Play Book Tag discussion

Cold Sassy Tree
This topic is about Cold Sassy Tree
Archive: Other Books > Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2083 comments 1906 Cold Sassy, Georgia, sees a scandal unlike any other this small town has ever witnessed. Barely three weeks after burying his wife E. Rucker Blakeslee elopes with the young milliner, Love Simpson, who works in Blakeslee's store. The age difference is quite noticeable which only adds fuel to the scandal fire. Blakeslee's grandson, Will Tweedy, seems to be the only one in town not bothered by the hasty union. As tongues wag and the new Mrs. Blakeslee is shunned by the town, Will is doing his own growing-up. He is fascinated by automobiles and when his father buys one of their own, Will is over the moon. He feels the first inklings of puppy love when he has his first kiss. He is 'run over' by a train and lives to tell the tale. And he loves his grandpa no matter what the townspeople say about him.

This was a sweet coming-of age story, very well done on audio. I love the colorful vernacular of the region and enjoyed the story quite a bit

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5633 comments I just read this a few months ago. Also a 4-star read for me

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 8282 comments This one has been on my TBR so long that I put it on my 36 Trim! Come on randomizer!