Aussie Readers discussion

Annual Challenges > 2019 Annual Extra - A-Z Titles

Comments Showing 51-100 of 372 (372 new)    post a comment »

message 51: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 60553 comments Mod
Thank you Irene :) I remember when I was new and someone helped me...

message 52: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 5725 comments Brenda wrote: "All linked to here :) Jane and Carolyn - this is the last!"

As Jane said they're hard to resist! Thanks Mods for all the time and effort you put into getting these together for us 🏆💕

message 54: by Rachael (last edited Aug 14, 2019 11:11PM) (new)

Rachael | 77 comments I am in again this year please. Didn't do so well in 2018 - only managed 16 (and will still finish 1 more ) so will complete some of the other 10 (hopefully) in this year's challenge... More to come

19/26

A - A Gentleman in Moscow ★★★★
B - Bring Me Back ★★★1/2
C - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time★★★★★
D - That Devil's Madness
E - Everything I Never Told You
F - Flight Behaviour ★★★★
G - Gone by Midnight AA ★★★★
H - Hush Hush 1/2 AA ★★
I - The Inaugural Meeting of the Fairvale Ladies Book Club AA ★★
J - Straight Jacket
K - Kokoda AA
L - The Lost Man AA ★★★★
M- Manhattan Beach ★★
N - Nine Perfect Strangers AA★★★★
O - The Other Wife AA ★★★★
P - The Pearl Thief AA ★★★★
Q - The Long Quiche Goodbye
R - The Rosie Result AA ★★★★★
S - The Single Ladies of Jacaranda Retirement Village AA ★★★★
T - The Huntress - ★★★★ +1/2
U - The Universe Versus Alex Woods
V - Vox - ★★★★ +1/2
W - Where the Crawdads Sing★★★★
X - Next
Y - Lanny ★★★★★
Z - The Tattooist of Auschwitz AA - ★★★★

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon That Devil's Madness by Dominique Wilson Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng Flight Behaviour by Barbara Kingsolver Gone by Midnight by Candice Fox Hush Hush (Detective Harriet Blue, #4) by James Patterson The Inaugural Meeting of the Fairvale Ladies Book Club by Sophie Green Straight Jacket by Adrian Deans Kokoda by Peter FitzSimons The Lost Man by Jane Harper Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty The Other Wife (Joseph O'Loughlin, #9) by Michael Robotham The Pearl Thief by Fiona McIntosh The Long Quiche Goodbye (A Cheese Shop Mystery, #1) by Avery Aames The Single Ladies of Jacaranda Retirement Village by Joanna Nell The Rosie Result (Don Tillman, #3) by Graeme Simsion The Huntress by Kate Quinn The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence Vox by Christina Dalcher Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens Lanny by Max Porter Next by Michael Crichton The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris

message 55: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Carolyn wrote: "Brenda wrote: "All linked to here :) Jane and Carolyn - this is the last!"

As Jane said they're hard to resist! Thanks Mods for all the time and effort you put into getting these together for us 🏆💕"

You're welcome :) It's fun for us too!

message 56: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Rachael wrote: "I am in again this year please. Didn't do so well in 2018 - only managed 16 (and will still finish 1 more ) so will complete some of the other 10 (hopefully) in this year's challenge... More to com..."

Don't forget your cover pics too Rachael, and to mark your AAs :) Good luck with this year!

message 57: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Alex and Rachael, you're both linked!

message 58: by Cindy (last edited Jul 16, 2019 08:22PM) (new)

Cindy | 26 comments Reading has been on the back burner for a while so this seems like a great way to kickstart it in 2019. I'm in....
Will add the books shortly

1/26
1/4AA

A
B - Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak
C - Corrag by Susan Fletcher
D - The Daughters of Mars by Thomas Keneally....AA
E
F
G
H - The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty....AA
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S - Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta....AA...5*
T
U
V
W -
X
Y
Z
Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak Corrag by Susan Fletcher The Daughters of Mars by Tom Keneally The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta

message 60: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Yay Jackie!! You and Cindy are linked :)

message 61: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 26 comments Brenda wrote: "Yay Jackie!! You and Cindy are linked :)"

Thanks Brenda

message 63: by Mari (last edited Aug 18, 2019 01:37AM) (new)

Mari | 33 comments This should really help me get through my TRBs. Thanks for organising.

