on there on your last go-round, Misha. That 'Find people' function needs some serious work. I like seeing what Kevin and more recently Bill Keckler are tweeting about, because it is usually different stuff than I see from them on GR.

My favorite thing about twitter is that two of my favorite writers, William Gibson and Jack Womack, often post links to websites that they find interesting.

I've also noticed that some celebrity types who you would think lead really exciting lives (i'm lookin' at you...Penn Jillette and MC Hammer) are actually boring as hell.

message 46: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) I have two Twitter accounts at present. My personal one is under "9thwanderer" but my tweets automatically post to Facebook, so you're not missing anything, Tadpole.

I will say that one thing Twitter is useful for is aggregating updates by news outlets and celebrities I'm interested in, kind of like having an rss feed of blogs I like on google. I mostly use it to get links to news articles.

message 47: by Heidi (last edited Aug 24, 2009 07:48AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I get very irked with "LOL." I do laugh every time I see "ROFLCOPTER!," though.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a terrible Facebooker. People invite me to their towns and villes and I'm just like "whatever." I go on to keep in touch with friends and post notes, but that's about it.

message 49: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) I have given up all farms, villages, sweet shops; but not sending drinks, and demotivational posters, etc.

Annoying? How could anyone think I was annoying? The very thought. Ficus, did you hear that?

message 50: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) Oh, and RA, that was a total nostalgia trip on the JD departing Sacred Heart. You moistened my eyes.

Well, almost

« previous 1