2019 Reading Challenge discussion

Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2)
This topic is about Dragonfly in Amber
ARCHIVE 2019 Buddy Reads > Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander #2)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kadijah Michelle (last edited Feb 09, 2019 01:58PM) (new)

Kadijah Michelle (Kadmich) | 2172 comments This thread is to discuss the Diana Gabaldon book, Dragonfly in Amber, the 2nd book in the Outlander Series.

Pages: 743 pages

Length: 1 month

Participants: Allexy, Allie, Ana, Ariel, Aubrey, Cassie, Evonne, Hope, Kindra, Mindi, Nicoletta

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Happy Buddy Reading!

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 742 comments Think I'll keep going with the series for now, if you don't mind adding me to the buddy read group. Thanks!

Honestly, I'm still so on the fence about Outlander, hoping Dragonfly in Amber will help me decide.

Allie | 64 comments I started yesterday, and I’m on chapter 5, about 50 e-pages in.

It has been 4 years since I read Outlander, and I was worried I’d be lost. Good news: I’m not lost. Bad news: I’m not hooked, either.

I know it’s a massive book, and these are early days. Hopefully, something will captivate me soon.

Alexxy | 227 comments Hey guys, I'm currently reading this book too. So, I'd like to be added to the buddy read. :)

message 5: by Cassie (new) - added it

Cassie | 166 comments It's been a while since I've read this and I'm *attempting* to go back through and listen to them all again.... so I'll join in the hopes that it will hold me accountable!

Allie | 64 comments How is everyone doing?

Alexxy | 227 comments I'm almost done. I've read about 80% now, and will probably finish in a few days.

My thoughts so far: it's okay. I can't say that I'm liking it as much as I did the first book.

The opening chapters seriously ruined everyhting for me. Not only I did not like their style (view spoiler), but the whole prospect of it was disheartening. (view spoiler)

And really, there's not much reason behind it, but I'm just not feeling this second book. Perhaps it's the reason I mentioned above, perhaps it's something else. Whatever it is, I'm still curious to know what happens next, but not curious enough to read the following books. I'm planning on continuing on with the tv series after I've finished this book. I've already watched the first season and they seem to be sticking to the orginal material and not taking many liberties, so I guess that'll be fine.

Allie | 64 comments You've made better progress than me, Alexxy. I'm 55% done, and I feel like I'm just plodding through it, fighting through one bloated scene after another, all while feeling there's no real point to anything the characters are doing.

At this point, I'll finish it, but I really don't intend to read any further books in the series.

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 742 comments Hey, all!

Feels like someone snapped and February was gone! I meant to start on this earlier in the month but it's gotten waylaid. I've read the first two chapters and kept getting distracted. I'll be reading it into the next month.

Sorry to hear that it wasn't a good read for y'all. As on the fence about continuing the series as I was, I'm still super curious. Hope y'all don't mind me commenting as a get on with it, if and when. :)

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 742 comments I'm more than halfway through. I've muddled along through it for the most part. The beginning was so frustrating to me and distractions abounded.

I'm at a place where I'm just not a fan of the romance aspect of this series. I don't know if events of the first book have just put me off or what but I still can't seem to connect with the characters on that level. I'm still interested in the historical fiction side of things, to a point.