Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - General > Jan 2019 - Newly Relased Mysteries

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Icewineanne, Moderator (last edited Jan 08, 2019 08:13PM) (new)

Icewineanne | 674 comments Mod
New year, great new mysteries!
Here are a few that are being released this month, ones that I think you’ll enjoy 😊

An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks
From the authors of The Wife Between Us

The Paragon Hotel by Lyndsay Faye The Paragon Hotel by Lyndsay Faye
Her first book The Gods of Gotham was a terrific historical mystery. This is a stand-alone, another historical mystery.

The Woman in the Water (Charles Lenox Mysteries, prequel) by Charles Finch The Woman in the Water by Charles Finch
Although released in hardcover last year, it’s being published in paperback this month. It’s the prequel to the Charles Lenox series.

Scrublands by Chris Hammer Scrublands by Chris Hammer
A thriller from a new Australian author that has received excellent reviews

The Au Pair by Emma Rous The Au Pair by Emma Rous
Gothic infused mystery

The Flimflam Affair (A Carpenter and Quincannon Mystery #7) by Bill Pronzini The Flimflam Affair by Bill Pronzini
Charming historical mystery

The New Iberia Blues (Dave Robicheaux #22) by James Lee Burke The New Iberia Blues by James Lee Burke
#22 in the series

Lots to choose from. Happy Reading!!
📚 📚 📚 📚

message 2: by Aditya (new)

Aditya | 1877 comments Really look forward to the new Robicheaux even though I have a few more to finish before I am up to date with it. I will also like to add A Time to Scatter Stones: A Matthew Scudder Novella by Lawrence Block to your list, a new Scudder book after almost a decade.

message 3: by Icewineanne, Moderator (last edited Jan 09, 2019 02:16PM) (new)

Icewineanne | 674 comments Mod
Aditya wrote: "Really look forward to the new Robicheaux even though I have a few more to finish before I am up to date with it. I will also like to add [book:A Time to Scatter Stones: A Matthew Scudder Novella|4..."

Thanks for adding to the list Aditya!

There are so many new books being released in January. Over 80 mysteries in the US alone, and more than 50 in the UK. It’s very difficult to pick just a few.
But if you think this is a lot of new books, just wait until next month. Publishers are planning to release double the above numbers 😱

Wish I could get to them all!