Play Book Tag discussion

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories
This topic is about My True Love Gave to Me
Archive: Other Books > My True Love Gave to Me, by 12 YA authors- 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments A quick, fun selection of YA short stories. Some were amazing-5 stars, some lost me so badly I almost abandoned them- 0/5. A "medium" 3 star rating. The strong stories will stay with me, Rainbow Rowell's, Jenny Han's, maybe it's author bias- but I tended to enjoy the authors I knew more of than the others.

-Midnights by Rainbow Rowell: 5/5. Cute, strong start. Considering I'm pretty mixed with Rowell, this makes me thing she can build characters really well given the shortness.

-The Lady and the Fox by Kelly Link: 0/5. This weird paranormalness, I couldn't even understand.

-Angels in the Snow by Matt de la Pena: 4/5- Took me a while to get into, but I really liked the characters, and their building relationship. Reminded me of the movie

-Polaris is Where You'll Find Me by Jenny Han: 5/5- SURPRISE! There is a story about a Korean-adopter in this book!!

-It's a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins: 5/5- One of my favorites.

-Your Temporary Santa by David Levithan: 2/5. Yay for a LGBT story, but nothing really happened here...

-Krampuslauf by Holly Black: 2/5- I was fine with this until the weird ending.

-What the Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth? by Gayle Forman: 5/5- Love the inclusion, even if the Hannakuh was a bit forced.

-Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus by Myra McEntire: 2/5-I'll probably forget what happened in this one in like 2 days.

-Welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White: 3/5. This just seemed like a YA version of Waitress...Cute, but literally the exact same plot.

-Star of Bethlehem by Ally Carter: 4/5- Unbelievable- but cute.

-The Girl Who Woke the Dreamer by Laini Taylor 3/5. I liked the premise of this, the 24 gifts for a suitor, and her rebellion. I wasn't super into the whole "dating a demi-god" thing.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 8528 comments I just loved this one, that I read last year for for fall flurries! Some of the stories were really great. I mean you can’t love them all, but I remember liking a lot of them.

message 3: by Charlotte (new) - added it

Charlotte | 1581 comments Ill be adding this to my TBR for Fall Flurries next year!!

message 4: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments Amy wrote: "I just loved this one, that I read last year for for fall flurries! Some of the stories were really great. I mean you can’t love them all, but I remember liking a lot of them."

I'll be interested in seeing which ones I actually remember in a year! Lol.