21/26
AA 9/10

A. Atticus: A Woman’s Journey with the World’s Worst Behaved Dog by S. Bennett ✅ 20/04/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
B. Burying the Honeysuckle Girls by Emily Carpenter ✅ 11/01/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
C. Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler ✅ 22/02/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
D. The Dressmaker by Rosalie Ham *AA* ✅ 08/03/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
E. Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman ✅ 02/03/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
F. Fit to Die by Ellery Adams ✅ 03/01/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
G. Girt by David Hunt **AA** ✅ 30/03/19 ⭐️⭐️
H. Her Mother's Secret by Natasha Lester **AA** ✅ 05/05/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I. In This Grave Hour by Jacqueline Winspear ✅ 18/01/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
J. Justice Denied by J.A. Jance ✅ 29/01/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
K. The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang ✅ 01/01/19 ⭐️⭐️
L. Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren ✅ 17/07/19 ⭐️⭐️
M. The Midnight Watch: A Novel of the Titanic and the Californian by David Dyer ✅ 19/04/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
N. Nevermoor - The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend *AA* ✅ 28/07/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
O. Obsidio by Amie Kaufman **AA** ✅ 11/07/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
P. Pray for Silence by Linda Castillo ✅ 11/02/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Q. The Unquiet Dead by Ausma Zehanat Khan
R. This Red Earth by Kim Kelly **AA** ✅ 19/07/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
S. Stars Across the Ocean by Kimberley Freeman **AA** ✅ 26/07/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
T. The Trail to Buddha's Mirror by Don Winslow ✅ 18/08/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️💫
U. Us Against You by Fredrik Backman
V. Villa on the Riviera by Elizabeth Edmondson
W. The Wife's Tale by Christine Wells **AA** ✅ 13/03/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
X. Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton
Y. The Year that Changed Everything by Cathy Kelly **AA**
Z. The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris *AA* ✅ 22/01/19 ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Atticus A Woman’s Journey with the World’s Worst Behaved Dog by S. Bennett Burying the Honeysuckle Girls by Emily Carpenter Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler The Dressmaker by Rosalie Ham Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman Fit to Die by Ellery Adams Girt (The Unauthorised History of Australia #1) by David Hunt Her Mother's Secret by Natasha Lester In This Grave Hour (Maisie Dobbs, #13) by Jacqueline Winspear Justice Denied (J.P. Beaumont, #18) by J.A. Jance The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren The Midnight Watch A Novel of the Titanic and the Californian by David Dyer The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #1) by Jessica Townsend Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman Pray for Silence (Kate Burkholder, #2) by Linda Castillo The Unquiet Dead (Rachel Getty & Esa Khattak #1) by Ausma Zehanat Khan This Red Earth by Kim Kelly Stars Across the Ocean by Kimberley Freeman The Trail to Buddha's Mirror (Neal Carey, #2) by Don Winslow Us Against You (Beartown, #2) by Fredrik Backman Villa on the Riviera by Elizabeth Edmondson The Wife's Tale by Christine Wells Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton The Year that Changed Everything by Cathy Kelly The Tattooist of Auschwitz (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #1) by Heather Morris

message 64: by Kylie (last edited Jun 22, 2019 02:04AM) (new)

Kylie (kyliemaree) | 786 comments Ooh, another annual challenge?!?!?! Colour me excited, and I'm in, thank you as always ladies! :)

I am nowhere near decided on this list yet, I'll try to fill as much in as I can before 2019 rolls around. :) As always, these will be subject to change. :)

