Mount TBR 2019 discussion

Level 4: Mt. Ararat (48 books) > Christina's First Climb

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (last edited Mar 03, 2019 11:21PM) (new)

Christina (eliniel) | 7 comments Hello everyone :) I'm new to this and I've never really participated in a year long challenge before! My TBR is out of control and I just happened by this in a Facebook group from someone who has a similar problem. I had already planned on trying to limit buying new books this year and really knuckle down and get through the ones I already had, so I felt this would be perfect for me!

I saw some of the others post their lists in their climb post, so I'm going to go ahead and start mine here :) I have so many more than this! I'm hoping to move up later in the year but I don't want to push myself too hard just yet XD

Read Count: 10
Extra Read Count: 4

1. City of Bones (TMI 1) -- READ
2. City of Ashes (TMI 2)
3. City of Glass (TMI 3)
4. Clockwork Angel (ID 1)
5. Clockwork Prince (ID 2)
6. Clockwork Princess (ID 3)
7. City of Fallen Angels (TMI 4)
8. City of Lost Souls (TMI 5)
9. City of Heavenly Fire (TMI 6)
10. Bright Smoke, Cold Fire
11. This Savage Song
12. Blood Rose Rebellion
13. Reawakened
14. Recreated
15. The Young Elites -- READ
16. The Rose Society
17. The Midnight Star
18. Vassa in the Night -- READ
19. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
20. The Bear and the Nightingale -- READ
21. Roar
22. Strange the Dreamer
23.Dividing Eden -- "READ" (DNF @ 50%)
24. The Becoming of Noah Shaw
25. Dreams of Gods and Monsters
26. All the Bright Places
27. Tithe
28. Valiant
29. Song of the Current
30. Sea Witch --READ
31. Onyx and Ivory
32. Beyond a Darkened Shore
33. Snow Like Ashes
34. Starters -- READ
35. Enders -- READ
36. Poison Study
37. Queen of Hearts -- READ
38. The Looking Glass Wars
39. The Glass Spare
40. Children of Blood and Bone -- READ
41. The Caged Queen
42. The Graces
43. Shutter -- CURRENT READ
44. Zodiac
45. Wake
46. Fade
47. Gone
48. The Hidden Oracle

Extras (should I want to push higher):

49. Romanov E-Arc -- READ
50. The Winter of the Witch E-Arc
51. Wicked Saints E-Arc
52. Warrior of the Wild E-Arc
53. Blood of Wonderland -- READ
54. Alex & Eliza --READ
55. The Outsiders -- READ

message 2: by Bev (new)

Bev | 702 comments Mod
Welcome to the climbing crew! So glad you found us. Good luck with your climb.

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments I wish you good luck in your efforts for the coming year. I know that I am really stepping out of my comfort zone this coming year and I have to say that this is my first year to participate in any sort of reading challenge. I’ve not even done the ones I signed up for this year, or any of the readathons that I’ve come across on YouTube.

message 4: by Bev (last edited Dec 20, 2018 05:32PM) (new)

Bev | 702 comments Mod
Alicia wrote: "I wish you good luck in your efforts for the coming year. I know that I am really stepping out of my comfort zone this coming year and I have to say that this is my first year to participate in any..."

There are lots of good people here to cheer us all on--so hopefully we'll make you comfortable. And--honest--there's no pressure. No matter how many books you read, that's at least some books off that TBR mountain.

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana (dkgreads) | 23 comments You have A LOT of good books on your list! Happy climbing!

message 6: by Darci (new)

Darci (girlbetweenthepages) | 58 comments Good luck with your mountain!
(I'm also hoping to read the ID series at some point in 2019!)

message 7: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 104 comments Good luck with your mountain! You have amazing books on your list, so I'm hoping it will be a good reading year for you. We share a lot of TBR books, I'm hoping to tackle some of those in 2019 as well.

message 8: by Alicia (new)

Alicia McGuire | 18 comments I’ve got a lot of the same books on my TBR and I hope that I climb far enough up this year that I don’t have nearly the same amount on my TBR next year. I have to say, I am very excited to read the books I have this coming year and hopefully not buy nearly as many as I read.

Good luck on your climb and I hope that you climb through all of the books on your list, or others that you decide to read throughout the coming year.

message 9: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) You can do it!

message 10: by Christina (new)

Christina (eliniel) | 7 comments Thank you so much everyone XD

message 11: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 110 comments Christina wrote: "Hellloooo everyone :) I'm Christina and this is my first climb. Although I tend to read nearly 100 books a year, I started myself out low (Mt. Ararat), but my TBR is an entire floor to ceiling book..."

Welcome Christina! I saw your introduction and I'm in the exact same shoes! My shelf of library books I've kept and counting them as I read them on Bev's other challenge - the Virtual Mount TBR. I also work at a university library and yes, sometimes (most times!) being at work isn't helpful for reducing the to read list. 😄

Good luck on your 2019 reading Christina!

message 12: by Christina (new)

Christina (eliniel) | 7 comments Pamela wrote: "Christina wrote: "Hellloooo everyone :) I'm Christina and this is my first climb. Although I tend to read nearly 100 books a year, I started myself out low (Mt. Ararat), but my TBR is an entire flo..."

It's really awful sometimes. I work in the circulation department, so once the books are cataloged and ready to go out, I get to see what comes in first. It's really hard sometimes! XD Thank you and I wish you luck as well!

message 13: by Bev (new)

Bev | 702 comments Mod
Hope you were able to get some more TBR reading done!

message 14: by Christina (new)

Christina (eliniel) | 7 comments Sadly no :( I got a promotion at work and it took legitimately all of my reading time away. I haven't finished yet alone picked up a book since like, may. :(

message 15: by Bev (new)

Bev | 702 comments Mod
Aww. But congrats on the promotion!!