2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Extinguished (Titanium Security, #4)
This topic is about Extinguished
Extinguished > Question K

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
The takedown of Malik was tension filled and nerve wracking. What did you think of the entire scene from when they took their positions through when they forced Malik back into the caves? What stood out the most for you? Were you concerned that the team was outnumbered?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments It was a wonderful sequence and I loved it. The Team discovers the whole thing is a trap. Malik thinks he is going to win. The shooting of the escape vehicles and Makil's desperate flee through the caves. Just great writing. I was concerned they were outnumbered and was relieved when they started to retreat.

It was wonderful for me, too, Anita! It was brilliantly written as I felt like I was right there, feeling the fear and watching everything in real time. She didn’t take any shortcuts. I don’t think I took a deep breath until it was all over.

I especially liked getting Malik’s point of view, too. That scene where he returns to the caves after Blake took out his vehicle was extraordinary. Couldn’t you just see the crowd of men all desperately trying to figure a way out and that beast Malik treating them like dirt. It was amazing.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments I agree. Malik had no respect for the fighters willing to give their lives for his cause. What a piece of slime.

He was appalling.

Laura | 383 comments This scene was great. It wouldnt have worked without Malik's point of view of what went on in the cave. I'm guessing his buddy will turn up to take over the cause or bust him out. We didn't find out what happened to him. I feel like he has unfinished business with Jordyn somehow.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 101 comments I loved this scene. The author made me feel as if I was there witnessing all that happened. I loved when Malik realized that Jordyn was a woman! I think this story is not over with Malik. I think he has unfinished business with Jordyn too, Laura.

I think you’re right, Karen.