Underground Knowledge — A discussion group discussion

Vaccine Science Revisited: Are Childhood Immunizations As Safe As Claimed? (The Underground Knowledge Series, #8)
This topic is about Vaccine Science Revisited
VACCINE SCIENCE REVISITED > How Safe Are Vaccines? A Medical Laboratory Scientist Speaks

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James, Group Founder (last edited Jan 24, 2019 11:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 10562 comments Read or listen to the foreword (by a medical laboratory scientist) to our new book VACCINE SCIENCE REVISITED: Are Childhood Immunizations As Safe As Claimed?:

Listen to audio here:

How Safe Are Vaccines? A Medical Laboratory Scientist Speaks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmN9n...

Foreword:

Back when I was a student in the laboratory science program at Weber State University, Utah, I developed a fascination for microbial life. Vaccine science was a part of the curriculum, but the emphasis, ahead of all else, was on the greatness of the invention of vaccines and their revolutionary ability to ward off sickness. Vaccines were then, and still are, considered a lifesaving technology. Said to be so crucial to our health that every child should receive the official immunization schedule, which in some countries is now mandatory by law.

During my student days, there was never any opportunity for discussion relating to potential downsides to the vaccination process and we were even encouraged, albeit subtly, to debunk anyone who dared question the safety of the many vaccines in circulation.

What we didn’t learn as students, and something you don’t commonly hear about when being vaccinated, is what a vaccine’s ingredients or contaminants are (not to mention their potential side effects).

The microbial, or bacteriological, realm inside us always continued to intrigue me. Even after completing my formal studies at university and commencing work as a medical laboratory scientist, I conducted personal research into this unique world in my downtime. It wasn’t until more recent years however, that I came across research papers and articles on vaccines that led me to develop some reservations in regards to their manufacture. This was literally the first time, after many years of studying medicine and working in the healthcare sector, that vaccines became a concern to me.

Having two teenage kids who are both fully vaccinated, healthy and without allergies or disabilities of any kind, I can’t say my concern over vaccines and their side effects related to me personally. Yet having worked at a medical clinic for many years it was not lost on me how often children were falling ill and being diagnosed with some type of disease. As I started to research further, I began to wonder whether there could be a valid correlation between vaccines and at least some of these diagnosed childhood diseases.

Trying to find such a correlation turned out to be more difficult than expected. Vaccine research is often convoluted or else too narrowly focused. I also came to realize how difficult it is to distinguish between legitimate research and biased research. It became clear to me that many of the research papers I was studying were misrepresenting true observations.

I have great respect for researchers and the passion they put into their work. The papers they publish are often ground-breaking and fascinating. Unfortunately though, science has its own version of fake news.

This was highlighted in shocking fashion in October of 2018 when the world’s news media reported that three academics – Dr. Peter Boghossian, Helen Pluckrose and Dr. James Lindsay – had cleverly exposed the weaknesses of scientific journals. In order to prove a point about shoddy research standards, they made up research and created their own data to fit a pre-conceived conclusion and sent these papers off to peer-reviewed journals. Some of these papers made it through peer review and were actually published.

That and other examples of serious flaws in the field of scientific research have forced me to view other scientists’ work with a more critical eye.

In the first part of this book, authors James and Lance Morcan put vaccine ingredients under the microscope one at a time and explain their effects on cells within the human body. This is a journey like no other. The reader is given an insight into how the vaccine ingredients themselves impact our cells and what happens to us when our cells are exposed to them.

The second part of this book inspects the various illnesses associated with the ingredients found in childhood vaccines. At times the dangers seem so obvious you start wondering why it isn’t clear to everyone.

Vaccine Science Revisited opens your eyes to so much more than just vaccines. It makes the reader realize how affected we are by our environment in general. And all of a sudden, all the various disorders humankind puts up with start making more sense. We are shown how multitudes of factors play their part and how these make it so difficult for medical professionals to determine a specific cause for an illness. Because most likely, there isn’t a specific cause, but an accumulation of multiple causes.

James and Lance have done an extraordinary job digging through paper after paper in order to find the most authentic and reliable studies to include in this book. It’s extremely rare to find a book that covers vaccines in such a scientifically pure manner. In other words, the data is presented in its raw state so nothing should cloud the reader’s judgement or taint the research.

