BOTM Past to Present > JANUARY 2019 (BOTM) THROW AWAY FACES...by Josef Alton

Comments Showing 1-50 of 221 (221 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by stephanie, MOD (new)

stephanie | 715 comments Mod
Thread will open on Dec 26th.....

message 2: by stephanie, MOD (new)

This thread is now open, please give Josef Alton a good time, and wait for him to enter the thread, and start grabbing for a free-book. I believe the he has 5 or 10 free give-aways,,,,,

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 455 comments I would love a copy. I read fast too. :)

message 4: by Vickie (new)

Vickie Sarmina (iwrite0530) | 111 comments Josef - I would love a free ebook kindle copy, please. Many thanks.

message 5: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn  Snyder | 12 comments I would love a kindle copy please. Thank you Josef

message 6: by Anne (w/ an E) (new)

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 56 comments Welcome Josef. I would appreciate a free Kindle copy, also. Thanks.

message 7: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments Hello everyone!

I’m very pleased to see you’re interested in reading my novel. I’ve worked out a deal with my publisher, Black Rose Writing to offer 10 free downloads and also a limited time Kindle offer of $2.99 for the rest (based on need, other electronic versions will likely be available at a discount as well). The physical book will release January 10th, and the e-version a week after that. As of now, I’ve been unable to get the OK to share with you prerelease copies. So, expect for me to get in touch with the first ten to let you know how to retrieve your free copy around the 10th, and as for the rest, I’ll be active on this thread to make sure everyone knows when the novel is available.

If you’d like to know more about the book feel free to check out my Goodreads author page and/or my website: www. Throwawayfaces.com Or, use this thread to ask me questions; that’s why I’m here.

Best,

Josef Alton

message 8: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments Here’s the synopsis for the novel:

“A string of patricides rocks 1916 Dublin and a washed-up Scottish doctor receives a mysterious manuscript from a fellow Scotsman recounting his dark experiences in the pioneer city of Seattle in 1889. As the doctor reads the manuscript, he’s made aware that the murders in Seattle are connected to those in Dublin and that he and the author crossed paths many years before and under tragic circumstances. In Seattle, a tale of corruption and conspiracy unravels at the feet of a crazed serial killer hell-bent on halting historical progress. It’s just a matter of time before the city will burn. The doctor must decide if the author is an ally, or the killer himself amidst an atmosphere of political instability and impending revolt. Throw Away Faces is a raw look into the abuses of power, the dark well of madness, and the inevitability of tragedy versus the power of redemption.”

message 9: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 455 comments Oh boy. I’m ready for this one. There seems to be long standing stories between Dublin area and Seattle area. Im familiar with the back story some. So, this is gonna be a great one.

message 10: by Farshana (new)

Farshana | 21 comments I would love a kindle copy too. Thank You!

message 11: by Chris (last edited Dec 27, 2018 07:30AM) (new)

Chris | 403 comments If any are left I would love a copy, thank you.

message 12: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments 6 free copies take, 4 left!

message 13: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 455 comments Did I receive one?

message 14: by Vickie (new)

Vickie Sarmina (iwrite0530) | 111 comments Can’t wait! Looking forward to it!!

message 15: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 455 comments Ruth
rowleyelite@aol.com

message 16: by Vickie (new)

Vickie Sarmina (iwrite0530) | 111 comments Good idea Ruth!! If I am to receive a copy here is my email address as well: iwrite0530@yahoo.com.
Many thanks.

message 17: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments Hi everyone! If you feel comfortable posting your emails here, great! Otherwise, message me your details. Unfortunately, my publisher won’t let me advance prerelease copies of the book. The e-versions of the book will become available January 17th (physical copies January 10th, via www.throwawayfaces.com). On the 17th each one of you will receive an email with the free manuscript or a link and code to obtain your discounted copy. My apologies it can’t be sooner!

Thanks so much for your interest!

Best,

Josef

message 18: by Vickie (new)

Vickie Sarmina (iwrite0530) | 111 comments Hi Josef- thanks so much for the info. Appreciate it!! I posted my email address here for you.

message 19: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments Thank you, Vickie! 🙏😀

message 20: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 455 comments What is your inspiration for writing with the setting in Dublin and Seattle? Seems to be a hot topic lately.

message 21: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments Hi Ruth! Well, I’m a born and raised Seattleite who loved the Underground Tour as a child. I studied history in college and moved to Dublin for grad school, gaining my Masters in Modern Irish History. I knew I wanted this novel to have a sequel in a different time period so I created two sets of crimes, one in each era and place, to add historical depth to the story. As this book is mainly set in 1889 Seattle, the next one will begin in 1916 Dublin, on the morning of the Easter Rising.

message 22: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Did you all know that Irish folks were the first slaves? Yes, and did you all know that my oldest sister use to live in Bothell ( now lives in Roanoke ) which is the outskirts of Seattle? Food for thought,....

message 23: by DJ Jones (new)