A-Z Challenge 1st January - 31st December 2019

Progress: 11/26
AA's: 6/4

A: The Art Of Preserving Love by Ada Langton AA.
B: Beyond Fear by Jaye Ford AA. Completed 20/04 - 5 stars.
C: Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. Completed 11/05 - 4 stars.
D: The Distant Hours by Kate Morton AA.
E: Eleanor's Secret by Caroline Beecham. AA.
F: Frantic by Katherine Howell AA. Completed 06/04 - 5 stars.
G: The Greatest Gift by Rachael Johns. Completed 20/06 - 5 stars.
H: A Hopscotch Summer by Annie Murray. Completed 24/02 - 5 stars.
I
J
K: The Kill by Jane Casey Completed 22/01 - 4.5 stars.
L: The Liverpool Matchgirl by Lyn Andrews. Completed 30/03 - 5 stars.
M: Mariana by Susanna Kearsley.
N: Now You See Me by Sharon J. Bolton.
O: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
P: The Passengers by Eleanor Limprecht AA. Completed 15/06 - 4 stars.
Q: Friend Request by Laura Marshall OR The Quiche of Death by M.C. Beaton.
R
S: Shatter by Michael Robotham AA.
T: The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen. Completed 11/05 - 5 stars.
U: An Uncommon Woman by Nicole Alexander. AA. Completed 17/03 - 5 stars.
V: Victoria by Daisy Goodwin.
W: Working Class Man by Jimmy Barnes AA. Completed 19/03 - 4 stars.
X
Y
Z

A: The Art Of Preserving Love by Ada Langton B: Beyond Fear by Jaye Ford C: Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult D: The Distant Hours by Kate Morton E: Eleanor's Secret by Caroline Beecham F: Frantic (Detective Ella Marconi, #1) by Katherine Howell G: The Greatest Gift by Rachael Johns H: A Hopscotch Summer by Annie Murray I: J: K: The Kill by Jane Casey L: The Liverpool Matchgirl by Lyn Andrews M: Mariana by Susanna Kearsley N: Now You See Me (Lacey Flint, #1) by Sharon J. Bolton O: Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon P: The Passengers by Eleanor Limprecht Q: Friend Request by Laura Marshall OR The Quiche of Death (Agatha Raisin, #1) by M.C. Beaton R: S: Shatter (Joseph O'Loughlin, #3) by Michael Robotham T: The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles, #2) by Tess Gerritsen U: An Uncommon Woman by Nicole Alexander V: Victoria by Daisy Goodwin W: Working Class Man by Jimmy Barnes X: Y: Z:

message 65: by Dree (last edited 12 hours, 59 min ago) (new)

Dree (dreebee) | 140 comments Great! I do like these A to Z 's 😉

23/26

✔️ A - The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman ★1/2
✔️ B - Battle Royale] by Koushun Takami ★★★★
✔️ C - Christiane F. - Mein zweites Leben by Christiane F.★★★★1/2
✔️ D - The Dead of Night by John Marsden (AA) ★★★★
✔️ E - The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe - DNF
✔️ E - Edward Adrift by Craig Lancaster ★★★★
✔️ F - Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriaty (AA) ★★★★
G - The Girl in a Swing by Richard Adams
✔️ H - Harold and Maude by Colin Higgins ★★
✔️ I - I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara ★★1/2
✔️ J - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte ★★1/2
✔️ K - A Killing Frost by John Marsden (AA) ★★★★
✔️ L - Little Women by Louisa May Alcott ★★1/2
✔️ M - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins ★★
✔️ N - The Night Is for Hunting by John Marsden (AA) ★★★★
✔️ O - The Other Side of Dawn by John Marsden (AA) ★★★1/2
✔️ P - Pilgrimage: The Book of the People by Zenna Henderson ★★1/2
✔️ Q - Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain ★★★★
✔️ R - Rules of Prey by John Sandford ★★1/2
✔️ S - The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman ★★★
✔️ T - The Thief of Always by Clive Barker ★★★
U - The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence
V - Vicious by VE Schwab
✔️ W - What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriaty (AA) ★★★★
✔️ X - The Nix by Nathan Hill ★★★
✔️ Y - The Yellow House by Emily O'Grady (AA) ★★★★
✔️ Z - Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien ★★★★

