Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > What’s a book you’ll never forget?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 145 (145 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Rumell (last edited Dec 19, 2018 07:05AM) (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) | 1012 comments I know a lot. I won't.

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia | 116 comments Skellig by David Almond
Such a great book that everyone in my family has read. Really simple in its meaning, but beautiful as well.

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
I loved the message and the way the story was told. It may sound cliched, but it really helped point me in the right direction, and I keep the morals from the story in my head all the time.

cauliflower broccoli banana spinach | 14 comments Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
It made me cry.

message 4: by KossK (new)

KossK | 13 comments The Program, Suzanne Young... No words.
ACOTAR, Sarah J. Maas is one of my all-time favourite authors.

message 5: by Aneeza (new)

Aneeza (goodreadscomaneeza_rafiq) | 16 comments A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman

message 7: by Jordan (last edited Dec 22, 2018 07:39AM) (new)

Jordan (snicketypicket) Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
Carry On
The Book Thief
Animal Farm
Memoirs of a Geisha

message 10: by Pam (new)

Pam Carmichael | 154 comments Before We Were Yours, it really hit me in the gut, and it was based off a true story, about broke my heart!

message 11: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments The Moon is a Harsh Mistress I think I've read this book about 30 times--and I get something different out of it each time.

message 12: by Soaiba (new)

Soaiba (maxerica4dawin) | 116 comments * All of the Shadowhunters books
* The Hate U Give
*Far from the Tree
* All of Adam Silvera's books

message 13: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Robert Collins (stephenrobertcollins) | 99 comments 2018
Macbeth by Jo NESBØ
The Chalk man by C.J Tudor.

message 14: by S61, Creator/Chief Moderator (new)

S61 (kingdombooks) | 248 comments Mod
Sick boy sean waller

message 15: by Hunter (new)

Hunter | 51 comments * The Time Keeper - I read it many, many years ago, and while I probably wouldn't like it as much now, it really left a lasting impression on me.
* Mark Alpert's The Six trilogy - A much more recent read, but it messed me up in the best way possible, especially during the epilogue of book 3, The Silence. I'm so glad I went in blind; that made the final result even more impactful.
* Seveneves - Took a while to get into; however, sticking to the book was worth it, as the last half was utterly mind-blowing.
* Maximum Ride Forever - I'm not a fan of the Maximum Ride series anymore, but Forever personally meant so much to me at the time of its release, and I don't think I'll ever forget about it.

message 16: by BookWorm (new)

BookWorm The Hunger Games

message 17: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisancandice) No Tomorrow by Carian Cole and It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover, Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon and the entire Throne of Glass series by Sarah Mass.

message 18: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 427 comments The Fifth Sacred Thing, by Starhawk

message 19: by Novelist Dienne (new)

Novelist Dienne (novelistdienne) | 6 comments Flowers for Algernon Out of of all the books we had to read in 8th grade this was the one that stuck with me ever since.

message 20: by Ean (new)

Ean The Pearl by John Steinbeck

Beagle Lover (Avid Reader) (beaglelover55) | 158 comments Helter Skelter by V. Bugliosi. So detailed and horrific.

message 22: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (lulureads365) I have quite a few, but The Known World by Edward P. Jones is always in the forefront of my mind.

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sbrock36) | 17 comments A Walk to Remember, The Lovely Bones, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Secret Life of Bees to name a few.

message 24: by Vikas (new)

Vikas (vikaskhair) | 24 comments There are so many, I can't even start.

Jo (The Book Geek) | 5 comments Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo.

message 26: by Aneeza (new)

Aneeza (goodreadscomaneeza_rafiq) | 16 comments The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

message 27: by Abbi (new)

Abbi Mailvaganam  | 7 comments Love me with lies, Tarryn Fisher
Mud vein, Tarryn Fisher
It ends with us, Colleen Hoover
ToG, Sara J Maas

message 28: by Karin (new)

Karin This is a great question. I have chosen books I read when I was in high school that I not only remember reading, but I remember what they are about because these have stood the test of time. I say this having reread a couple of books in the past few years that I had NO memory of reading until I was well into the books! These are a range of books, in random order, from excellent to not very good at all!

The Ice People by René Barjavel
Where Nests the Water Hen by Gabrielle Roy
The House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier
The Once and Future King by T.H. White
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
My Darling, My Hamburger

There are more, but these are the first few that came to mind as I tried to think of things from more than one genre.

message 29: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (byefelicia08) | 2 comments Name A BOOK people!
For me it's The Kite Runner

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Old Magic by Marianne Curley
Both because of the book and the time I read it.
I read it in a time that was hard for me, and I hadent found any great books for a year after "swimming" in great books unntil this point. Reading this gem opened up a whole new world to me.
The plot, because the plot is so different from so much out there, it has both time travell and magic, a protagonist that is 100 % herself, multiple povs, a insanely scary villain(still when I reread it).
Its out of print now sadly, but try to find it used, or in the library, YOU WOUNT REGRET IT.

message 31: by Christina (new)

Christina Kakarouba (akingdomofbooks) | 6 comments The seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
It made me cry so much, It's more like I hope I never forget this book.

message 32: by Katie.dorny (new)

Katie.dorny (katiedorny) | 35 comments Beartown, Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe, Emily Dickinson’s poety

message 33: by mysticofworlds (new)

mysticofworlds | 668 comments The Book Thief, The Giver, Brave New World, It Ends With Us, White Fang, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games

Beagle Lover (Avid Reader) (beaglelover55) | 158 comments Helter Skelter and It

message 36: by Rima (new)

Rima Ben Hammadi | 159 comments the green Mile
The kite runner
The girl on the train

message 37: by Rima (new)

Rima Ben Hammadi | 159 comments Ce Que Le jour Doit à La Nuit

message 38: by Dilanya (new)

Dilanya Horrid Henry. Read it tons of yrs ago. Still in love w/ it.
Horrid Henry Got too addicted read the entire collection 😂

message 39: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia Aisatsana (anastasiaaisatsana) ,said the Shotgun to the Head by Saul Williams

message 40: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Robert Collins (stephenrobertcollins) | 99 comments Great Expectations by Charles Dickens read it at 14, 23,56, each time difference is the memory of when Read it the first time.

message 41: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Robert Collins (stephenrobertcollins) | 99 comments LOTR I read 11 times but It is always the happy school days sat in prep boarding school nights in 1968 that I go back to.
With lot of books it not just the book but The memory of seeing the face of your friends laughing or crying as The Balrog clams Gandalf.

message 42: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krysoul) | 3 comments Small Great Things

Unlike any book I've read!

message 43: by Aneeza (new)

Aneeza (goodreadscomaneeza_rafiq) | 16 comments Hunger by Roxane Gay. I still think about this book almost every day.

message 44: by Tashfa (new)

Tashfa  (tashfa) | 1 comments Everything Victoria Schwab has ever written, A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Harry Potter by JK Rowling, The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman and Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. These may seem like ordinary books to some but they impacted me in one way or another. Or perhaps helped me get through hard times. ☺

SheAintGotNoShoes 3 books read 40 odd years ago and have stuck with me every since.

1. Flowers for Algernon
2. The Outsiders
3. Rebecca

message 46: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Jimenez | 7 comments The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Hunger Games
Mockingjay
Catching Fire by Suzzane Collins
and
The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager

message 47: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Killer Angels by Michael Shaara

message 48: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 0 comments There are so many I could list but the one that came to mind first was Room by Emma Donoghue

message 49: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 1 comments The Things We Cannot Say by Kelly Rimmer

message 50: by Julia (new)

Julia Andersen | 7 comments The Kite Runner.

« previous 1 3