Taste of Romance discussion

Author Q&A > Kristen Proby Q&A (December 2018)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Proby (kristenproby) | 13 comments Mod
You GUYS! I'm late! I'm so sorry. I guess I got swept up in the holidays and a deadline, but that's no excuse! My apologies!

Post any/all questions on this string! Questions can be book specific or general writing related. Respectful personal questions are also welcomed. Answers will be posted on Thursday, December 20th, throughout the day. Everyone who posts a question will automatically be entered into a giveaway for a signed copy of Kissing Jenna. Winner randomly picked on December 22nd. Ask away!

message 2: by Rochelle (last edited Dec 20, 2018 05:10AM) (new)

Rochelle | 90 comments No worries. :-) I have read so many of your books and I love them all. The couples feel so real and as a reader you get so invested in their lives. You never want the story to end.

My question is, what made you want to start writing and was it hard to start?

message 3: by A (new)

A | 19 comments Hey,
I don't have any questions, but I have to say this is the first book that I've read from you and I'm loving it so far. Thank you so much for writing and Merry Christmas!!

message 4: by Amberb03 (new)

Amberb03 | 41 comments No worries! Thanks for the book :) I am a big fan of your Seattle series! So my question is.... Did you know with Boudreaux and Seattle that it would become a series or did it start with just one book? Do you prefer to write a series as opposed to a standalone? Merry Christmas!

message 5: by Monique (new)

Monique V | 32 comments I was wondering where the Q&A was! Do not worry it gaves us more time to gather our thoughts. I have one question for you. In most of the books I have read from you there is almost no drama. The couples dont have a massive over the top dramatic break up and that is something great! My question is what inspires you to have such drama free relationships? Love you by the way!

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy I’m new to the group and enjoyed your book very much! It was the first book of yours I’ve read and I look forward to reading more. I’m curious to know what authors you enjoy and where you get your inspiration for your story lines.

NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books} (nicoletae) | 21 comments No, worries for the delay!
For the beginning I would like to thank you for the book... It was a lovely story and very intriguing toward the end...
I haven't read the previous books and I'm wondering if in the previous stories, the readers were taking pieces of Savanna's past???
And also, all your books are series and they can be read as standalones and woulb be preferred to be read with the proper array?

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Hi Rochelle! Thank you so much for your kind words.

I've been a writer since I was a little girl, before I could even spell the words. So, there really wasn't one thing that made want to start, I just always have. I've read romance since I was a teenager, and decided to start writing romance when I was in my early twenties.

xo

Rochelle wrote: "No worries. :-) I have read so many of your books and I love them all. The couples feel so real and as a reader you get so invested in their lives. You never want the story to end.

My question is..."

message 9: by Kristen (new)

Merry Christmas to you, Amanda! I'm so happy that you're enjoying the book. Thank you!! xo

Amanda wrote: "Hey,
I don't have any questions, but I have to say this is the first book that I've read from you and I'm loving it so far. Thank you so much for writing and Merry Christmas!!"

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Hi Amber! Thank you! I knew with Boudreaux that it would be a 6-book series from the start. I love that family! With Seattle, I intended for it to be a stand alone, but then I met the rest of the family, and they all needed stories! Thank goodness. I do prefer the series, as I'm sure you can tell because I have yet to successfully write a stand alone. ;)

Merry Christmas!! xo

Amberb03 wrote: "No worries! Thanks for the book :) I am a big fan of your Seattle series! So my question is.... Did you know with Boudreaux and Seattle that it would become a series or did it start with just one b..."

message 11: by Kristen (new)

Hello, Monique! Thank you so much. So, I definitely am a low-drama writer. I love watching the couples fall in love, with bumps along the way, but not anything catastrophic to recover from. I think the reason is because these are the kind of books that I also like to read. There is so much drama in real life, I prefer to spend time in a fairy tale when I'm reading. Thank you for your question! xo

Monique wrote: "I was wondering where the Q&A was! Do not worry it gaves us more time to gather our thoughts. I have one question for you. In most of the books I have read from you there is almost no drama. The co..."

message 12: by Kristen (new)

Hi Amy! Thank you, and welcome! Other authors I enjoy... K. Bromberg, Corinne Michaels, Jill Shalvis, Devney Perry... I could go on and on.

Story lines come from my imagination. It's a never ending stream of what-ifs! :)

xo

Amy wrote: "I’m new to the group and enjoyed your book very much! It was the first book of yours I’ve read and I look forward to reading more. I’m curious to know what authors you enjoy and where you get your ..."

message 13: by Kristen (new)

Hi there! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Every book in any of my series can be read as a stand alone. Most readers would tell you that it's best to read in order, if you can, but not necessary. You will get small pieces of Savannah's past in the previous books, but the majority of her story unfolds in her book, Easy Nights.

Thank you for your question! xo

NiCoLeTa E. wrote: "No, worries for the delay!
For the beginning I would like to thank you for the book... It was a lovely story and very intriguing toward the end...
I haven't read the previous books and I'm wonderi..."

message 14: by Karen (new)

Karen | 2 comments Hey!
I LOVE the Seattle series! I was wondering if you will ever write a book about the parents and their history from that series.
Thank you!

message 15: by Kristen (new)

Hi Karen! I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it's not in the plans at this time. Thank you for reading!! xo

Karen wrote: "Hey!
I LOVE the Seattle series! I was wondering if you will ever write a book about the parents and their history from that series.
Thank you!"