The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3) by Philip Pullman Battle Royale by Koushun Takami Christiane F. - Mein zweites Leben by Christiane V. Felscherinow The Dead of Night (Tomorrow, #2) by John Marsden Edward Adrift (Edward, #2) by Craig Lancaster Feeling Sorry for Celia (Ashbury/Brookfield, #1) by Jaclyn Moriarty The Girl in a Swing by Richard Adams Harold and Maude by Colin Higgins I'll Be Gone in the Dark One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë A Killing Frost (Tomorrow, #3) by John Marsden Little Women by Louisa May Alcott Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins The Night Is for Hunting (Tomorrow, #6) by John Marsden The Other Side of Dawn (Tomorrow, #7) by John Marsden Pilgrimage The Book of the People (The People) by Zenna Henderson Quiet The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain Rules of Prey (Lucas Davenport, #1) by John Sandford The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, #2) by Philip Pullman The Thief of Always by Clive Barker The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence Vicious (Villains, #1) by V.E. Schwab What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty The Nix by Nathan Hill The Yellow House by Emily O'Grady Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien

message 66: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Deborah wrote: "Hi Brenda - I am in :)
Are we couting 'The' as the title letter as in would "The secrets" be a 'T' or an 'S'? I ask this every time don't I??
A Ammonite by Nicola Griffith by ..."

Either/or Deborah :) You can use it as a T or an S, whichever suits :)

message 67: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Deborah, Mari, Kylie and Dree - you're all linked :)

message 68: by Jazzy (last edited Jun 02, 2019 02:10AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 544 comments 2019 - A to Z Challenge

Books Read: 21/26
Aussie Authors: 5/4

✅A: Archivist on a Bicycle: Jiří Fiedler - Ruth Ellen Gruber ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅B: The Book of Tea - Kakuzō Okakura ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅C: The Castlemaine Murders - Kerry Greenwood *AA ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅D: Death by Water - Kerry Greenwood *AA ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅E: Esther's Inheritance - Sándor Márai ⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅F: Fathers and Sons - Ivan Turgenev ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅G: A Girl Like Me - Jeannette Eyerly ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅H: The History of Don Quixote, Vol. 2-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅I: I Am a Cat - Sōseki Natsume ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
J:
Jamaica Inn - Daphne du Maurier
✅K: Kokoro: Hints and Echos of Japanese Inner Life - Lafcadio Hearn ⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅L: Les Misérables - Victor Hugo ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅M: The Murder at the Vicarage - Agatha Christie ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
N:
The Narrow Road to the Deep North - Richard Flanagan *AA
O:
On the Road - Jack Kerouac
✅P: Psycho - Robert Bloch ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅Q: Queen of the Flowers - Kerry Greenwood *AA ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅R: A Raisin In The Sun - Lorraine Hansberry ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅S: The Story of a Baby - Ethel Turner *AA ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅T: A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅U: The Unusual Life of Tristan Smith - Peter Carey *AA ⭐⭐⭐
V:
Vinland the Good - Nevil Shute *AA
✅W: Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf - George W.M. Reynolds ⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅X: The History of Don Quixote, Vol. 1 - Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
✅Y: Youth - Leo Tolstoy ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Z:
Doctor Zhivago - Boris Pasternak

Archivist on a Bicycle Jiří Fiedler by Ruth Ellen Gruber The Book of Tea by Kakuzō Okakura The Castlemaine Murders (Phryne Fisher, #13) by Kerry Greenwood Death by Water (Phryne Fisher, #15) by Kerry Greenwood Esther's Inheritance by Sándor Márai Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev A Girl Like Me by Jeannette Eyerly A Happy Death by Albert Camus I Am a Cat by Sōseki Natsume Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier Kokoro Hints and Echos of Japanese Inner Life by Lafcadio Hearn Les Misérables by Victor Hugo The Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) by Agatha Christie The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan On the Road by Jack Kerouac Psycho by Robert Bloch Queen of the Flowers (Phryne Fisher, #14) by Kerry Greenwood A Raisin In The Sun by Lorraine Hansberry The Story of a Baby (Classic Reprint) by Ethel Turner A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens The Unusual Life of Tristan Smith by Peter Carey Vinland the Good by Nevil Shute Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys The History of Don Quixote, Volume 1, Complete by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra The Diaries of Leo Tolstoy Youth, 1847 to 1852 (1917) by Leo Tolstoy Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

