Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District discussion

'Tis the season! What are you readin'?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin Collins | 15 comments Mod
It is that time of year to gather with family, friends & co-workers and spread the joy...and then hopefully get time to escape and curl up on the couch in solitude and read a good book. What book do you like to read this time of year? I am about to start "A Town Divided by Christmas" by Orson Scott Card. A Town Divided by Christmas by Orson Scott Card

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin Collins | 15 comments Mod
I took a holiday reading detour and read Alaskan Holiday by Debbie Macomber. It was a small novel and I thought it would help me catch up to my 2018 reading goals. I have never read her books before and I thought I would finally give her a try. It was a nice little love story but I found it kind of boring. Nothing special really happened. It was predictable, and the characters were flat without much depth at all. There wasn't even that much written about Alaska to enjoy. I will skip Macomber's books in the future. Speaking of future...I should have stuck to my gut and read Card's book. I'll get on that now and finish before the new year. Alaskan Holiday by Debbie Macomber