Mount TBR 2019 discussion

Level 5: Mt. Kilimanjaro (60) > Elizabeth's Climb 2019 - completed

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (last edited Dec 19, 2018 08:45AM) (new)

Elizabeth This is the first time i'm doing this challenge , so for my 2019 Reading goal is 54 books , but i know i can read more then that, On that note : this is a way to help me read some books that are on my shelves wither their physical , or e-books, here is my shelf for Mount TBR 2019 :
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Note: ones that are marked Netgalley I own just never moved them off that shelf . Plus I'll be adding the rest when I pick them out .
also there are some books on there that scar me and they are :
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy ( was to have read this last year but I didn't )
Shogun by James Clavell ( love the movie/ tv show but i'm scared that the book will let me down )
The House Of Seven Gables by Nathanel Hawthorne
Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams Bianco
Kim by Rudyard Kipling
The Odyssey by Homer ( this is my sister's favorite book so i need to read this or she'll hurt me lol)
Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian
The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain ( re reads but i'm scared it won't be a favorite any more since its been years since I've read it )
The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twin ( the same reason as the one for Tom Sawyer)
Revival by Stephen King
Roadwork by Stephen King
End of Watch by Stephen King

message 2: by Bev (new)

Bev | 702 comments Mod
So glad you're joining us, Elizabeth! It's great to have so many new climbers this year. Good luck!

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Bev wrote: "So glad you're joining us, Elizabeth! It's great to have so many new climbers this year. Good luck!"

Thanks so much , this is just what I was looking for to give me the push I need to read those books

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments I’m fairly confident that there’s several on your list that is on my TBR pile and I have to say...good luck to us both to get our piles down to something far more reasonable! I mean, when you’re cataloging your collection of books and you realize that you’ve only gotten about halfway through and you haven’t read half of them...uh-oh.

Good luck! I wish you the best on your climb and hope you’re starting with an overall smaller mountain than mine (I have rented a storage unit for most of mine as I have moved to a smaller place forcing me to go from 7 shelves to 2 and most of the ones staying with me are unread, I believe.)

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Alicia wrote: "I’m fairly confident that there’s several on your list that is on my TBR pile and I have to say...good luck to us both to get our piles down to something far more reasonable! I mean, when you’re ca..."

thanks so much, i have know idea how many physical books i own , since a lot of my got lost when we moved back in 2011 , of kindle books i do know that i still have 1,670 to read lol

message 6: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Welcome, and happy reading!

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Jessika wrote: "Welcome, and happy reading!"

Thank you so much

message 8: by Elizabeth (last edited Jan 16, 2019 03:44PM) (new)

Elizabeth No I can't believe I did that , I accidentally deleted my list of books ,and I can't find my list of books I had with them on it.😢 ,so it looks like I'm posting a new one

message 9: by Elizabeth (last edited Feb 18, 2019 01:07AM) (new)

message 10: by Elizabeth (last edited Mar 01, 2019 06:13PM) (new)

message 11: by Elizabeth (last edited Mar 13, 2019 09:25PM) (new)

message 12: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Nice work, keep going!

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Jessika wrote: "Nice work, keep going!"
thanks so much

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth total books read is 51/60

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth 58/ 60

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth 60 /60 read
The Perfect Wife by J.P. Delaney is book 60

message 17: by Bev (new)

Bev | 702 comments Mod