Romance Retreat discussion

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K. (new)

K. Bromberg (kbromberg) | 9 comments Are you over them in romance books? I keep reading that readers are burned out on sex scenes and they skip over them . . . Do you skip them or do you reread them?

message 2: by Kali (new)

Kali McQuillen (kalimcq) | 7 comments I read them, I certainly don't skip them. I don't reread them unless I'm rereading the book. :)

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifershiflett) | 253 comments I read them. The only time I skip anything is when I am having a hard time staying interested in the book. Then I will skim certain parts.

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Stacy Ross (sweetheartreads) | 1 comments NEVER! I love the build up to the sex scenes and the sex scenes themselves. I never reread the sex scene unless i'm rereading the book. A romance book just isn't the same without at least 1 hot sex scene. It's all part of the fantasy for me.

message 5: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle | 98 comments I read them. I need to have at least one good sexy time in the book and if there are more, I am good with that too. I don't reread them unless I am rereading the book. I only skip over parts of the book if I am having a hard time staying interested in it and I don't want to not finish it so I will skim over it til I am at the end. At least I can say that i did finish the book even though I didn't like it that much.

message 6: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Fog (fionaandbuffy) | 75 comments Some authors can nail a sex scene and make it fantastic some are a hit and miss. I love the connection that's created with the leads.

message 7: by Laetitia (new)

Laetitia | 1 comments I always read them, but some authors drag the sex scenes out and you just have to skip them. But when they're good I can't help but reread them.

message 8: by Shirl (new)

Shirl (goodreadscomshirlt) | 54 comments Always read them... When looking at a new book and trying to decide if I want to read it I always make sure it's for adults and if someone who has already reviewed it says there is hot sex in it then it's for me.

B. C. Booklover (bcbooklover) | 367 comments I dont ever want to read another 'sweet and clean' novel by accident again! I love super steamy love scenes and prefer the over 18 warnings in my books..lol..I love dark and dirty..give it alllll to me! NOT over it, never will be either!

message 10: by Radd Reader (new)

Radd Reader | 80 comments I’m a little in the minority here as I seem to be skipping them lately. Mostly because the scenes lack originality. I’ll start out reading the scene, but if I see it’s just going to be a repeat of something I’ve read before, I’m disappointed and I skip.

message 11: by Shel (new)

Shel | 23 comments I read them because sometimes there are pertinent conversations in them, which I am not fond of. I prefer the important things to come after or before the couple get lost in passion. Like Radd Reader, if it is too repetitive I am not happy. But, I will skim through to see if any important info is in there. If it drags on for half a chapter I will get bored. I like an author who can use creative imagery to get the scene across not just blatant word use.

message 12: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Hunter | 24 comments As a reader, I sometimes I skip over sex scenes when it's just sex and not also an emotional development for the characters. I skim when the sex is more like a reward for a milestone in a relationship instead of the actual process of bringing the couple closer--does that make sense? As a writer I try to make each sex scene uncover something new between the couple.