The FAYZ: The Gone Series discussion

Predictions > Gaiaphage

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 225 comments Mod
Is the gaiaphage gone or not? I saw some people discussing this on the Hunger discussion page, and thought it would be interesting.

Also, gaia= earth
phage= eat

message 2: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) GONE!? No way....it probably is the one that starts the "LIES" in others to have them turn against each other...or the darkness is quiet in LIES and starts the PLAGUE in book 4.

I don't think it will be gone....its got to be the 'big bad' they are fighting.

Also - the monster thing they see when they decide not to poof....is that a part of the darkness/gaiaphage or something entirely different? And the monsters that Petey creates (Nestor)....are those the monster/darkness/or something else??

HELP!?!

message 3: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) Why isn't MG part of our discussions!?! :)

message 4: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

lianna (emiliaclarkes) | 187 comments Mod
I know. He really needs to see this group ( :

message 5: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Can you invite people to a group without having them on your friends list?

I'll look that up. :D

message 6: by lianna, The Nice One (last edited Oct 13, 2009 03:55PM) (new)

Eh I don't think so. ):
But Michael Grant is on my friend's list. .

message 7: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Oh, can you invite him? That would be amazing!

And I made you a moderator. :D

message 8: by lianna, The Nice One (last edited Oct 14, 2009 08:06AM) (new)

Oh, thanks. :)
I invited him.

message 9: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Awesome! That would be so cool if he joins. I've also invited a few of my friends that have recently read Gone. :D

message 10: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Ooh good. :) Cause this group is almost dead.
I'll work on inviting.

message 11: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

I know, and I don't want the group to die, but I can't think of anything new to post about. :P

Do you have any ideas?

message 12: by Sean (new)

Sean | 43 comments hmm dunno rachel

message 13: by lianna, The Nice One (last edited Oct 15, 2009 03:21PM) (new)

lol, Michael Grant is a member of our group now.

Hmmm. On other groups we have things like these on separate pages...:

Predictions
Opinions of characters
Opinions of books
An introduce yourself page
A place to put your favorite quotes from the books
A Roleplay
What got you into these books?
What do you like about this series?

message 14: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Oh, yay!

And thanks for the ideas! Do you want to start the pages or would you like me to?

message 15: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

Hmmm. Well if we're going to do a roleplay then I'll have to make a new folder for that seeing as it takes up like five topics.

I'd be happy to help but I'm not sure how you want the pages organized.

message 16: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

Ok, so you can do the roleplay, and I can do the others. Does that sound good?

message 17: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

'Course. :)

message 18: by lianna, The Nice One (new)

The roleplay is finally finished. Man it takes forever to copy all those names...

message 19: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

I'm sure it must! I'll send out a group email saying that we have roleplay now. :D

message 20: by Leah (new)

Leah (aliveandwell) | 184 comments Jillian wrote: "GONE!? No way....it probably is the one that starts the "LIES" in others to have them turn against each other...or the darkness is quiet in LIES and starts the PLAGUE in book 4.

I don't think it..."

you know what, i was thinking about that and i think the Darkness has something to do with Lil Pete and the 'stepping out' thing. because if you think about it, The Darkness is green, Duck Zang said so. and the monster you see on your birthday is also green right?? that's what i think.

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma | 11 comments Hmmm I defenitely think that The Darkness is still out there, only defeated for a little while... I think that it will still be a big part of the series.

message 22: by Jane (new)

Jane Annabelle (who_you_were) | 31 comments Well, I think that if the Darkness was really gone then wouldn't the FAYZ be gone? 'Cause LP might have made it but I think it was all Darknesses fault. And if kids keep poofing then that means its not gone. But the Darkness is a giant part of the series, thats probably what made the FAYZ happen.

message 23: by Jane (new)

Jane Annabelle (who_you_were) | 31 comments Maybe it's the darkness shapeshifting into the one you care most about to drift you out of The FAYZ.

