Diverse Divers discussion

Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
This topic is about Dumplin'
Jan'19: Dumplin' > Spoilery Discussion (24/7)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lili , Moderator (last edited Dec 20, 2018 08:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lili  Marcus (lilikmarcus) | 91 comments Mod
Hi Divers,

This is where we will discuss Dumplin' by Julie Murphy after reading it. SPOILERS are allowed here which means read this thread at your own risk. You can post the links of your reviews here too.

---Watch out for our reading sprints on twitter @DiverseDivers every Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun nights at 8 p.m onwards.

--We'll also have a movie night for this book since the adaptation is on Netflix but we still don't know when. What date works with you all. Comment please.

message 2: by Vinny, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vinny (filmandfiction) | 28 comments Mod
Hi everyone! Have you started the book yet? I'm currently on Chapter 9 and I truly enjoy Willowdean & Bo cute relationship! I haven't watched the movie, but I believe the meteor shower scene will be amazing!

thelibraryofalexandra (thelibraryofalexandraa) | 10 comments Hi guys!!! Okay, so I’m really loving the way Murphy writes - which I think I have said before haha but is anyone else finding the character Ellen to be super annoying? Is it just me? I don’t know, something about her and how she treats Willowdean kind of frustrates me...I can’t put my finger on it.

And I loved that meteor scene too! I really hope that’s in the movie - it made me breathless but I wish Bo would just talk haha. But I’m kind of enjoying the fact that the romance element at the moment is in the background? And it’s focusing instead on Willowdean and her journey to basically being a queen 😜

Allie

message 4: by Lili , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

allieereads wrote: "Hi guys!!! Okay, so I’m really loving the way Murphy writes - which I think I have said before haha but is anyone else finding the character Ellen to be super annoying? Is it just me? I don’t know,..."

I kinda get what you say about Ellen Allie and I think I'll point it out clearly as I read more... hehe.

message 5: by Vinny, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vinny (filmandfiction) | 28 comments Mod
allieereads wrote: "Hi guys!!! Okay, so I’m really loving the way Murphy writes - which I think I have said before haha but is anyone else finding the character Ellen to be super annoying? Is it just me? I don’t know,..."

HONESTLY ME TOO! She's being so oblivious when Will confronted her to not join the pageant. How can one be so blind?!

message 6: by Lili , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vinny wrote: "allieereads wrote: "Hi guys!!! Okay, so I’m really loving the way Murphy writes - which I think I have said before haha but is anyone else finding the character Ellen to be super annoying? Is it ju..."

YES!!!!, now I want the discussions to start. let's make the discussion all day whoever wants to join, anytime they want. hehe.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dumplin' (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Julie Murphy (other topics)