Clamp discussion

Clover > Reviews

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) | 400 comments Mod
ha, so I didn't even know this was by Clamp. Some fan I am. haha.

message 2: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

Starbubbles | 649 comments Mod
haha! it's really good! i think you'll like it. it's four books, but they have been out of print for a couple of years. it was re-released in one big book, i think for clamps 20th anniversary. it has a futuristic feel to it with the normal clamp sad overtones, but done really really well. the books are chronologically out of order. with the way that the series ended, it has the feeling of being incomplete. you meet all four levels of clovers, and are surprised sometimes by who is actually a clover. the artwork is very detailed, but is presented in a way where it is still minimal. there is even minimal conversation. i really enjoyed this series/book.

message 3: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

that's why i originally put it back down. i thought it wouldn't be a complete story being so minimal. but, i think it's done so well that if it were done like a normal manga, it would have ruined the overall feel of the story.

message 4: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) | 400 comments Mod
I love their style! others usually have messy, hard to follow, or crowded styles.

message 5: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i don't think that's a bad thing. mermaid melody is the same way. technically all of them are in middle school, but they're having at the very earliest high school type relationships.

but i esp love how simplistic clover is. they add so much detail in such a tiny space. adds a whole different depth to it

message 6: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i know! and the fact that there isn't many words too. really makes you think about what is being said

message 7: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

very true. it actually takes a while to really look and assess all of the pictures in just about any manga. but if you just glance at the pictures and read the story, you can miss so much. in a way that's what makes anime so nice. you can't misinterpret how an action played out or what sort of tone statements were made with.

message 8: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i'm the same way. i do own a sizable anime collection though. but i really don't watch too much anime if i don't own it. so i guess it works out

message 9: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

so true! i have to buy entire seasons to get a descent deal on them, and then it's a fairly big gamble. do i want to spend 35 bucks on something that i know was popular, but is uncertain if i would enjoy? often i answer that question with a "no" and end up not purchasing anything

message 10: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i have my own funds, but i don't think i fully understand the "value of the dollar." lol! i'm terrible at budgets

message 11: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

lol! soo true!

message 12: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i keep thinking that things will be okay if i learn the basics. but it only leads me to learning that i don't really understand the basics