Books Real When Shared discussion

All I want for Christmas Book Tag

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma | 124 comments Mod
Hi guys! Christmas is just around the corner and so I thought it would be nice to do a tag all about it.

The tag is the All I want for Christmas Book Tag, originally created by A thousand lives of Daisy on Youtube.

Here are the questions:

1) What fictional character do you want Santa to leave under your christmas tree?
2) What character do you want to kiss under the mistletoe?
3) You write your christmas list for Santa, what are the top 5 books on it?
4) It's secret santa at Hogwarts, what do you most want to recieve?
5) You get to the spend the day with the characters and movie adaptation actors from one fandom, what do you pick?
6) What fictional animal would you like to replace Rudolph and be able to meet on your roof?
7) You invite 10 fictional characters to your new years eve party, who do you pick?
8) What character would make a good santa? (Doesn't have to be appearance, personality counts too)

I’d really like to read all your answers. Happy holidays and keep on reading! :)

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma | 124 comments Mod
Here are my answers.

1) What fictional character do you want Santa to leave under your christmas tree?
Can I please have Newt Scamander with a lovely bow atop his head? He can also bring Pickett and the Nifflers with him.

I’ve just started and there’s already an impossible question. How can I choose among all my fictional boyfriends? If I really have to choose I think I’d pick Richard Campbell Gansey III. He’s probably my biggest fictional crush of the year. I’m sorry Blue, but I can already see the Christmas lights reflecting on Gansey’s lovely glasses and us two talking about his favourite Welsh king.

Conversations with friends by Sally Rooney
Fence Vol. 1 by C.S. Pacat
The secret lives of color by Kassia St Clair
Girl made of stars by Ashley Herring
The other side of lost by Jessi Kirby

A Niffler! Pleaseeeeeee
I know I could get something more practical but let’s be real, I’d like a cute fictional animal.

5) You get to the spend the day with the characters and movie adaptation actors from one fandom, what do you pick?
I think I’d like to spend it with the lovely people from All the boys I’ve loved before. I’m not even sure it’s really a fandom but I’d like to spend time with them.

6) What fictional animal would you like to replace Rudolph and be able to meet on your roof?
Abraxos from the Throne of Glass series. Wouldn’t he be the cutest with a festive attire?

7) You invite 10 fictional characters to your new years eve party, who do you pick?
This a tricky question and I’m sorry for those who have not made the cut.
I would invite:

Hermione Granger
Blue Sargent
Gansey Campbell Richard III
Ronan Lynch
Will Herondale
Kieran Kingson
Manon Blackbeak
Peter Kavinsky
Nina Zenik
Rhysand

8) What character would make a good santa? (Doesn't have to be appearance, personality counts too)
I think Lara Jean would be the perfect Santa. I’d probably get a personalized gift and also some cupcakes. It's a win-win situation.

message 3: by Silvia (last edited Dec 20, 2018 03:35AM) (new)

Silvia (silviag96) | 139 comments Mod
This is so fun! Let's see what I can get out of it.

Here are my answers:

Pretending I will not make this book tag about William Herondale.
Ehm, let's see, let's say Elio Perlman from Call My By Your Name. I think we could have a great chat about books, and Oliver, and trashy 80's music.

I mean, William Herondale? Is there ever a more beautiful sound than his name? Will is like my number one pick for everything.
After a *long* makeout session (is this TMI?) we could eventually talk about some classic books, and I mean, I will basically force him to read "Wuthering Heights" if he had not done it already.

- Darius The Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
- Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning
- an ARC copy of "Red, White and Royal Blue" by Casey McQuinston
-This is kind of an epic love story by Kheryn Callender

A book from that wonderful list I just wrote.

I'll be completely honest. Every movie adaptation Jamie Campbell Bower has ever done. Like, anything. Anyone. I don't care about the fandom, I just want Jamie, thanks.

Church from all of the Shadowhunters world cause CATS. Fluffly cats. Do I need to say more?

Only 10? Okay, I'll try.

- Will Herondale
- Julian Blackthorn
- Rhysand
- Chaol Westfall
- Hermione Granger
- Tessa Gray
- Simon&Baz (I mean, they count as one, pretty please?)
- Elio Perlman
- Laurent of Vere
- Heathcliff cause I would like my party to be ruined by him. Like it would be my pleasure, please do it again.

