What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > Children's picture book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bethany (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:45AM) (new)

Bethany (bethlikesbooks) | 6 comments OK, since you did such a FABULOUS job on my last post, here's one more:

--a children's picture book about 2 (?) kids and their father painting their house. The title is something like "Wait until mom gets home" or "Wait til mom sees this", something along those lines. They paint the house all crazy colors.

My dad and I used to take this out at the library in the early-to-mid 80s.

Thanks a bunch!

message 2: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:46AM) (new)

Tara (snowytara) | 24 comments I'm not sure if this is your book or not, but you might want to check out "Oh, Were They Ever Happy!" by Peter Spier. Three kids overhear their parents talking about painting the house, so the kids paint the house crazy colors. I think it was published around '78. At the very least, it sounds pretty cute, and I'm going to find it for my nieces! (Thanks for the great gift idea!)

message 3: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:47AM) (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 30 comments I LOVE this book! I'm pretty sure it's "Oh Were They Ever Happy" as well, but can't find a picture of the cover to confirm it.

message 4: by Bethany (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:47AM) (new)

Bethany (bethlikesbooks) | 6 comments Hmmm...I could've sworn it was called something different. Of course this was 20 years ago, haha.

I'll check this out! Thanks a bunch!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 35829 comments Mod
Oh, Were They Ever Happy! for the link. Bethany, was that your book?