Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
This topic is about Dumplin'
Jan'19: Dumplin' > January 27th: Chapter 32-61 Discussion Pt.2

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vinny, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vinny (filmandfiction) | 28 comments Mod
Hey Divers!

This is the thread for the bi-monthly discussion. The second part of this discussion will be held on January 27, 2019 throughout the day! :)

Considering that everyone might be reading this book on various platform (physical book, e-book, audiobook, free app, etc), we divide the books based on chapters instead of pages. In this second part of discussion, we will discuss the rest of the book, which is Chapter 32-61. It will be spoilery, so considered yourself warned!

Thanks, Divers!
--Lili & Vinny

message 2: by Lili , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lili  Marcus (lilikmarcus) | 91 comments Mod
Hi Guys, how's everyone's reading of Dumplin'?

Michael Chrobak (mchrobakauthor) | 17 comments I’m almost finished! It’s getting soooooo good!

Bree (bookishlybree) | 2 comments Hiii :)
Sorry I didn't join for the mid-month discussion!
I personally really enjoyed Dumplin', the book AND movie.

Bree (bookishlybree) | 2 comments Though I felt the book was better than the movie, (not such an underrated opinion I suppose...) I did love hearing all the Dolly Parton music, haha.

message 6: by Lili , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michael wrote: "I’m almost finished! It’s getting soooooo good!"

Hehe... How many chapters still left for you to read?

message 7: by Lili , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bree wrote: "Though I felt the book was better than the movie, (not such an underrated opinion I suppose...) I did love hearing all the Dolly Parton music, haha."

Haha... I'm just about to watch the movie...

message 8: by Lili , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bree wrote: "Though I felt the book was better than the movie, (not such an underrated opinion I suppose...) I did love hearing all the Dolly Parton music, haha."

But I heard the movie was better than the book. :) :) :)

message 9: by Lili , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

WHat do you think of the characters?

thelibraryofalexandra (thelibraryofalexandraa) | 10 comments I haven’t finished it yet! I’ve been on a mini holiday so I didn’t get to read it as much as I wanted to!!! Looking forward to reading it though and seeing what everyone thinks!!! Xx

Michael Chrobak (mchrobakauthor) | 17 comments Lili - 10 chapters left! I will finish it tomorrow for sure

message 12: by Vinny, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vinny (filmandfiction) | 28 comments Mod
I really enjoyed the book! I wish there will be closure at the end between Will and Bo rather than just a not-so-vague one-liner.

message 13: by Lili , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

allieereads wrote: "I haven’t finished it yet! I’ve been on a mini holiday so I didn’t get to read it as much as I wanted to!!! Looking forward to reading it though and seeing what everyone thinks!!! Xx"

Looks like you're not the only one Allie. hehe. I've received Dms telling the same thing. I, myself have just finished it this morning.. Let's just go back here when everyone's done reading. :)

message 14: by Lili , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michael wrote: "Lili - 10 chapters left! I will finish it tomorrow for sure"

:) :) Let's just come back here when everyone's finished, besides this discussion is open till 31st. :)

Erica (this_ericareads) | 4 comments Hi guys! Finished the book a few days ago! Haven't watched the movie yet but I'm so looking forward to it.