DJ Jones | 1 comments Darlene Jones at djgrace@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance

message 24: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 455 comments Well, that’s interesting Stephanie. I watched a whole series on Ghost Adventures in the Seattle area. Most of the interviewed people spoke of ties to Dublin. Fascinating stories.

message 25: by Anne (w/ an E) (new)

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 56 comments mzcatnthehat@hotmail.com
Thanks, Josef!

message 26: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 455 comments How fascinating to go to school in a different country. Adds to the authenticity of the story.

message 27: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments I was very fortunate to take advantage of the opportunity. I learned a lot about Irish culture and society, and also about being an Irish American and how different that is to being Irish. Very informative years for me.

message 28: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 455 comments I can see that. I think initially Irish descendants came over looking for a great opportunity, and as they received this opportunity...let’s not forget the work and living conditions they had to live through. Hard, hard work in their past.

message 29: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments A lot of water under the bridge for sure!

message 30: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Yes Ruth, but remember, there were 2 types of slave work way-back-then. and I believe the Irish folks received little to scraps of food, and the slaves from Africa received none. I use to watch an Irish man many years ago, he was in an Irish gang here. A small gang, but a gang is a gang to me. He use to be a penny robber, and then went big time and got caught.

message 31: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments Okay, everyone. Sorry if there has been any confusion, so let me reiterate again; first 10 copies are free (3 left). After that, Kindle copies will run at a discounted price of $2.99 for members of this group (for a limited time). My publisher, Black Rose Writing has been very accommodating, but will not allow copies to be distributed before the book’s e-release date of on January 17th. If you would like a physical copy of the book you can preorder the novel at my website, www.throwawayfaces.com (15% discount off cover price). The book will arrive to your doorstep on January 10th or 11th. Hope this helps! Thank you kindly.

message 32: by Vickie (new)

Vickie Sarmina (iwrite0530) | 111 comments Josef - my husband has always wanted to visit Ireland. It looks like a very beautiful place. Just curious - but so they have seasons there? It always looks cold to me - LOL!

message 33: by Chris (new)

Chris | 403 comments Don't know if I was in the lucky 10 if I was email 1cfrench@verizon.net

message 34: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments Vickie, fall and winter take up about 11 months. Spring 2 weeks and summer 2 weeks, to round out the year! :p Chris-you’re in!

message 35: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Morton | 2 comments p_dewolfe@yahoo.ca if any are left.

message 36: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments You’re in there, Pamela!

message 37: by Vickie (new)

Vickie Sarmina (iwrite0530) | 111 comments Omg. Spring and Summer are only 1 month!! WOW - no wonder it always looks cold!!

message 38: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments Vickie, I was being funny, but some years my joke rings sadly true! Beautiful place though—my favorite place on earth.

message 39: by Farshana (new)

Farshana | 21 comments rainnbooks@gmail.com
if I am in the first 10 that's my mail ID.Thank you

message 40: by Vickie (new)

Vickie Sarmina (iwrite0530) | 111 comments Ireland is definitely on our bucket list for travel - that for sure.

message 41: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 455 comments Well I read that a lot of Irish immigrants traveled to Washington state to escape the horrid treatment they were receiving in Northeastern states. They followed the gold rush and took up farming and was quite successful.

message 42: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments Very cool! I'm not too aware of late 19th Century Irish migration patterns to the West. I'd imagine the promise of land and a fresh start was quite appealing following the Civil War.

message 43: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments 1)Ruth
2)Vickie
3)Jaclyn
4)Anne
5)Farshana
6)Chris
7)DJ
8)Pamela
9)
10)

message 44: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments Farshana wrote: "rainnbooks@gmail.com
if I am in the first 10 that's my mail ID.Thank you"

You're in!

message 45: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments Jaclyn wrote: "I would love a kindle copy please. Thank you Josef"
My pleasure! Send on your email address when you can. Thanks!

message 46: by Tristan (new)

Tristan Drue Rogers (TristanDrueRogers) | 1 comments My wife's dream is to visit Ireland, even if that may be farther down the line than we'd like, but I'd love to nab a copy of the book if there is still any chance of that.

Best of luck with the novel, by the way!

message 47: by Janeandjerry (new)

Janeandjerry (JANEANDJERRYCULWELL) | 70 comments If any left i can send my email through private message

message 48: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments Tristan wrote: "My wife's dream is to visit Ireland, even if that may be farther down the line than we'd like, but I'd love to nab a copy of the book if there is still any chance of that.

Best of luck with the no..."

The book is yours!

message 49: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments Janeandjerry wrote: "If any left i can send my email through private message"
You're number 10!

message 50: by Josef (new)

Josef Alton (JosefAlton) | 70 comments We have officially hit nine takers. That means only one free copy is left! Once the last freebie is spoken for I'll ask my publisher for extra, but the chances are the cheapest way to get a copy of the book will be the $2.99 Kindle promotion beginning January 17th. If you'd like a physical copy, stop by www.throwawayfaces.com and preorder (limited time 15% sale on now). Thank you, everyone, and please don't hesitate to ask me questions on this thread. I'm all ears!

« previous 1 3 4 5