The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Kang | 3 comments Hey, you. My name is Michelle, and I'm a huge fan of LORI and Literature. I can't believe that i couldn't find this website before. Lori, she is still my role-model whom i ALWAYS admire. I love her especially when she is reading books. Maybe, i'm one of the girls who want to be like her who loves literature! I CAN'T wait to share some ideas with all you guys. I REALLY want to meet all of you from different worlds and perspectives.

message 2: by DJ (new)

DJ  (djdivaofjava) Hi Michelle DJ here,I think you mean to say Rory when your`e talking about the reading side of things?And yes I always have been a Rory girl.I take books everywhere with me even to the extent that I had one in the little bag I carried on my Wedding Day!!Look forward to hearing your views.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Kang | 3 comments Hello DJ. Nice meeting you and WOW you're a real Rory girl. You carried a book on your wedding day ?! What's your book on your Big day? I'm so curious what kind of book you read on that day... Maybe, someday, I could carry some sort of special book on 'my special day'..

message 4: by DJ (new)

DJ  (djdivaofjava) Hi Michelle DJ here.Ok Ok,the truth is I carried 2 books on my Wedding Day!The 1st one was a gift from my husband to be and it`s called "Brides"it`s tiny about 4cm x 5cm and it`s so lovely filled with traditions and history,not to mention tiny beautiful paintings.So he had given me this to show he understood my love of books so it automatically went in the bag.But I had a secret fom everyone unbeknownst to anyone else I was also carrying my special copy of Jane Austen`s "Emma"which my mum had given me when I was about 9 or 10,its bound in a beautiful shade of blue leather(and hey is`nt a "Bride"supposed to wear something blue?I only bent the rules a little)I know a lot of people arent` as keen on"Emma"but she was my first Austen and by the time my wedding day rolled around I was an only child with a widowed father.Also I wanted something special to remind me of mum as I got married on what would have been her birthday.Here`s the ISBN for the little "Brides"book in case you have any book loving friends who might get married ISBN 0-8362-0976-1.No-one who truly loves books has gotten married for me to give a copy too!!Hopefully the info might be of use to you.

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara DJ wrote: "Hi Michelle DJ here.Ok Ok,the truth is I carried 2 books on my Wedding Day!The 1st one was a gift from my husband to be and it`s called "Brides"it`s tiny about 4cm x 5cm and it`s so lovely filled w..."
DJ< What a beautiful and unique way to remember and include your mother on your wedding day! I'm so impressed. The Brides book sounds lovely too -- would be a sweet and clever gift for any book-loving bride, even if she doesn't carry it with her. Thanks for sharing!

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 361 comments That is so sweet, DJ! Thank you for sharing. I will watch for that "Brides" book. I got married last year, but I suppose I am still newlywed enough myself that I could even get it for myself! ;-p

message 7: by DJ (new)

DJ  (djdivaofjava) Hi Kathryn,got an idea for you.Why don't you get you husband to get you it for your 1st Wedding Anniversary-its paper after all.(ok,I know modern is tin but paper is the traditional gift).If you don't mind me asking what date is your Anniversary I'm the 28th October.Maybe we could form a group where we all give our book loving Bride friends a good luck Book and compare what we give?I've got 3 weddings next year but would say that only one is a bit of a Rory Girl!!
Look forward to input,DJ.

message 8: by DJ (new)

DJ  (djdivaofjava) Michelle wrote: "Hello DJ. Nice meeting you and WOW you're a real Rory girl. You carried a book on your wedding day ?! What's your book on your Big day? I'm so curious what kind of book you read on that day... Mayb..."
Hi Michelle just noticed your new Daisy pic.Good choice I adore Daisies.A little piece of summer.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Kang | 3 comments DJ wrote: "A little piece of summer..."
I totally agree with you! I just can't believe it's already autumn.I miss summer..Anyway, i'm glad you like Daisy picture.:)

message 10: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 361 comments DJ wrote: "Hi Kathryn,got an idea for you.Why don't you get you husband to get you it for your 1st Wedding Anniversary-its paper after all.(ok,I know modern is tin but paper is the traditional gift).If you do..."

What a sweet idea! Actually, my anniversary is in June so it's already too late for that. But, I will be sure to keep the book in mind for the future.

message 11: by DJ (new)

DJ  (djdivaofjava) Hey I`ve just found out I`ve got another wedding to go to!!Anybody given any more thought to the "Bride Book Group"?