The Catholic Book Club discussion

Lift Up Your Heart: A Guide to Spiritual Peace (A Triumph Classic)
This topic is about Lift Up Your Heart
39 views
Past Voting > January, 2019 BOTM - results

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Manuel Alfonseca | 1512 comments Mod
This month we had 40 votes from 22 voters and again a clear winner.

Results of the January voting:

1. Lift up your heart by Fulton J. Sheen, 10 votes.

2. He Leadeth Me (Ciszek) and The Return of the Prodigal Son (Nowen), 5 votes each.

3. Story of a soul (The autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux), 4 votes.

4. All the other books (except the next two) got between 1 and 3 votes.

5. Two books had no votes: Looking for the King (Downing) and The Satin Slipper (Claudel). None of them were protected. The randomizer chose Looking for the King for elimination.

Two new books will enter next month: The Power of Silence: Against the Dictatorship of Noise, by Robert Sarah, and Broken Mary: A Journey of Hope, by Kevin Matthews,

Regards,

reply | edit | delete | flag *


message 2: by Faith (new) - added it

Faith Flaherty (contemprisma) | 35 comments This article mentions a book I'd like us to consider, The Last Homily Conversations With Fr. Arnold Panula by Mary Eberstadt. https://cruxnow.com/interviews/2018/1...
Thanks for your consideration,
Faith


John Seymour | 1889 comments Mod
Faith wrote: "This article mentions a book I'd like us to consider, The Last Homily Conversations With Fr. Arnold Panula by Mary Eberstadt. https://cruxnow.com/interviews/2018/1...-..."

Hi Faith, If someone hasn't already beat me to it, I'll add this to our nominations thread. In the future, please add nominations there.


message 4: by Dani (new) - added it

Dani | 3 comments I’m new to the group (just joined today), and this book looks amazing and much needed in my life. I just got it and look forward to discussing next month!


John Seymour | 1889 comments Mod
Gabi wrote: "I’m new to the group (just joined today), and this book looks amazing and much needed in my life. I just got it and look forward to discussing next month!"

Welcome to the group, Gabi.


John Seymour | 1889 comments Mod
John wrote: "Gabi wrote: "I’m new to the group (just joined today), and this book looks amazing and much needed in my life. I just got it and look forward to discussing next month!"

Welcome to the group, Gabi."


Welcome to the group, Dani!! :-)


message 7: by Joseph (new) - added it

Joseph (jsaltal) | 0 comments Welcome to the group, Gabi & Dani!


back to top