2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Extinguished (Titanium Security, #4)
This topic is about Extinguished
Extinguished > Question B

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Blake returns 7 months later to ask Jordyn to consider joining their task force. Deep down, do you think they both really wanted to explore the possibilities of a relationship? Why did Blake volunteer to make the trip and deliver the offer?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments I think that Blake showing up with the job offer was his pathetic attempt to reconnect with her. It was a very chicken thing to do. He couldn't seem to man up and face her after he ran and the job gave him the excuse he needed to see her again.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Deep down, Blake cared deeply for Jordyn but felt he’d taken advantage of her and felt guilty for making a move on his dead friend’s sister. The job offer gave him a legitimate opportunity to see her without dealing with the past.

I’m not sure it was a chicken thing to do but he was definitely in his head. He never considered Jordyn was interested in him and he didn’t know how to repair their friendship.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments Would he have ever contacted her if this job hadn't come up? I call going seven months without a word a chicken. If he was so wrapped up in his guilt that he missed that she was just as into him as he was into her, he wasn't considering what his running away might make her feel.

Laura | 383 comments I agree he used the job to reconnect with her and her family. 7 months is too long to wait to make amends. She should have thrown a wrench at his head in the garage.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments YES! She would have been justified doing that.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 101 comments I do agree that 7 months is a really long time without making amends with her. But I think deep down he believed that he didn't deserve a relationship with Jordyn. I think the job offer gave him the opportunity to try and repair their friendship (which is all he thought they could ever have).

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments Men can be so stupid. He totally missed that she kissed him back, instead of screaming and slapping him. If she had, he would have known for sure that she wasn't into him.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 101 comments I agree, Anita...lol. They can be so intelligent in some ways but so dumb in others!