Penelope from "Carry On", she's the sweetest and most thoughtful person ever. I love her.

message 4: by Samuele (new)

Samuele (fernendo_7) | 83 comments Mod
A booktag with my favourite Christmas song? I'm in!

Well, it's difficult, because I kinda have a crush for almost every fictional character ahahah. I guess I'll choose Will Herondale from the Infernal Devices or Will Parry from His Dark Materials.

Go back to the first question and re-read it ahahahah. When it comes to Will I can't decide.

- Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare (I know it will come out next year, I'm just getting ready for Christmas 2019);
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- Lifel1k3 by Jay Kristoff
- Captive Prince by C. S. Pacat
- I don't know what else ahahah

A Time-Turner would be perfect.

I think I'll go for Love, Simon, I love these characters and actors!!

Zouwu or Nifflers because THEY ARE THE CUTEST CREATURES EVER.

Will Herondale
Will Parry
Percy Jackson
Hermione Granger
Ron Weasley
Ethan Wate
Simon Spier
Ezra Mason
Kady Grant
Simon Lewis

Simon from Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, because given his appearance and personality it would be the most suitable person for this job.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (wordsinflames) | 1 comments Boy! Here we go!

-Really, I just want to just spend a day with any of the main cast from the Magnus Chase books, Magnus, Alex, Sam, Heart and Blitz, all the goodness

-Kiss on the cheek, Nilanjana from It Devours!

-Are You Alice volume 7 and up, Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets 20 years, An Irish Country Village, Ace of Shades, and any Alice in Wonderland books

-Stuff for book photos: Pop figures, a book stand, that stuff

-Benedict Cumberbatch, Sherlock

-Does Chopper from One Piece count, blue nose reindeer who is also a doctor and can turn into a monster, seams pretty cool

-Alex Fierro, Carlos the Scientist, Emma Lake, Liet, Inej, Baz, Charley Weasley, Rukia, Spider-man, Kurama

-Allen Walker from D. Gray-man

message 6: by Silvia (new)

Sarah wrote: "Boy! Here we go!

-Really, I just want to just spend a day with any of the main cast from the Magnus Chase books, M..."

I would so much like to read Ace of Shades too, it sounds really interesting!!

message 7: by Rida (new)

Rida Imran  (ridaimran) 1) What fictional character do you want Santa to leave under your christmas tree?
-Percy Jackson or Luna Lovegood

-Kell from Shades of Magic ❤

-More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera (signed)
-ARC of In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire
-An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (all books)
-A signed Diary of a Wimpy Kid (any part) or Percy Jackson (any part)
-The New Six of Crows Edition (preferably signed)

4) It's secret santa at Hogwarts, what do you most want to receive?
-Signed books, the mockingjay pin, A carl (from: An Absolutely Remarkable Thing) pin

-Wonder!

-Um not sure :P

-Jesper (Six of Crows)
-Nina (Six of Crows)
-Percy Jackson (PJO)
-Leo (Heroes of Olympus)
-Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)
-Fred and George (Harry Potter)
-Rhy (Shades of Magic)
-Alucard (Shades of Magic)
-Kell (Shades of Magic)
-Cassian (ACOTAR)
(Sorry for forgetting someone I love)

8) What character would make a good santa?
-Simon from Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda.

message 8: by Silvia (new)

Rida wrote: "1) What fictional character do you want Santa to leave under your christmas tree?
-Percy Jackson or Luna Lovegood

-Kell from Shades of Ma..."

I would very much like to be invited to your new years eve party, thanks ahahah :)

message 9: by Martina (new)

Martina | 63 comments Mod
These are my answers:

Warner! Please, Santa. I just need his smartness, arrogance and sexiness.

I can't but pick you, Richard Campbell Gansey III.
"The Raven boys" saga was the one I loved the most this year and this little king just stole my heart.

The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
Perfume: the story of a murderer by Patrick Suskind
Bridget Jones's diary by Helen Fielding
Vengeful by V. E. Schwab
You by Caroline Kepnes

Any Jane Eyre's editions in this world!

Fantastic Beasts!

Buckbeak, definetely. It's the most cutest and bravest fictional animal ever.

This a tricky question and I’m sorry for those who have not made the cut.
I would invite:

Warner
Nihal
Gansey Campbell Richard III
Ron Weasley
Kenji
Victor
Lazlo Strange
Simon Spier
Hermione Granger
Ronan Lynch

I think Blue Sargent would make a good santa. She's a little extravagant, but she cares about people and know them very well. So, I guess she'll pick the perfect gift for everyone.