The Modern Library 100 Best Novels Challenge discussion

Member Progress > Jenn's 100 Novel Challenge or "My desperate hope to read 99 books that are better than Dune"

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn So far I have completed The Bridge of San Luis Rey, and am still--yes still--stuck somewhere in the first 50 pages of Dune. I'm on a waiting list for the audiobook of Winesburg, Ohio.

I'm going to count up the ones I've already read, and post a list. It should be quite a few, considering that really expensive English Degree that I have.

message 2: by LynnB (new)

LynnB Love the title you put on here! I hope you're right, too. LOL

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Love the title. I could second it. Or mine could be "Stephanie's ML Book Challenge with 99 Books that are Better than Dune and 99 Books That Won't Require 10 Papers for her English Lit Degree a'la The House of Mirth"

It's a little lengthy.

message 4: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Received Winesburg Ohio on audiodisc from the library and will probably start with tomorrow's commute Ended up with the DVD movie of Shane from the library, but will wait for the book to arrive before watching it.

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Gave up on Winesburg (just hate it way too much) but just started Shane, which I'm really enjoying so far.

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Are you going to rename your list? 98 Books That are Better Than Dune and Winesburg, Ohio?

message 7: by Jenn (new)

Jenn I should do that, Steph! I have high hopes for Shane and the Oct. selections, so hopefully I won't have to go down any further!

message 8: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Loving Something Wicked This Way Comes on audio.

message 9: by Jenn (new)

Jenn I finished Something Wicked on audio on my drive into work this morning. I have to say it didn't hold my attention all the way through like it did in the beginning.