message 69: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

You're linked Jazzy :)

message 71: by Trish (new)

Trish (rtrisha) | 166 comments Irene wrote: "Trish wrote: "Irene wrote: "I swear Brenda,this one was just to test our stamina for putting up the list :) :)"

I agree Irene and whilst some fun doing it I seemed to have failed the test -:)"

On..."

Thank you Irene...and yes still learning with Brenda's help...I use my tablet and the app so I am not sure if that makes it all more fiddly. Overall I have still enjoyed the challenges I took part in for my first year.

message 72: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

That's the main thing Trish - that you're enjoying your journey :)

message 73: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Kira wrote: "I did so badly on this challenge in 2018, and still have the list for that which I wanted to complete this year instead of other challenges.

My updated choices for 2019:

A - [book:American Gods|..."

You're linked Kira :)

message 75: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

You're linked Odette :)

message 76: by Trish (new)

Trish (rtrisha) | 166 comments Brenda wrote: "That's the main thing Trish - that you're enjoying your journey :)"

Now, trying to put together my list for 'genre' Challenge..and maybe the 'series'.. though I don't find I read many. See how I go 😊

message 77: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Ideiosepius | 1069 comments Thanks Brenda! My list is coming along nicely, but I want to leave space for more Australian authors

message 79: by Kiera (last edited Mar 19, 2019 06:15PM) (new)

Kiera | 1137 comments I will try to do this A-Z Challenge. I mean, it's only 26 books and this year I read 32 even with everything going on in my writing world. Count me in and I'll see if I can complete it. I'll enter them in as I go along.

Reminder to myself: Include FOUR Aussie authors

4/26
Aussie Authors: 2/4

A
B
C
D
E
F Falling for a Stranger Falling for a Stranger by Shandi Boyes by Shandi Boyes (Aussie author)
G
H
I
J
K
L
M Mister Uno: A Short Story Series Mister Uno A Short Story Series ( Mister, Mister Series #1) by Belle BrooksBelle Brooks (Aussie author)
N
O
P Portal Through Time Portal Through Time (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2, #6) by Alice Henderson by Alice Henderson
Q
R
S
T
U Until You Until You (Happily Ever Alpha World) by Samantha Lind bySamantha Lind
V
W
X
Y
Z

message 80: by Megan (last edited Jun 26, 2019 10:26AM) (new)

Megan | 103 comments Okay, this sounds rather great and would be my first annual challenge (as I joined in the middle of February this year, so I wasn't brave enough to do it then!) A lot of these books are on my TBR, and the books of F, I, Q, R, S were all Christmas presents!

For my own peace of mind, and I have learned there are no such things as stupid questions - dropping 'The' from the title is okay to meet the criteria? And I can use these choices for monthly and seasonal challenges as well as long as they meet those particular criteria? Fingers crossed that my choices are okay - it really got me looking at expanding my Aussie authors. Some picks may have to be changed based on availability :)

