Underground Knowledge — A discussion group discussion

The Catcher in the Rye Enigma (The Underground Knowledge Series, #4)
This topic is about The Catcher in the Rye Enigma
THE CATCHER IN THE RYE ENIGMA > The Catcher mystery continues

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James, Group Founder (last edited Aug 19, 2014 04:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11245 comments As mentioned, the alleged conspiracy surrounding The Catcher in the Rye has already been studied ad nauseam and the general consensus by experts is that it is a mere coincidence that these criminals committed such horrific crimes after reading the book.

But how many of the so-called experts know about MK-Ultra and the highly documented history of mind control? And how many are aware of the intelligence community’s experiments proving Manchurian Candidates are indeed possible?

We’re certainly not implying we are experts, but it’s a fact that most who have analyzed The Catcher conspiracy theories have been authorities in either literature or criminology with highly specific knowledge in their chosen fields. Perhaps to more accurately assess this subject a prerequisite would be to have a broader knowledge of such topics as the way intelligence agencies operate, the dark history of assassinations and suspicious lone gunmen, and Project Paperclip’s Americanized Nazis as well as understanding how advanced the science of mind control really is.

We ain’t saying The Catcher in the Rye is definitely a mind control mechanism for those who have been brainwashed by intelligence agencies. But at the very least, the book had an accidental and unintended influence on some of the most heinous and high profile crimes of the 20th Century. And to us that seems very convenient or coincidental or suspicious – take your pick.

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

Just like any good story, maybe there’s a few facts hidden within the fiction and a healthy dose of fiction buried amongst the facts. Perhaps J.D. Salinger never bothered to publicly comment on the crimes associated with his book as he liked the mystery that surrounded it.

And on that note let’s allow the man himself have the final word...

“It’s partly true, too, but it isn’t all true,” Salinger wrote in The Catcher in the Rye. “People always think something’s all true.”

J.D. Salinger

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments I've never really understood the whole Catcher In The Rye theory. After all, virtually every person on Goodreads has it on their bookshelves!

Having said that, there's some interesting stuff in this forum I wasn't aware of before, so thanks!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Salinger + The Catcher + CIA = mind controlled assassins.

message 4: by Lance, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 2818 comments Harry wrote: "I've never really understood the whole Catcher In The Rye theory. After all, virtually every person on Goodreads has it on their bookshelves!

Having said that, there's some interesting stuff in th..."

How true. Let's hope they're not all sleeper assassins!

message 5: by Lance, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 2818 comments Argon wrote: "Salinger + The Catcher + CIA = mind controlled assassins."

That's certainly one of the theories.

message 6: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 11245 comments Argon wrote: "Salinger + The Catcher + CIA = mind controlled assassins."

Care to share why you're so convinced that is the case, Argon? What additional evidence, beyond what's been mentioned so far in this group, to support the argument?

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments I've just posted a new blog post: 20 ANAGRAMS OF FAMOUS BOOKS.

https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...

One of which, I discovered upon compiling, is:
'Teeth Cent Hierarchy' for The Catcher In The Rye.

Just thought it might be of interest.

Harry Whitewolf | 1745 comments I should also mention that The Da Vinci Code is 'Odd, Hectic, Naïve'.

Underground Knowledge — A discussion group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Catcher in the Rye (other topics)
In Search of J.D. Salinger (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

J.D. Salinger (other topics)