You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

The House at Riverton
This topic is about The House at Riverton
Book Resources & Recommendations > The House at Riverton- can someone who has read it help me clear something up?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

~Annaki~ (Annaki) | 81 comments I am at the beginning of the book and think I must have misunderstood something- I am at the part where Grace has just met the three children, Hannah, Emmeline and David for the first time and afterwards she is asking Nancy about the children and whether they will be joining the play and Nancy answers (view spoiler) So: am I supposed to be confused and believe they are (view spoiler) at this point and the answer will come as I read on, or have I misunderstood something completely?

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Janice (JaMaSc) | 33250 comments I read the book back in 2015 and not much has stayed with me. Grace tells the story of (view spoiler) Perhaps you were caught by a switch in time. Morton does tend to pop back and forwards in the timelines of her stories. Grace is an old woman retelling this story, isn't she?

message 3: by Lisa (last edited Jan 18, 2019 08:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa (Lisathebooklover) | 8924 comments I also read this a few years ago and I'm limited as to how much of it I remember but from what I do remember, (view spoiler). Kate Morton is pretty good at explaining things.

Lisa (Lisathebooklover) | 8924 comments Janice, yes, Grace is an old woman looking back on her time at Riverton.

Sandra (Sanlema) | 6724 comments I read this one but I can remember anything. Your comments and spoilers don't even ring a bell! I must be getting old...

~Annaki~ (Annaki) | 81 comments I'll read on then and wait for an explanation :)

Cherie (crobins0) | 14762 comments Lisa - didn't we do a buddy read for this? Maybe Annaki can find the thread. I honestly cannot remember the exact event either. I borrowed the book from the library, so I do not have anything on hand to reference.

Cherie (crobins0) | 14762 comments Here is the buddy read thread.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Janice, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Janice (JaMaSc) | 33250 comments See, I didn't even remember that we had done it as a buddy read.

Renee (ElenaRenee) | 680 comments I read this also. I enjoyed I. I actually gave it 5 stars. But I don't remember a lot. I remember the story had twists and turns I may go back and change my rating. I feel a five star book should be emeroable.

Sandra (Sanlema) | 6724 comments Janice wrote: "See, I didn't even remember that we had done it as a buddy read."

Me neither!

~Annaki~ (Annaki) | 81 comments Thanks guys!

message 13: by Lisa (last edited Jan 19, 2019 01:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa (Lisathebooklover) | 8924 comments Janice wrote: "See, I didn't even remember that we had done it as a buddy read."

Cherie wrote: "Lisa - didn't we do a buddy read for this? Maybe Annaki can find the thread. I honestly cannot remember the exact event either. I borrowed the book from the library, so I do not have anything on ha..."

I forgot about the buddy read!

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa (Lisathebooklover) | 8924 comments Gosh, we did the buddy read nearly 4 years ago! How time flies!

~Annaki~ (Annaki) | 81 comments I got the answer :)

message 16: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa (Lisathebooklover) | 8924 comments ~Annaki~ wrote: "I got the answer :)"

I thought you would 😉