2019 Resolution Group discussion

Be Healthy > Lose Weight

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) I'm hoping to lose a significant amount of weight this year. Hoping to have some weight loss buddies.

message 2: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) I'll be your buddy! I lost a lot of weight this year because I was sick, but now that I'm better, I don't want to gain it back.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aly wrote: "I'll be your buddy! I lost a lot of weight this year because I was sick, but now that I'm better, I don't want to gain it back."

Boo for sick. Happy for weight loss. :)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) My goals a pretty simple to start with.

Walk once a day for about 15 min. (/31)
Eat a new type of veggie or fruit each month. (/1)
Lose about a 1lbs a week. Or 0.5kgs. For a total of about 52 pounds or 24 kgs.

message 5: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "I'll be your buddy! I lost a lot of weight this year because I was sick, but now that I'm better, I don't want to gain it back."

Boo for sick. Happy for weight loss. :)"

Right? Losing weight was the only upside.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "I'll be your buddy! I lost a lot of weight this year because I was sick, but now that I'm better, I don't want to gain it back."

Boo for sick. Happy for weight loss. ..."

I lost weight too when I was sick a few years back. Had to get my gallbladder out. Gained it back though. I also recently lost 10 pounds but I'm gaining it back. :(

message 7: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "I'll be your buddy! I lost a lot of weight this year because I was sick, but now that I'm better, I don't want to gain it back."

Boo for sick. Happy for w..."

The holidays make it really hard. This month my work has had treats almost every day and it's hard to resist.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "I'll be your buddy! I lost a lot of weight this year because I was sick, but now that I'm better, I don't want to gain it back."

Boo for..."

Mine is the lack of exercise mostly. It's too cold to go outside and there's no room for a treadmill in my house. :/

message 9: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "I'll be your buddy! I lost a lot of weight this year because I was sick, but now that I'm better, I don't want to gain it bac..."

Yeah it's definitely cold. I walk my dog still, but I hate it lol. She's hyper though so if I don't go she terrorizes me. Good motivation at least

message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "I'll be your buddy! I lost a lot of weight this year because I was sick, but now that I'm better, I don't w..."

I need a dog. I'm hoping to get one in April when I move out. My dog helped me get some exercise at least. :)

message 11: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "I'll be your buddy! I lost a lot of weight this year because I was sick, but now that I'm bette..."

Yay I love dogs :)

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Aly wrote: "I'll be your buddy! I lost a lot of weight this year because I was sick, but ..."

I'm hoping mine will be an emotional support dog. Help me with getting out. :)

message 13: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments I don't need to lose any weight, but I will be a cheerleader for you guys! And I definitely need to exercise more.

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) C.P. wrote: "I don't need to lose any weight, but I will be a cheerleader for you guys! And I definitely need to exercise more."

So you can join in on the healthy part rather than the lose weight part. ^-^

message 15: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments Yes, definitely. Maybe a weekly hike is in order. At least I get a bit of walking at work. And with the horses, even when I don't ride.

message 16: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) C.P. wrote: "Yes, definitely. Maybe a weekly hike is in order. At least I get a bit of walking at work. And with the horses, even when I don't ride."

Sounds great! We can even post to our instagram or something to help inspire us to do both! ^-^

message 17: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments That's a good idea!

message 18: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) C.P. wrote: "That's a good idea!"

You guys will get some pics of Spain then. lol. That's where my mom wants to go this year. :)

message 19: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments Ooooh, that sounds fun! I am hoping that I can at least get up to Canada this year. And hopefully Ireland and/or Scotland in the next couple of years.

message 20: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Dec 19, 2018 10:08AM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) C.P. wrote: "Ooooh, that sounds fun! I am hoping that I can at least get up to Canada this year. And hopefully Ireland and/or Scotland in the next couple of years."

Where in Canada? Vancouver is nice for weather and I think hiking? Ontario would probably be better for fishing or something. Or maybe cultural since we have the capitol?