Again though, it’s also nearly impossible to distinguish between fake data and true data. So in the end, it’s difficult to know which scientific authors or papers to trust when researching immunization studies. To combat this, James and Lance have searched for consistency using papers from multiple authors in order to uncover true or accurate data.

Although the human body can’t be dissected into fragments and problems cannot usually be pinpointed to specific locations, this book also does a great job at explaining how various vaccine ingredients can impact our cells.

Focusing on our cellular levels is so important in this field of research because cells cover our entire body. So rather than narrowing our perspective solely to damage within one location of the body, we obtain a broader, more holistic view by studying the influence of vaccine ingredients on cells. It becomes clear when reading this book that what happens in one part of the body has consequences on other parts of the body as well.

Cells that comprise the human body are extremely intricate, yet observable. Using the information of some of the cellular functions mentioned in this book, you can clearly imagine certain mechanisms within a cell and how each and every part (of a cell) has a job to do.

One of my favorite revelations in this book is the importance of the cell membrane and how it regulates exactly what enters and leaves the cell. The authors opened my mind to possibilities I hadn’t ever fully considered. One good example being that the cell membrane doesn’t just regulate the entrance to the cell, it also controls what happens within the cell.

Substances contained in vaccines are able to alter or destroy membranes, which influences the mechanisms and duties they perform within the cell. What’s most fascinating about this, if you take a deeper look at cellular function and consider everything within the cell as merely a factory with workers, is each cell needs commands in order to know what to do. Everything is on standby until a command is given.

If you asked yourself where these commands are coming from, the answer surely must be: from outside the cell. If that’s the case, then ask yourself: what’s the most important aspect of this whole process?

Could it possibly be the membrane? The membrane decides what messages to allow in and which ones to block. Those it allows in carry the commands for the cellular components to perform. Those (messages) it blocks are commands the cellular components won’t perform. When the membrane malfunctions, the components can’t perform properly. This goes for the production of DNA as well because DNA production is also a cellular function.

Keeping all that in mind, this book illustrates the magic of our body’s ability to regulate itself and how outside influences can affect us. We are reminded we must take good care of these cellular mechanisms and keep our cellular membranes intact. We need them in order to maintain and control proper cellular functions, which in turn is what keeps us healthy.

Therefore, to fully understand the impact vaccines have on our bodies requires a much broader investigation than even most of my scientific colleagues would assume necessary.

Although this book is essentially about vaccine ingredients and their effects, what’s great is all the information shared also provides an insight into how our environment in general can alter us. It’s skilfully constructed to cater equally for those who are strong believers in mainstream science and those who are focused more on rogue scientists. Since the facts are presented in their purest form, people of all beliefs can use the material in this book to further their understanding of this contentious medical subject.

In my opinion, James and Lance Morcan have pulled off an almost impossible task. To wrangle with the vast amounts of medical data and not only make sense of it, but satisfactorily explain it all to the layman while providing sufficient sources and references to satisfy readers with medical degrees, is a major intellectual achievement.

I strongly urge anybody, regardless of academic standing or lack thereof, to read this book and familiarize themselves with the concepts presented in it. Vaccine Science Revisited: Are Childhood Immunizations As Safe As Claimed? will be with me as a constant reference guide and a reminder that I, too, have control over what happens to my cells.

Elísabet Norris (Medical Laboratory Scientist, B.S.)

VACCINE SCIENCE REVISITED Are Childhood Immunizations As Safe As Claimed? by James Morcan

message 3: by James, Group Founder (last edited Nov 20, 2019 04:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 10562 comments Here are a selection of Amazon reviews for Vaccine Science Revisited: Are Childhood Immunizations As Safe As Claimed?:

Easily the most comprehensive work I have read on the subject of vaccine safety
Format: Kindle Edition
Verified Purchase
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-re...

