WDWforGrownups discussion

Plans and Stuff!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bali (new)

Bali | 23 comments Mod
Hi guys!

As we mentioned on the boards, we're going to plan on getting Secret Life of Bees read within the next few weeks, and we can start discussion on it the first two weeks of September!

Then we can continue discussion on that book and start up some topics on Lost Symbol once it comes out September 15th.

If anyone has any other ideas, book suggestions, etc., please let me know! :)

I'll start looking through discussion guides, etc. to find some questions to get the ball rolling!

This is my first book group! So excited to have a "reason" to read again!

Bali

message 2: by Dopeynme (new)

Dopeynme | 8 comments Hi, Gang! I am dopeynme from the other boards, Lauri in th rest of my life.....This is a great idea. I will jum in for the Dan Brown book later in Sept!

message 3: by Bali (new)

Bali | 23 comments Mod
Hey Dopeynme!! So glad you could join us! Congrats on your BLT purchase, too! Just saw that over on wdwfg. You must be walking on air!

message 4: by Dopeynme (new)

Dopeynme | 8 comments Thanks, Bali! Yes, we really are excited about DVC. Been looking and thinking about it for years!

Thanks for setting up this group. WDWfor grownups is such a fun bunch!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 24 comments Sounds like a very good plan, just need to get my hands on the books :-)

Dopeynme - You will have to let me know how you like BLT. My boyfriend and I are talking about buying into DVC in about a year or so (once we are able to save up for a decent down payment) so we have it available to start using for a honeymoon and are torn between BLT and AKL.

message 6: by Millie (new)

Millie Hubbard | 2 comments If anyone is a Barnes & Noble member, The Lost Symbol will $16.17 for members and can be ordered online or reserved in the stores. Just rc'd the email this morning.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey guys :-) This seems like a really cool idea! I hope I can read the first book in time, there is a wait at the library, but I think it is only a couple people.

message 8: by Dopeynme (new)

Dopeynme | 8 comments Sarah wrote: "Sounds like a very good plan, just need to get my hands on the books :-)

Dopeynme - You will have to let me know how you like BLT. My boyfriend and I are talking about buying into DVC in about ..."

HI, Sarah! Our first trip is in Feb. I will definitely post how we like it!

Millie, thanks for the B&N tip. I didn't get that email, but will check it out!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Whoops! I guess my commend didn't post! Just wanted to say Hi and I'm looking forward to the discussion :-)

Also @Sarah: Good luck with the AKL/BLT decision (I think I'd be a BLT girl all the way!)

And @Millie: Thanks for the info on Barnes and Noble!

@Caitie: good luck getting the book! If worse comes to worst, head over to Borders or Barnes and Noble for a day and read it there ;-)

message 10: by Millie (new)

Millie Hubbard | 2 comments Yesterday was my BD and DH went to B&N and pre-ordered the book for me!! What a sweetie!!

I can't wait. I just finished another good book, a suspense novel based in DC at the Library of Congress Rare Books Room. It's on my GoodReads list...The Collectors...it was really good incase anyone is interested.

message 11: by Dopeynme (new)

Dopeynme | 8 comments Hi, Millie! I loved that book and the Camel Club series. David Baldacci rocks!

Lauri (dopeynme)

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 24 comments Thanks for the tip on B&N . . I will have to check it out.

@annie - thanks for the good luck with the DVC decision

@dopeynme - looking forward to Feb.

Sarah (AGlassSlipper17 on WDWFG)