Annual Aussie Readers EXTRA
A-Z of Titles - 1/1/19 - 31/12/19

12/26
Aussie authors: 5/7

A - A Month of Sundays by Liz Byrski (AA)
B - The Burning Chambers by Kate Mosse
C - The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton (AA)
D - Doomed Queens by Kris Waldherr
E - Eyewitness Auschwitz: Three Years in the Gas Chambers by Filip Muller
F - From Splendor to Revolution: The Romanov Women, 1847--1928 by Julia P. Gelardi
G - The Greatest Lies In History: Spin, Doublespeak, Buck Passing And Official Cover Ups That Shaped The World by Alexander Canduci (AA)
H - House of Treason: The Rise and Fall of a Tudor Dynasty by Robert Hutchinson
I - In Triumph's Wake: Royal Mothers, Tragic Daughters, and the Price They Paid for Glory by Julia P. Gelardi
J - The Juliet Code by Christine Wells (AA)
K - The Kommandant's Girl by Pam Jenoff
L - The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart by Holly Ringland (AA)
M - Mosaic: A Chronicle of Five Generations by Diane Armstrong (AA)
N - Nocturne by Diane Armstrong (AA)
O - Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield
P - The Poppy Factory by Liz Trenow
Q - Queen Victoria's Matchmaking: The Royal Marriages that Shaped Europe by Deborah Cadbury
R - The Royal Art of Poison: Filthy Palaces, Fatal Cosmetics, Deadly Medicine, and Murder Most Foul by Eleanor Herman
S - Sex with the Queen: 900 Years of Vile Kings, Virile Lovers, and Passionate Politics by Eleanor Herman
T - The True Story of Hansel and Gretel by Louise Murphy
U - Ungrateful Daughters: The Stuart Princesses Who Stole Their Father's Crown by Maureen Waller
V - Virgin Widow by Anne O'Brien
W - Was Napoleon Poisoned?: And Other Unsolved Mysteries of Royal History by Peter Haugen
X - Love and Louis XIV: The Women in the Life of the Sun King by Antonia Fraser
Y - Royal Panoply: Brief Lives of the English Monarchs by Carolly Erickson
Z - The Life of Elizabeth I by Alison Weir

A Month of Sundays by Liz Byrski The Burning Chambers by Kate Mosse The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton Doomed Queens by Kris Waldherr Eyewitness Auschwitz Three Years in the Gas Chambers by Filip Müller From Splendor to Revolution The Romanov Women, 1847--1928 by Julia P. Gelardi The Greatest Lies In History Spin, Doublespeak, Buck Passing And Official Cover Ups That Shaped The World by Alexander Canduci House of Treason The Rise and Fall of a Tudor Dynasty by Robert Hutchinson In Triumph's Wake Royal Mothers, Tragic Daughters, and the Price They Paid for Glory by Julia P. Gelardi The Juliet Code by Christine Wells The Kommandant's Girl (The Kommandant's Girl, #1) by Pam Jenoff The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart by Holly Ringland Mosaic A Chronicle of Five Generations by Diane Armstrong Nocturne by Diane Armstrong Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield The Poppy Factory by Liz Trenow Queen Victoria's Matchmaking The Royal Marriages that Shaped Europe by Deborah Cadbury The Royal Art of Poison Filthy Palaces, Fatal Cosmetics, Deadly Medicine, and Murder Most Foul by Eleanor Herman Sex with the Queen 900 Years of Vile Kings, Virile Lovers, and Passionate Politics by Eleanor Herman The True Story of Hansel and Gretel by Louise Murphy Ungrateful Daughters The Stuart Princesses Who Stole Their Father's Crown by Maureen Waller Virgin Widow by Anne O'Brien Was Napoleon Poisoned? And Other Unsolved Mysteries of Royal History by Peter Haugen Love and Louis XIV The Women in the Life of the Sun King by Antonia Fraser Royal Panoply Brief Lives of the English Monarchs by Carolly Erickson The Life of Elizabeth I by Alison Weir

message 81: by Phrynne, I love to read:) (new)

Phrynne | 7565 comments Mod
Great that you are joining us Megan! The answer to both your questions is yes:)

message 82: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Dec 29, 2018 03:33PM) (new)

Nicola wrote: "My list is almost complete!
I have 10 Aussie Authors in the list
A –A Spy in the Archives by Sheila FitzpatrickA Spy in the Archives / Sheila Fitzpatrick AA
B -..."

