Pride and Prejudice Pride and Prejudice discussion

Favorite Pride and Prejudice Adaptations?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alyssa Just wondering if others have read any P&P variations/adaptations that they've particularly enjoyed :) I'd have to say a favorite of mine was The Other Mr. Darcy. I found it to be quite refreshing and definitely not like the standard adaptations out there. Thoughts?

Abby I would have to say the BBC adaptation, because its super close to the book and the acting was well done, but also the Lizzy Bennett Diaries because it takes a good modern turn to the story and the Actors were AMAZING and portrayed their characters really well.

Kaitlyn I loved Prom and Prejudice because it really brought the magic of romance from Pride and Prejudice into a more modern day and younger version. I'll read this book whenever I just need a good easy read with the thrill of romance involved Prom & Prejudice

message 4: by Fweasely (last edited Jan 27, 2019 02:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fweasely Alyssa wrote: "Just wondering if others have read any P&P variations/adaptations that they've particularly enjoyed :) I'd have to say a favorite of mine was The Other Mr. Darcy. I found it to be quite refreshing ..."
The BBC Pride and Prejudice is by far the best adaptation. It follows the book very well and the emotions throughout the movie are very genuine. The 2005 movie is my friends favorite but, it's too short and does not sum the book well enough. If you need another reason to see the BBC adaptation well let me say two words... Colin Firth!!! Tell me what you think of it!!

Fweasely Abby wrote: "I would have to say the BBC adaptation, because its super close to the book and the acting was well done, but also the Lizzy Bennett Diaries because it takes a good modern turn to the story and the..."

Thank you!!!Most of my friends think this version is too old or too long but, I just love it;)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Just wondering if others have read any P&P variations/adaptations that they've particularly enjoyed :) I'd have to say a favorite of mine was The Other Mr. Darcy. I found it to be quite refreshing ..."
the very best Pride & Prejudice books {spinoffs, sequels, and retellings ...
https://www.itsalwaysautumn.com/best-...

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I just finished reading Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld...fabulous modern re-telling of P&P. Hilarious, spot on and endearing!

High fifteen Fweasely wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Just wondering if others have read any P&P variations/adaptations that they've particularly enjoyed :) I'd have to say a favorite of mine was The Other Mr. Darcy. I found it to be qu..."
Heh, for me the 1995 mini series (starring Colin Firth) and the 2005 film are my two overall favorites out of the different ones I have seen.
Does anyone remember what P&P adaption ends with Mr.Bennet saying something like,"That was great fun, send in the men for the last two!"

message 9: by High fifteen (last edited Feb 05, 2019 11:48AM) (new) - added it

High fifteen 1. Lost In Austen My family and I find this series utterly hilarious everytime we watch reruns of it on TV. A chunk of the humour (or the humor behind the already humorous scene) will be lost on people that watch this without truly knowing P&P. I highly recommend not watching any previews beforehand so as to let yourself watch the series without knowing how things turn out different.
2. Pride and Prejudice Chronicles by Anna Elliot Pffft, what the author did with Lady Catherine De Burg (?).
3. Darcy's Storyby Janet Aylmer While not my most favorite, it was my first of its kind; plus, I adore how Darcy has to resort to talking to his dog about his secrets.
4. Mr.Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange Ms.Amanda writes Darcy with buckets of dry and sarcastic humor.
4. Bride and Prejudice I have only ever saw snippet clips, but I really wanna watch this.
Has anyone ever watched or read P&P and Zombies? I kept seeing it in book stores when I was younger.

Fweasely High fifteen wrote, "Heh, for me the 1995 mini-series (starring Colin Firth) and the 2005 film are my two overall favorites out of the different ones I have seen."
I love the miniseries with Colin Firth but, I don't like the 2005 version. I feel that it is lacking something. I remember that quote as well but, I'm not sure which adaptation it's from...

message 11: by High fifteen (new) - added it

High fifteen Fweasely wrote: "High fifteen wrote, "Heh, for me the 1995 mini-series (starring Colin Firth) and the 2005 film are my two overall favorites out of the different ones I have seen."
I love the miniseries with Colin ..."

I know what you mean; I have experiences like that (with certain book to film adaptions) too.

Sarah Hines Has anyone ever watched or read P&P and Zombies? I kept seeing it in book stores when I was younger.

I have read and watched it! I honestly loved the book because it tried to honor the original writing style (while being modernized/lowering the reading level a bit)
Movie wasn't really much like the book but cute in its own right.

message 13: by Phil (new) - rated it 5 stars

Phil High fifteen wrote: "Fweasely wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Just wondering if others have read any P&P variations/adaptations that they've particularly enjoyed :) I'd have to say a favorite of mine was The Other Mr. Darcy. I ..."

The one with Elizabeth Garvie and David Rintoul as Eliza and Darcy finishes with Mr Bennett in the library saying something to Mrs Bennett along the lines of "If any young men come for Kitty or Mary, send them in for I am quite at leisure." I don't know if that is the one you are thinking of? It's my joint favourite along with the Ehle/Firth version.

Fweasely Phil wrote: "High fifteen wrote: "Fweasely wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Just wondering if others have read any P&P variations/adaptations that they've particularly enjoyed :) I'd have to say a favorite of mine was Th..."
Yep those are my favorites too!!

Sumayya Ali A few months ago I read at least Ayesha. I loved it. It's not been long time since I've read it. I still remember it.

message 16: by J.B. (new) - added it

J.B. Curry Longbourn by Jo Baker was an interesting take on P&P, told from the servants' point of view.

Aubrey I loved the movie with Colin Firth.

Fweasely I totally agree with you Aubrey! Its my favorite P and P adaptation.