Wait I thought that was already proven in the books... :S?
It seems most reasonable though, yeah.

message 24: by Jane (new)

Jane Annabelle (who_you_were) | 31 comments yeah! lol, a FAYZapedia...lol

message 25: by Ozzie (new)

Ozzie Sean | 1 comments I reckon the gaiaphage and the creature the kids see when they poof are one and the same. In fact I reckon the kids get poofed to the gaiaphage who eats them. That's why in Hunger, after the kids have realised how to avoid being poofed, the gaiaphage gets hungry and starts calling to Lana and Caine.

message 26: by Jane (new)

Jane Annabelle (who_you_were) | 31 comments agree. or maybe, the Gaiaphage take's their souls. lol.

message 27: by Selena (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) I think that the Gaiaphage comes back, but will use Duck's or Drake's body, since they're supposedly dead in that mine. That way he (it??) can talk to the kids and get information about their powers and weaknesses.

And I agree with Ozzie. That makes sense.

message 28: by Ar0n (new)

Ar0n | 6 comments Little Pete created the FAYZ because the Darkness was controlling the power plant workers. Who were going to cause a Nuclear Meltdown which would destroy everything in the radius that is the same radius of the FAYZ. The explosion would then feed the Darkness.I think in LIES the Darkness comes back in someone elses body. And turns people against each other. And in PLAGUE. I think there will be some sort of disease or andemic. Which kills of tons of people. And in DARKNESS (The fifth book). It miit tell the story of the Darkness. Or the Darkness will get the body he wanted in HUNGER from Little Pete. And there will be war. And in LIGHT. Little Pete dies which then destroys the body of the Darkness because he made it and destroys the FAYZ wall barrier. comments back please.

message 29: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 4 comments ok the guy above pretty much has it all under wraps but the idea about Nester the russian doll. The doll is one of those things that when u remove the top and bottom of the doll another smaller one is inside and it continues to open until they run out.... the idea in HUNGER is that the gaiaphage is a russian doll cause when lana see's in its head she has the visions of the different monsters coming out of each other. I think that the gaiaphage will turn into about 4 monsters until the last book and in the final show down it turns into SAM and CAINE's mum and they need 2 kill it to stop the FAYZ and the darkness

message 30: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 4 comments Ozzie wrote: "I reckon the gaiaphage and the creature the kids see when they poof are one and the same. In fact I reckon the kids get poofed to the gaiaphage who eats them. That's why in Hunger, after the kids h..."
incorrect the gaiaphage gets hungry becasue the uranium it has from the asteroid is all used up so it needs more thats y it calls to lana and caine.......question?? how come hermit jim didnt dissapear? i know he's dead but y didnt he go im sure there were other peps that were dead at the time also

message 31: by Ar0n (new)

Ar0n | 6 comments Ozzie is nearly riit. At fifteen the kids get poofed to the gaiaphage. But they dont get eaten. In LIES sam gets people to dig a hole out in the desert and they find all the poofed people

message 32: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments i was too lazy to read all that, lol ;)

message 33: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 4 comments Ar0n wrote: "Ozzie is nearly riit. At fifteen the kids get poofed to the gaiaphage. But they dont get eaten. In LIES sam gets people to dig a hole out in the desert and they find all the poofed people"

how do u guys all know wat happens in LIES and stuff its not even out yet???????????

message 34: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments i think they got advanced copies :)

message 35: by Jane (new)

Jane Annabelle (who_you_were) | 31 comments omg i wish i had one!!!! :(

message 36: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 4 comments but the couldnt have had the advanced copies for DARKNESS and PLAGUE he hasnt even started them yet

message 37: by Ar0n (new)

Ar0n | 6 comments You forgot bowt LIGHT

message 38: by Ar0n (new)

Ar0n | 6 comments ***WARNING SPOILER*** MEGA LOLZ ***

And my firsst comment was just abowt what I thought was to happen. But I done some research. And in LIES there was an extract from it and they find all the poofeees. Lol.

***WARNING SPOILER*** MEGA LOLZ ***

message 39: by Ar0n (new)

Ar0n | 6 comments These books are soo freckin' awesoomly addictive

message 40: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (last edited Feb 24, 2010 12:12PM) (new)

Ar0n wrote: "***WARNING SPOILER*** MEGA LOLZ ***

And my firsst comment was just abowt what I thought was to happen. But I done some research. And in LIES there was an extract from it and they find all the poof..."

ONLY POST SPOILERS FOR LIES IN THE LIES SPOILER TOPIC!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2...

This is one warning.

message 41: by Rob (new)

Rob (goodreadscomchaoticcookie37) | 339 comments It will kind of suck if the GaiaPhage is alive, the reason being that would mean that Duck died for nothing =[