Play Book Tag discussion

Knitting Haggis
This topic is about Knitting Haggis
Archive: Other Books > Knitting Haggis by Lisa Stewart

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ShazM | 351 comments Peggy Drumm lives a humdrum life with her cat, Brian. She works at the lost property office of Edinburgh train station and visits her only family, her elderly father, in sheltered housing. Then she wins big on the lottery and everything changes. On behalf of the lottery company, the glamorous Sigrid swoops into Peggy's life in order to help her deal with the money though they each find the other a bit of a challenge at times! At the same time there are criminal shenanigans going on at the station with regard to an article of lost property.

This is a nice, easy read with a feel-good ending and Peggy is quite a touching character. The only let-down for me was that I couldn't work out what the point of the criminal stuff was but it could be me just missing it somehow!

message 2: by Theresa (last edited Dec 20, 2018 03:31PM) (new) - added it

Theresa | 6057 comments This had me at the title! Where, how did you find this one? Sounds delightful and just right as an entertaining light read.

ShazM | 351 comments Theresa wrote: "This had me at the title! Where, how dis you find this one? Sounds drlightful and just right as an entertaining light read."

Actually, I think GR had it pop up as a recommendation but I don't know what it was in response to. I liked the title too!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Good review! It's the title that really grabbed my attention.