twilight lovers! discussion

Breaking Dawn Movie > Breaking Dawn two films?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mellady77 (new)

Mellady77 Stibich | 1149 comments Boo Boo Stewart and his rep have announced that he is signed on for three more Twilight installments. But does that mean Breaking Dawn is going to be made into two films?

Here is the full story: http://www.examiner.com/x-4908-Twilig...

message 2: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments Hhm... I don't know how to react. That's partially good, because then they can get a lot of stuff in. Bad, because if they split it wrong... well it'll suck.

message 3: by Mellady77 (last edited Aug 21, 2009 09:04PM) (new)

Mellady77 Stibich | 1149 comments SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I just wanted to go on record thinking it possibly could be done or they could have just miscalculated. (Eclipse and Breaking Dawn but not realizing filming is finished on New Moon or perhaps they are adding a scene or two to New Moon!)

I don’t think it could be done well but BD could be Broke up into two movies. The first half would be be all wedding, honeymoon and pregnancy the climax would be left hanging with Jacob leaving Bella after her delivery, as he starts to walk out of the house, listening to her heart slowing, turning as he sees Rose sitting with the baby, starting to crouch to attach and then, Nessie's eyes, he stops mid transformation and stays human, cocks his head to one side and everything fades black as we hear Bella's last heartbeat.

The second half of the BD could Bella’s transformation, it would need to start out with the three days she’s “burning” and it could flash back to everything that lead up to it because she does kind of do that in the book. They could even film it over the opening credits like they did with the latest Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton. The fist official scene of the film could be Bella slowly waking. It would go through her newborn stuff and finding out that the Volturi are coming. For the film, they should make it more action packed and should show some fighting if not any fatalities. But whatever they do, DO NOT HAVE EDWARD CALL JACOB "SON". Grrr, I'd be happy with friend and brother.

Of course, one could be callled Breaking Dawn and the other could be called Forever Dawn as a Nod to Stephenie Meyer’s writing. But that’s taking it too far.

message 4: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments That's where it'd be perfect to split it. When Nessie is born.

And I think it'd be SO funny and awesome to see Edward call Jacob "Son." It'll show they're finally friends... or close to i.t

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 21, 2009 08:57PM) (new)

"Stephanie Meyer’s writing"

*Gasp* Not another misspelling of Stephenie Meyer's name!

What's it with all these publications getting it wrong? Don't they ever verify? It's not some long foreign name. Stephen + ie= Stephenie

message 6: by Mellady77 (new)

Mellady77 Stibich | 1149 comments Ehh you got me, but my friend spells it that way so I do hers right when it's really wrong. Ha! Go figure!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehe.

message 8: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
According to sources, the fourth and final story in Stephanie Meyer’s series will be released in two parts and production will once again take place in Portland, Oregon. In addition a new production company, Sunswept Entertainment, has been brought in for Breaking Dawn, which is due to shooting in September 2010.

Creator of Sunswept Entertainment, Karen Rosenfelt will produce, Rosenfelt also served as Producer on “Twilight” and “The Twilight Saga: New Moon“. A director has not yet been attached to the project.

According to sources there will likely be heavy censoring of Breaking Dawn’s explicit sex and birth scenes in order to avoid an ‘R’ rating. Although Summit have not confirmed that the film will be shot in two parts, author Stephanie Meyer has stated:

“It would have to be made into multiple movies because it’s hard to imagine it fitting into ninety minutes”.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh. If that happens we'll have to wait another year to get this over with.

message 10: by Roksana (new)

Roksana | 118 comments Not shooting till Sep??? Oh gah....
Well I guess we have a few things to look forward to in between.

Nov 09 - New Moon Movie
Around Mar 10 - DVD New Moon Move
Jun 10 - Eclipse
Nov 10 - DVD Eclipse....

Aaaaahhhhhhh NO...We have nothing to fill in from Nov 10 to Jul 11. and then who knows when P2 comes out!

You suck Summit....LOL

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

How does Eclipse come out so soon we had to wait a year for New Moon!

message 12: by Alexis Jade (new)

Alexis Jade (alexislovesbooks) | 23 comments Ambizzle wrote: "How does Eclipse come out so soon we had to wait a year for New Moon!"

Maybe they're rushing it for money.
Don't want the hype to slow down, ya know?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm glad I would rather they all come out in a shorter amount of time

message 14: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
It may be for the money but I have heard that it has a lot to do with not wanting the actors to age to much for the characters.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Probably especially the vampires

message 16: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade Okay, I have to say this- Is his name really Boo Boo??? I feel really gullible. O_O

message 17: by Varna (new)

Varna | 14 comments I would abtually like to ahve 2 films for the last book, they are doing the same for the last Harry Potter Book: Deathly Hallows

message 18: by kay gal (kayla) (new)

kay gal (kayla) Saphire | 15 comments but if they split it it may take longer for the other half of the film to come out but also if they split it we will have more footage there off making the film better

message 19: by M (new)

M (readergirl67) Nightshade wrote: "Okay, I have to say this- Is his name really Boo Boo??? I feel really gullible. O_O"

I was wondering thias too... seems like it

message 20: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 6 comments I think it should be split into two movies- theres too many key points that shouldn't be left out... and as for time, they should make them both and have them come out like a few weeks from each other.!

message 21: by Noelle (new)

Noelle (neruss8) I don't know how they can pull it off making it only one movie. Either they would have to leave alot out, or pull an avatar and make it more than two and a half hours and still leave things out. Either way I think I and everyone else who's read Breaking Dawn would be highly upset by the movie. That being said, two movies would probably work best.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I think 2 films would be great!
I just am not so thrilled to pay twice

message 23: by Baillie (new)

Baillie (Baillie12) mabey they are doing it too get more money for the two films becuse it would make sence if they were in it for more money
or eather it is not enough time to fit the whole move in. however i dont want it to be rated r.that would stink

message 24: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade I might not even see the Breaking Dawn movie at all. I have no interest in scarring my memories with disgusting things... O_O

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Good point

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

OH my goodness... I'm not going to wait that long....