Nicola, I just fixed your "I" - Into the Night - if you want to change what it shows in your list :)

message 83: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Nicola, Kiera and Megan - you're all linked :)

message 84: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 985 comments Brenda wrote: "Nicola wrote: "My list is almost complete!
I have 10 Aussie Authors in the list
A –A Spy in the Archives by Sheila FitzpatrickA Spy in the Archives / [author:Sheila Fitzpatrick|47028..."

Thank you for fixing it up and linking me!
Nicola

message 85: by Megan (new)

Megan | 103 comments Thanks Phrynne and Brenda - excited for this challenge!

message 86: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Not long and we can start Megan - scary isn't it?!

message 88: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

You're linked Jennifer :)

message 89: by Megan (new)

Megan | 103 comments Had to change my V, but all updated.

message 90: by Steve (last edited Aug 18, 2019 07:23PM) (new)

Steve | 805 comments This looks like great fun -- and it's usually me badgering Megan to join a challenge, this time it was her!

Annual Aussie Readers EXTRA
A-Z of Titles - 1/1/19 - 31/12/19

22/26

A - The Accusation Forbidden Stories from Inside North Korea by Bandi ★★★★★
B - Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak AA ★★★☆☆
C - The Core (The Demon Cycle, #5) by Peter V. Brett ★★★★☆
D - The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter (The Riyria Chronicles, #4) by Michael J. Sullivan ★★★★★
E - Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas ★★★★★
F - The False King (Frostborn, #11) by Jonathan Moeller ★★★★☆
G - Gardens of the Moon (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #1) by Steven Erikson
H - Honor Among Enemies (Honor Harrington, #6) by David Weber ★★★★☆
I - The Insanity of Murder (Dr Dody McCleland, #4) by Felicity Young AA ★★★★☆
J - Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
K - Knight's Shadow (Greatcoats, #2) by Sebastien de Castell ★★★★★
L - Life or Death by Michael Robotham AA ★★★★☆
M - The Missing Girl by Jenny Quintana
N - The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #1) by Jessica Townsend AA
O - Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck ★★★☆☆
P - Push Not the River (The Poland Trilogy, #1) by James Conroyd Martin ★★★☆☆
Q - Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1) by Bethany Griffin ★★☆☆☆
R - Rivers of London (Peter Grant, #1) by Ben Aaronovitch ★★★★☆
S - The Science of Discworld (The Science of Discworld, #1) by Terry Pratchett ★★★★★
T - The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6) by Eoin Colfer ★★★★☆
U - Use of Weapons by Iain M. Banks ★★★★☆
V - Veiled (Alex Verus, #6) by Benedict Jacka ★★★★★
W - The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski ★★★★☆
X - Station X The Codebreakers of Bletchley Park by Michael Smith ★★★★★
Y - You Sent Me a Letter by Lucy Dawson ★★★☆☆
Z - Zambezi by Tony Park AA ★★★★☆

message 91: by Kiera (new)

Kiera | 1137 comments Brenda wrote: "Nicola, Kiera and Megan - you're all linked :)"

Thank you.

message 92: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

You're linked Steve :)

message 93: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 156 comments Hey there! Happy new year all! 🎊

Think I’ll join in (really need to decrease the book piles in our spare bedroom). Will set up my template & books shortly 😊 📚

message 95: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Icewineanne wrote: "Hey there! Happy new year all! 🎊

Think I’ll join in (really need to decrease the book piles in our spare bedroom). Will set up my template & books shortly 😊 📚"

Great you'll join us Anne - I'll link you once you've done your list :)

message 96: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

You're linked Niamh :)

message 98: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Literary_Madness wrote: "I'm still searching some titles ...
A - Already Home by Susan Mallery
B - Book of Lost Threads by Tess Evans
C - [book:The Colour of Te..."

No problem LM - don't forget you need your cover pics as well :) Thanks..

message 99: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

And you're linked :)

message 100: by Janine (new)

Janine (janineor) | 959 comments Finished my 1st

L - The Lost Man by Jane HarperThe Lost Man by Jane Harper(AA) 5*