Easily the most comprehensive work I have read on the subject of vaccine safety- this book is truly a masterpiece! Comprised of exhaustive research and objective science, the authors approach this highly controversial topic by laying all emotion aside and taking an unbiased and critical look at what published research has to say on the issues surrounding vaccines, their ingredients, safety, and efficacy, as well as their potential role in health issues such as autoimmune diseases and ASD. Throughout the book the authors do a brilliant job of breaking down complex biology into something that the average reader will easily be able to understand in a meaningful way. They also address the challenge of bias within research, and why so many papers tend to contradict one another, as well as consider the potential multi-generational effects of vaccination in light of the burgeoning science of epigenetics.

With more than 100 bills currently filed in 30 states proposing to expand, restrict or eliminate vaccine informed consent rights in the USA today, there has perhaps never been a more important time in history for individuals to educate themselves on the science of vaccines. Whether you are pro-vaccine, anti-vaccine, or somewhere in between, this book offers a wealth of information which will leave you better equipped to make an informed decision regarding vaccination. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

Thought-provoking and very readable.
Verified Purchase

Before everyone gets excited and jumps up and down, I’m going to say right now that I fall fully in the vaccination camp: I consider vaccinations are a public service necessary to protect the very young, the elderly, and all immune-compromised people in our communities. I have had my kids vaccinated for a range of illnesses (and for all the countries we relocated to), we all get an annual flu shot, and we make sure we’re vaccinated when travelling to places where we might be at risk or could put others around us at risk. I have a child on the autism spectrum and, yes, I’m aware of the erroneous and misleading research that inspired unfounded guilt in thousands of parents of autistic children and went on to spawn the anti-vax movement. But as a direct descendant of Edward Jenner, a former scientist, and someone who is allergic to certain tableting agents used in a variety of vaccines and pill preparations, I’m still open to further investigation of whether the vaccines we systematically offer families (HepA, Polio, MMR, Rotavirus, Varicella, HepB, DTaP, Pneumoccocal, Meningococcal and Hib) might be improved, or the timing of when those vaccines are administered changed, and what may be the long-term generational consequences of systematic vaccinations. Just because I believe that vaccination is the safest way to protect all of us currently, doesn’t mean there aren’t still things to learn and the release of this book is timely. Written in a conversational layman’s style, it highlights some of the dangers which our common vaccines (and their tableting / binding agents) present to certain demographic groups in particular, and the shortcomings, in the authors’ view, of some vaccination research. I suspect the authors’ intent in writing this work wasn’t to come down on one side or the other, or even to incite a riot, but rather to look for opportunities to open a discussion around the outcomes and consequences of vaccination that might have been overlooked in all the controversy. It’s certainly an interesting text and while reading it I occasionally found myself side-tracked, dipping into a number of the cited works (there are 740 references with hyperlinks to the original papers) to learn more, so in that respect, Morcan & Morcan have succeeded in creating an engaging and thought-provoking volume.

Vaccine safety and efficacy based on history and scientific papers
October 10, 2019
Verified Purchase

The efficacy and safety of vaccines is a passionate topic at this time in the real world. I say “in the real world” because among flesh-and-blood people looking out for their kids, enough doubt has leaked through to prompt concern about autism and other maladies being caused by childhood vaccinations. In the unreal world of the mainstream media, vaccinations are safe miracles of science, and anyone who disagrees is an ignorant lout. Stepping into the breech is Vaccine Science Revisited: Are Childhood Immunizations As Safe As Claimed? by James and Lance Morcan. This work of extensive research into the antecedents and current status of childhood vaccinations pulls from history and tons of peer-reviewed scientific papers to “revisit those origins, leaving the science to do the talking.”

A HISTORY OF VACCINES SUPPORTED BY MANY ENDNOTES

James and Lance Morcan are a father-and-son team of New Zealand writers who put decades of research into finding the truth about the safety of vaccinations, especially with regards to childhood immunization programs.

The Morcans begin Part One of Vaccine Science Revisited with a history of the evolution of immunization over the previous two centuries. They relate the case of a smallpox victim in 1833 from the notes of Surgeon Henry George. This case notes the gruesomeness of the disease in its worst form and we see why it was so feared. They note the long history of treating smallpox by means of variolation, or exposing a person to a smallpox material taken from a smallpox sufferer in order to promote immunity. From there they describe the work of Edward Jenner, who injected the cowpox virus to immunize a person against smallpox. Jenner had his proponents and detractors in this practice, but it led to the vaccine era.

