What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA - Teenagers, gods, maybe time travel? And a quetzalcoatl

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ty (new)

Ty Cabezas | 3 comments The book came out earlier than 2011, probably some time after 2002. I read it somewhere in that range and I believe it was the only one out in the series when I read it. The paperback cover was a light blue framing with a more detailed image in the framed area, and had quetzalcoatl on it.

From what I can remember the plot centered around a small number of teenagers after time froze and then they were either sent forward in time or sent to a different planet, but I'm pretty sure it's the time travel option. There were no or very few people left, and they were chosen to represent certain gods and were supposed to participate in a battle royale fight to the death type thing to be the planets primary god. The book was a part of a series and the fight didn't happen in this book. I also think all the teenagers were in different parts of the world except for two of them that happened to already know each other. One of the teenagers may have ridden the (a?) quetzalcoatl at some point.

message 2: by Ty (new)

Ty Cabezas | 3 comments Thinking back I think that it might have been a quetzal on the front cover, not a quetzalcoatl. I know the book had the theme of gods and the thing on the front was green and red, but I'm not so sure if it was the quetzal or quetzalcoatl now.

message 3: by Ty (new)

Ty Cabezas | 3 comments No, that's not it. It doesn't actually have quetzal in the name, there's just one on the front cover haha. If there was a way I could search for a book by cover I'd probably be able to find it, but the one defining feature I remember about the cover isn't a part of the namesake.

message 4: by Luca (new)

Luca Masters (lkbm) | 1 comments Search for Senna (Everworld series) by KA Applegate sounds similar (as best I can recall). No time travel, though.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Ty ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 81 where far fewer eyes will see it.
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!