What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > short story, possible sci-fi dystopian genre, about a dying world, has an energy pyramid and a mention of a doom bell.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TheShoe (new)

TheShoe | 1 comments I am looking for a short story I read in a science fiction collection a couple of years back. The collection was used so I don't remember the release date. The short story was about a post apocalyptic world and was told from the prospective of a man how saw a bit of his past lives. there is a pyramid that protects the human city, I think it was some sort of energy field and the pyramid was a natural occurrence, I think. there are monsters outside of the human city, creatures that are humanoid, a doom bell, and giants that are moving so slowly that the movement is almost imperceivable.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
TheShoe ~~
You can bump your thread every month or so. Thhis keeps your thread close to the top of the Unsolved folder where more people are likely to see it. Right now you're languising on page 79.
Bump!

Justanotherbiblophile | 1756 comments There is something in the horror genre like this. I think the sun has gone out, and there are monsters in the dark, and slowly moving giants (one a cyclops with a laser as an eye), other cities have fallen, but there may still be secret knowledge which might allow them to go on, by fueling the protective pyramid.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4165 comments It's not short story, but The Night Land sounds similar.