From here, the authors describe the basic procedure for creating vaccines and we learn about the four main types produced. Additions to vaccines, intentional and not, are discussed. The kicker is that the substances and organisms, called adjuvants, included in a vaccine and meant to prompt the body’s immune response (or to deactivate an active virus), are often some fairly bad stuff. This includes substances such as mercury (though, not so much now), aluminum, and formaldehyde. This takes us into the effects of injected vaccines. For instance, we learn that vaccines effective against a particular strain of virus can actually allow the propagation of other strains.

Part Two discusses the most common vaccines in use, their adjuvants, and the associations noted between them and some specific effects (like autism, Alzheimer’s Disease, polio, etc.). The book concludes with references to some disturbing implications, such as the use of epigenetics to advance transhumanism (”…attempting to use science and technology to evolve the human race beyond its current physical limitations or weaknesses…).

The last third of the book begins with a chart of eleven vaccines giving their types, viruses targeted, manufacturer, etc. This is followed by extensive end-notes allowing readers to recreate the authors’ paper trail of sources.

DATA (AND TESTING) GO WANTING

A big theme in the book is the inadequacy of data on the efficacy of vaccines and on after-vaccination complications. This lack is much lamented by the authors. They say:

Throughout our epic dive into the world of research papers, we realized that when it came to researching vaccines and their ingredients, many of them do not have adequate research data available. (location 236 in the Kindle edition)

and

During vaccine safety testing, the observational period often doesn’t last long enough to record delayed reactions. Yet, those are the studies on which vaccine safety is based. (location 1712)

The reasons for this lack of data and testing drive the rants of many “anti-vaxers.” The sources presented here reveal those reasons and may drive your own rants (or, more hopefully, help you make informed decisions regarding vaccines).

ACCESSIBLE SOURCES

I am impressed with the non-biased nature of this book and its reliance on scientific papers written by medical professionals as sources. This comes across in the text, which is not sensationalized, although the implications of the data presented are quite sensational (in my opinion). That balanced ambition of the book is what made me finally read it. I have been “on the fence” regarding the vaccine issue and wanted some good information upon which to base a judgement.

Vaccine Science Revisited is an interesting read, especially the historical parts. The prose does get dry at points, mostly when it delves deep into the science. That is probably unavoidable due to the book’s subject matter. Readers will need to hang with it and be willing to look up some terms. Even so, I think the authors did a good job, overall, at keeping the text to an accessible level for the nonclinical reader.

The last third of the book consists of end-notes arranged by the book’s chapters. About half of these contain website links, making it possible to recreate much of the authors’ research from your computer. That would be a lengthy exercise, but I recommend that the serious student of vaccines undertake it to some extent. The notes range from an 1896 “Case Against Vaccination Verbatim Report of AN ADDRESS By WALTER HADWEN” to a World Health Organization e-learning course on Vaccine Safety Basics. Following this research is the surest way you can “let the science do the talking.”

REASONABLE DOUBTS

Vaccine Science Revisited is not a diatribe against vaccines, but the facts from the scientific sources listed in the Endnotes would lend credence to one. The big takeaway for me is that there is a scientific legitimacy to the idea of invoking immunization by careful exposure to virus materials. From the earliest history of vaccinations, however, using vaccines for the public good has been corrupted by greed (healthcare for profit) and political agendas. This has led to the present vaccine controversy and the need for a book like this.

I highly recommend this book as an education on the reality of the risks taken in vaccinating children. The risks are everyone’s, of course, since the same safety and efficacy doubts apply to annual flu shots as to the MMR vaccine. Doubts are all the ruling powers will allow us. They won’t allow facts to jeopardize their billion dollar industry. Reasonable doubt, however, can hang a man. Vaccine Science Revisited points to enough evidence, I think, to raise doubt in reasonable people about childhood vaccines.

With Knowledge comes Safety

This book is clearly scientifically led, thought provoking and clearly revealed as factual information. I have spoken with several people as to their opinion after reading this and all are thoroughly satisfied and impressed. The reader is provided evidence based, indepth knowledge, resulting in the ability to confidently make an educated decision to vaccinate or not.

