2019 Resolution Group discussion

Members Writing > Bookbuyers Daily Writing

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) ...

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Dec 19, 2018

5 min of free writing

In many ways she was very fortunate but she never felt so.

This is the story of Angela Pembrooke and her unlucky, lucky life.

Angela was a fat girl. There was no if and or buts about that. She was too fat to simply be called pudgy she was most definitely round.

She had acne and stringy hair. Low confidence and trouble navigating every day life. But somehow the fates always seemed to smile on her.

Guys would ask her out on a weekly basis. She could never understand why. She always declined. Besides she wasn't even sure she was interested in men. In anyone.

She was born rich so she never had to worry about money. Her parents were generous with her allowance.

She didn't have many friends but she had a wonderful best friend. Angie. Both were named Angela but early on Angie had decided to be called Angie so there wouldn't be any confusion.

Angela was in the last year of high school and wasn't looking forward to becoming an adult. She had no life skills and little experience taking care of herself. Her mother still cut the crusts off her sandwiches for Christ's sake!

She knew she would get into any college she wanted.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Dec 19th

Free writing

"What do you want?" she asked as she pulled out a weed amongst her prized roses?

"You."

Lily scoffed. "We've been over this Frank. I'm married.

"But you aren't happy," Frank protested. Crumpling his hat in his hands.

"Married is married." Lily replied as she found another weed an viciously pulled it out.

She dared not look at Frank. She knew his face would be desolate.

Lily continued to pull weeds as Frank stood there. She knew that she couldn't be with him. She just knew. She had taken vows. Vows meant something to her even if it didn't to her husband.

message 4: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Dec 25, 2018 06:43PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Planned Writing Idea.

Genre: Historical Fiction, Drama, Romance, Fantasy.

Elements: Mental Health, Harem or Reverse Harem.

Theme: Mental Health doesn't just go away with happily ever after?

message 5: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments It's good to include stuff about mental health and it not having a magic fix. Good luck with your ideas!

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) C.P. wrote: "It's good to include stuff about mental health and it not having a magic fix. Good luck with your ideas!"

Thanks. :)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) I have a writing blog now! Just setting it up now! :)

message 8: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) Sweet!

message 9: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jan 27, 2019 01:32PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aly wrote: "Sweet!"

Here it is! - https://bookbuyersbeginningexpirencew...

So far I only have old stories up. I'm working on something new though.