Those places sound nice. My mom usually chooses warm spots so we never go anywhere cold. ^_^

message 21: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments Not sure yet. Toronto is only about a twelve hour drive, so maybe somewhere near there. But if I end up going to Boston or Maine, then maybe somewhere closer to those.

message 22: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Toronto is great! Lots of homeless people though and like any big city a bit dirty. But so much happening. I think there is a super huge bookstores still there. I went a few years ago.

message 23: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments Yeah, I would expect that. And I like to find bookstores when I travel. Or thrift stores.

message 24: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) C.P. wrote: "Yeah, I would expect that. And I like to find bookstores when I travel. Or thrift stores."

According to this article you might like TYPE books.

https://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_be...

message 25: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) Exciting! I really want to go to Iceland in September, but we'll see. Spain and Canada are both on my travel bucket list

message 26: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments Ooooh, I want to go to Iceland! That might be one of my next ones too. If I can make it happen.

message 27: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Iceland is the warm one right?

message 28: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments Not warm, but I guess warmer than Greenland.

message 29: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) Well, if you go in September the average temperature is 50° F so not too bad. Plus that's a good time to see the northern lights

message 30: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) OOOH. If you do end up going do Instagram pics of the northern lights!

message 31: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments Yeah, it has seasons, so probably some nice weather at certain times. My sister and I thought about doing a layover there when we were going to London, but it would have been in the middle of the night.

The northern lights would be cool!

message 32: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) Definitely I'll take pics. I just have to convince someone to go with me ;)

message 33: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments I'll join in some weight loss. I need it.
Desired Goals:
-Lose 1 lb a week (52 lbs by end of 2019)
-Go for a 2 block walk 2-3 times a week.
-Use eliptical for at least 15 minutes a day on days off. 10 minutes when not a full shift.

Due to meds weight lose might be harder than I hope so I will accept 3 lbs a month (36 lbs a year) but still going to try for 1 a week average. But if I can't lose 3 lbs a month I need to have a consequence.
My grandmother is setting a reward for the lose though. For every 10 lbs I lose she will buy me a new outfit. :) Debating a spa day if I make the year goal or something...

message 34: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Jamie wrote: "I'll join in some weight loss. I need it.
Desired Goals:
-Use eliptical for at least 15 minutes a day on days of..."

Oooh we have the same weight goal! Lol. ^-^

message 35: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Goals and rewards are definitely good. Mine is being able to get a pet (as I have to walk a dog) and 1 dollar for every pound lost to go to books.

message 36: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Jamie wrote: "I'll join in some weight loss. I need it.
Desired Goals:
-Use eliptical for at least 15 minutes a ..."

It is a good goal. A bit challenging but do-able.

message 37: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Goals and rewards are definitely good. Mine is being able to get a pet (as I have to walk a dog) and 1 dollar for every pound lost to go to books."

I think more goes to books each year than what I could possibly lose lol. I have little restraint there. My husband suggested only getting a book when I lose 5 lbs or something. Might okay that for new books or 1 book for a lb for used but not sure yet.

message 38: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Jamie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Jamie wrote: "I'll join in some weight loss. I need it.
Desired Goals:
-Use eliptical for at l..."

Some people aim for 2 pounds a week so I think we are both setting a good goal. 2 pounds is like I am desperate to lose weight and will do ANYTHING. 1 pound is like I'm serious but won't risk killing myself trying to lose it.

message 39: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Jamie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Goals and rewards are definitely good. Mine is being able to get a pet (as I have to walk a dog) and 1 dollar for every pound lost to go to books."

I think more goes to books eac..."

True. But one of my goals is to also not spend on books as much so I think losing weight is a good goal for that. ^-^

message 40: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Goals and rewards are definitely good. Mine is being able to get a pet (as I have to walk a dog) and 1 dollar for every pound lost to go to books."

I think more goe..."

It is. :)

message 41: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Chelsea wrote: "I've been going to the gym a lot lately, so I have some gym-specific goals. The numbers in parentheses are what I'm currently lifting. I need to bench tomorrow to see where I'm at.

– lose 40 lbs t..."

Those are some great goals!

message 42: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) I think I lost a pound!

I’m slimming down at least! :)

message 43: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Anna 'Bookbuyer' call me bookbuyer. ^-^ wrote: "I think I lost a pound!

I’m slimming down at least! :)"

YAY!! Great job!

I was down 4 lbs but this last weekend was bad so I am scared to get back on the scales...

message 44: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) Yay good for you both!