Fans of Southern Literature discussion

Tristan Egolf

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric (Balsagoth) | 64 comments For those of you not familiar with this guy try him out he knocks em out of the park and unfortunatley the three he has are all that is there as he took his life too early. Definetly for fans of Harry Crews.

message 2: by Gary (new)

Gary | 54 comments I have one of his books i think. can you give me the titles??? i need to look on my shelves. you'd think i'd have my books organized, wouldn't you??

message 3: by Eric (new)

Eric (Balsagoth) | 64 comments yes me too
Kornwolf
Lord of the Baryard
the skirt and the fiddle

There are some other titles but they are in other languages as he spent much of his time over seas. I think they are just essays and same book different title

message 4: by Gary (new)

Gary | 54 comments I have Lord of the Barnyard. not read it, yet. guess i need to dig that sucker out, eh????

message 5: by Eric (new)

Eric (Balsagoth) | 64 comments I read that first and was after everything i could find from him. after i got the two others down is when i found out that he had taken his life. anyway that ones is about as funny and wicked as they come.

message 6: by Gary (new)

Gary | 54 comments i had bought the book , because i read a review somewhere that it was great. maybe newsweek, the st. louis post, hell, i can't remember,and right after i bought it he died. i just never picked it up to read it. i love funny wicked stuff.
love it when a good book makes me laugh outloud. i don't know if this guy is in the same league, but i really like christopher moore. you read any of his stuff?????

message 7: by Gary (new)

Gary | 54 comments or tom robbins???

message 8: by Eric (new)

Eric (Balsagoth) | 64 comments Funny you should ask I love moore. i have a bunch of his stuff. I have only read another roadside attraction but loved it and have about 4 more to read...it seems i tend to have way more than i need to read on hand but i think that is a good thing.

I wouldnt say the same as moore i would have to guess that you will laugh out loud but it is different if you have read harry crews i suppose you could say he is a combination of the two. he is almost as sarcastic as obviously making fun of things in life that are enevitable.

message 9: by Eric (new)

Eric (Balsagoth) | 64 comments A confederacy of dunces? my all time favorite comedy.

message 10: by Cory (new)

Cory (The_Child_the_Father_of_the_Man) | 26 comments Mod
A Confederacy of Dunces is the by far the book that made me cackle and laugh out loud the most.

message 11: by Gary (new)

Gary | 54 comments i liked confederacy a lot. i read it while in new orleans. seemed appropriate.
i love moore. read everything by him, but Practical Demonkeeping, which is on my shelf to be cracked opened. I love LAMB by him, and THE STUPIDEST ANGEL, THE SEQUINED LOVE NUN, THE LIZARD OF MELANCHOLY COVE, and like the others too.

message 12: by Gary (new)

Gary | 54 comments FOOL , his newest, is hilarious.

message 13: by Eric (new)

Eric (Balsagoth) | 64 comments Cheers! Sounds like people that have fun with reading i like that. ~