Our Shared Shelf discussion

Nov/Dec - Sister Outsider etc > Rebecca Traister uses The Power to highlight current political perception of Ocasio-Cortez

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Helen | 44 comments Mod
One of our current featured authors, Rebecca Traister, makes a brilliant observation about how Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez is perceived. She apparently reads the same books we do!

https://www.thecut.com/2018/12/alexan...

message 2: by Gerd (new)

Gerd | 428 comments Interesting piece, thanks.

I mostly get Ocasio-Cortez on my side of the pond through her twitter account and her open criticism of politicians (herself included) privilege, and I have huge respect for how she's willing to put her young political career at risk by not sucking up to the party but instead standing tall and calling things by their name.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm really happy she made it !

I'm quite sad, we can't read it in France, but thanks for sharing it !!
(The article)

If you ever can send me a copy/paste in private, I would really appreciate (🙏🙏🙏🙏)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm having a feeling women won't let men be the eternal burden to their destiny!
Pretty cool :) she is talented, and the opponent is quite a Stalinian elected burden, that may stir up some questions 🤔

Rep. Scott Peters said : "We should not be listening to people who don’t represent that mainstream voter who’s given Democrats the majority" in late 2018.

Politico.com

I should borrow the book, but I don't feel a french frenzy to lend books... f(-.-;)

🙏 Thx for sharing !