Movies We've Just Watched discussion

ACTION Flicks > The Last Airbender

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 85 comments I cannot wait for this one...

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4008...

message 2: by Sooz (new)

Sooz Stephanie wrote: "I cannot wait for this one...

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4008..."

Stephanie: is this based on Avator? the animated series? i've not seen it, but i have heard really good things about the series.

message 3: by Anna (last edited Nov 26, 2009 08:34PM) (new)

Anna (lilfox) | 465 comments The last airbender is something different than Avatar (the movie with those blue creatures).

message 4: by Sooz (new)

Sooz Anna wrote: "The last airbender is something different than Avatar (the movie with those blue creatures)."

thanks Anna

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 85 comments Yes it is based off of the cartoon.

message 6: by Sooz (new)

Sooz Stephanie wrote: "Yes it is based off of the cartoon. "

i wondered - it was a bit confusing, given that there was a movie called Avator, but it is obvious that Cameron's movie is not based on the t.v. series.

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 85 comments Yes I actually wonder if that is why they waited to release The Last Airbender. To avoid any confusion...

message 8: by Sooz (new)

Sooz Stephanie wrote: "Yes I actually wonder if that is why they waited to release The Last Airbender. To avoid any confusion..."

well, l.o.l. it didn't work - at least not in my case!

message 9: by Audrey (new)

Audrey Cook Kolbek (audreykol) I love the cartoon! When it is on I try to get my kids to watch so that I can watch it. LOL
Can't wait for it to came out and M. Knight Shyamalan .... I have liked all of his movies.

message 10: by Chris (new)

Chris | 3 comments it's cool...

message 11: by Nilofer (last edited Feb 14, 2010 10:31PM) (new)

Nilofer (nilofers) Audrey wrote: "I love the cartoon! When it is on I try to get my kids to watch so that I can watch it. LOL
Can't wait for it to came out and M. Knight Shyamalan .... I have liked all of his movies. "

Same goes for me too, my kids even got the DVD version of last year's season :) and that fact that the director's M Night Shyamalan is the icing on the cake

message 12: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Hinkel-Gill (carriehgill) | 4 comments I'm glad I heard about this!

My husband mentioned something about there being an Avatar: The Last Air Bender movie because he knows I'm such a huge fan of the Anime series, but we ended up getting confused thinking that what he heard about was James Cameron's Avatar, but now I'm guessing the one he heard about was actually this movie!

I hope they work really hard to stick to the story line. However, I have to wonder why they chose to do it with real people and start from the beginning.

I know that this played out to a conclusion in the Anime, but I really hope that they might take this story farther than the TV series did. Yeah, okay, so there's an HEA, but I'm always one who wants to see beyond that. Does the HEA last for all of the characters once the dust of battle has truly settled?

message 14: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (audrey_g) | 18 comments The Last Airbender comes out today. Here's another clip from Apple trailers:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/pa...

message 15: by Tom (new)

Tom | 5282 comments If anyone's been reading reviews, this film is getting slammed like few others since, well, SEX AND THE CITY 2.

message 16: by Steve (last edited Jul 04, 2010 07:23AM) (new)

Steve | 957 comments I read some reviews; it really sounds dreadful. Which is no surprise; it was written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan, after all.