Janet Evanovich Book Group discussion

Stephanie Plum Series > New book?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nounousa (new)

Nounousa | 2 comments Good morning everyone! I'm new in this community but big fan of this series. Finished all the books already. I know it's too early but i'm curious, is there another book planned or is it the last one? Sorry for my english..
Thank you in advance for your answer!

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 291 comments I'm sure there is a new book planned. 25 ended with a cliffhanger so I know there will be a 26. I hope the series goes on forever.

message 3: by Nounousa (new)

Nounousa | 2 comments Me too! Thank you for your answer.

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 8 comments Me too! Love this series! Though I do hope for another more Ranger centric book, like book 12 in the series.

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 291 comments Samantha wrote: "Me too! Love this series! Though I do hope for another more Ranger centric book, like book 12 in the series."

I have been waiting for a follow-up to that book ever since I read it! We learned so much about Ranger and he and Stephanie shared so much.

message 6: by Crystal-Rain (new)

Crystal-Rain Love (crystalrainlove) | 26 comments Yeah, Books 12-22 showed a steady increase in Ranger revealing more of himself to Stephanie and confessing his feelings, even saying he thought about marrying her sometimes... then it's like she thought "Oh I have to keep the triangle going for the fans" and made him close back up. Drives me nuts. Ranger and Steph are so perfect for each other. Joe is just... there. Besides, he dumps her for stupid reasons, they fight all the time, and who wants to deal with his evil grandmother? Honestly, after Bella shot at Stephanie and all Joe did was say sorry I was through with him for good.
There's definitely going to be another book after the way 25 ended. I am getting worried though as Janet ages. I hope she has books queued up since they tend to only release one a year. I thought of her when Sue Grafton passed just before she could finish what was to be the last book in her alphabet series. :(

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 8 comments I agree Crystal!!! To me Ranger is the obvious choice. He doesn’t try to change Stephanie unlike Morelli. And Ranger’s description is way hotter 😜

message 8: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 291 comments I have the same fears. I really wish Sue Grafton's family would have found a writer to finish it, but only if Sue left an outline for the last one. JE has had a great career and, God willing, there are many years left.

Joe vs. Ranger - I've almost always been Team Ranger. He accepts Stephanie the way she is. I think it is Stephanie who hangs on to Joe, because that is who her family wants for her and despite being an independent woman, she want to please her family.

message 9: by Crystal-Rain (new)

Crystal-Rain Love (crystalrainlove) | 26 comments Hmmm... Grandma Mazur seems to prefer Ranger. :)
I wouldn't want anyone else to finish the series. That happened with Valley of the Dolls. I loved Valley of the Dolls. Jacqueline Susann died but started Return to the Valley of the Dolls and left an outline for some other author and I really wish I had never read that second book. It ruined everything.
It really seemed like she was moving forward with Ranger & Stephanie but then it was like someone said "Oh no you can't do that because there are actually some people who prefer Morelli." It's like she's trying to please everyone which is sad because Steph and Joe make NO SENSE together. :(

message 10: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 291 comments Joe and Stephanie already act like an old married couple. I don't see the spark that was there in the early books of this series.

message 11: by Crystal-Rain (new)

Crystal-Rain Love (crystalrainlove) | 26 comments Yeah, Anita, when I started the series I liked Morelli and couldn't wait for them to get together, then they did and Ranger started hitting on her and I was like "No, no, don't like love triangles, get outta here!!!!" BUT for the first time EVER I wanted a heroine to kick guy #1 to the curb and take guy #2 because Ranger has shown way more actual LOVE for her and they fit better. Morelli has said and done too many stupid things and other than sex, I don't see him ever wanting anything else from her. And he breaks up with her all the time and has that whole "You can date other guys, just not Ranger" thing... because he KNOWS Ranger is who he'd lose her to.

message 12: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 291 comments JE needs to do something to shake up the current status in this series. This flirting with Ranger and running back to Joe is getting old. I always said I like the book formula just fine, but I do wish something would change. Maybe a new guy? Diesel, maybe? I don't know, but something needs to change.

message 13: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 291 comments I got an e-mail newsletter from Janet Evanovich this morning and the new book title is, Drum Roll please, Twisted Twenty-Six. Goodreads hasn't even updated this info yet. Publication set for November, 2019.