Vaccine Science Revisited Are Childhood Immunizations As Safe As Claimed? (The Underground Knowledge Series, #8) by James Morcan

message 4: by Per (new)

Per Colliander Simonsson (biggieo) you gotta be kidding me

message 5: by Lance, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 2583 comments Per wrote: "you gotta be kidding me"

Pardon me?

message 6: by Lance, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 2583 comments Another 5 star review from a book critic today for Vaccine Science Revisited: Are Childhood Immunizations As Safe As Claimed? https://felcherman.wordpress.com/2020...

Vaccine Science Revisited Are Childhood Immunizations As Safe As Claimed? (The Underground Knowledge Series, #8) by James Morcan

This has to be one of the biggest undertakings I have ever found in a book. To trawl through decades of information, journals, books and company literature, a huge amount of that information has been very well buried in some instances, is very impressive. To then produce this book and present the results in a way that the layman can understand all the medical jargon is down right phenomenal. I am so impressed that the Morcans have managed to achieve this, the subject is so full of rabbit holes that they could easily have fallen down one and ending up losing the reader. It is also tough for the writers to stay impartial even against overwhelming evidence of poor experiments and corruption.

I’m not going to go into many details as you should read this yourself, the flow of the book educates you as it explores each illness. What has shocked me the most is that nobody has done any thorough testing on the side effects, anything that has been done is either paid for by the makers of the vaccine…surprise surprise they say it is perfect…or by somebody against vaccines….surprise surprise they come out with opposite conclusions. Those who haven’t been biased one way or the other end up cocking up the experiment by either not handling control groups properly, not retesting or corrupting the test somehow. One group for some ridiculous reason only tested for side effects for a few days after it was given, I did science experiments at school that lasted longer than that. Also raised in this book is the issue of giving lots of different vaccines at once, nobody seems to have checked it that is safe. The whole system is in a bad way, it truly needs somebody unbiased to step up and do some serious testing. Doctors are being told that they have to meet certain targets on vaccinated kids, I wonder if they really know what they are injecting?

The book raises some good points too, instead of spending billions on vaccinating third world countries, could they not spend those billions on infrastructure instead? Sorting out sewage system and clean water supplies would fix a huge source of germs.

Before starting this book I was one of the foolish people who had faith in my doctors, it was general knowledge that it would be best to get your kids their vaccinations and at the time when it was recommended…My parents did it and I turned out to be an incredible person. I had seen people protesting on TV and the media making out they were just religious nut jobs. This book has really opened my eyes about what a half-assed job those in charge of our health and wellbeing have done. Too be honest with you I probably still end up getting some of the vaccinations, I’ve seen somebody with mumps before and it’s horrible, the book has taught me to ask to see the ingredients of the vaccine so that I can get the option to spread out the vaccinations.

Here is one of the best paragraphs in the book (it was in the chapter on MMR:

“When you take three live viruses and inject them into a child in a way human evolution has never seen before, the game changes and all bets are off. The outcome is simply unknown.”

Anybody planning or expecting children have to read this book, give yourself the power to make the decision on how to vaccinate your kids.

Vaccine Science Revisited: Are Childhood Immunizations As Safe As Claimed? https://felcherman.wordpress.com/2020...

message 7: by Brian (new)

Brian Charboneau | 1 comments This was very insightful and I appreciate hearing from your first-hand experience with the subject. Vaccines remain a controversial issue in our society. I just wish more people didn't just restate opinions on the matter and follow the science when making claims. I appreciate your perspective.

message 8: by Lance, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 2583 comments VACCINE SCIENCE REVISITED now available as a paperback.

Our critically-acclaimed book Vaccine Science Revisited: Are Childhood Immunizations As Safe As Claimed? was published as a paperback today. Exclusive to Amazon, it is now available as a paperback and Kindle ebook:

An unbiased, neutral, fact-based investigation that simply allows the science to do the talking on childhood vaccinations, this exhaustively-researched book is possibly the most well-referenced work yet to explore this contentious healthcare subject. It avoids all rumor, conjecture and anecdotal evidence, and steadfastly focuses on what the latest medical studies actually reveal about vaccines listed on the immunization schedule.

To read more, or to see what the critics are saying about VACCINE SCIENCE REVISITED, go to: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0473521598/