Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Welcome & Introductions! > Introduce Yourself 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 188 (188 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Dec 18, 2018 02:25PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30933 comments Mod

Welcome to NBRC!

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. We value our members and look forward to discussing books and meeting others who share our love of reading. Take some time to look around and enjoy. To see and understand how this group works, check out our Welcome to the Group post by CLICKING HERE . We've attempted to create an atmosphere that's warm, welcoming, and fun. Hopefully we've succeeded. While we may lay the ground work for the group, we know it's our members who truly make this group Rock. So thanks everyone for joining the group. :)

If you're not sure what to say, here's a little questionnaire that should help you tell us a little bit about yourself.

Birthday:
Favorite Book(s):
Favorite Book Genre:
Favorite Author:
Favorite Color:
Favorite Food:
Any Pets:
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be:
Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because....

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber | 16 comments I hope I'm not the only new member here, but I'll start this off. My name is Amber and I live in northern Virginia, USA. I've not been part of book clubs or reading challenges before, but I've decided to dive into it this year as it looked like fun and then I got sucked in and my to-read shelf exploded. I'm always on the look for new and interesting books to read. I'm mainly doing the PopSugar Challenge right now, but I'm hoping to add some other books in that either fit across challenges or give me a break.

Birthday: Has just passed, it was 12/28/1980. Yes that sucked growing up.

Favorite Book(s): That's like asking me to pick a favorite child. But some of the books that I love that I'll go back and read and re-read and read again are The Harry Potter Series. I'm actually planning a re-read of that this year. The Giver, The Outsiders, Where the Red Fern Grows, Bridge to Terabithia are some others. Though I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Favorite Book Genre: I'll try just about anything, though I prefer not to read non-fiction as reading is my escape. I do gravitate towards YA, stuff set in space, urban fantasy, and dystopian fiction.

Favorite Author: I'm not sure I can accurately answer this one. I really do love Libba Bray, but I bounce around so much and I can't say I have specific authors I follow. I've just discovered Seanan McGuire and I suspect she'll become a favorite.

Favorite Color: Green and Orange

Favorite Food: I have a massive sweet tooth, though I'm finding as I get older I like the idea of sweets more than the actuality of it, they're all just a little too sweet. Does coffee count? I really love seafood, but I dislike sushi and fish.

Any Pets: I have an orange cat named Blaze, a mutt puppy named Flint, and an inherited elderly chocolate Lab named Dakota. I would happily have more cats, but my wife adamantly opposes. Do kids count here? I have 4 of those as well.

If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: I've been fortunate enough to live in a number of places. Unfortunately that means it is difficult to answer this question because there are so many places in the world I want to visit and live. Right now I think I would have to say Japan simply because it's on my bucket list and I haven't gotten a chance to go yet.

Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because.... I got a gift card to Barnes and Noble from my son for Christmas and then spent half of my birthday trawling through buying far more than the allowance on the card to stuff my bookcase that is already overflowing. Then I joined far too many clubs on Bookreads and would rather be curled in front of my fireplace reading than working, which is what I should be doing.

My goal right now is to read all the books I've just bought and hope they fit challenge prompts before hitting up the library for more and more booky goodness.

So far this year I have read:
Sisters Like Us (Mischief Bay, #4) by Susan Mallery Pulp by Robin Talley

I am currently reading:
The Woman in the Woods (Charlie Parker, #16) by John Connolly

Unfortunately I discovered after buying the above book that it was part of a series that is honestly best read in order. I will probably now have to go back and read said series from the beginning. Oh darn.

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome to our group Amber!
Someone always has to start us off; thanks !

Happy belated birthday! I agree having a birthday at that time sucks! ( Mine is the day after yours)

~L

message 4: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Cumpson | 3 comments Hi my name is Jessie Cumpson. I live in Lawrenceville, GA.
My birthday is 9/24/1960.
I have more than one favorite book. The bible, Little Women, Gone with the Wind.
Favorite book genres: christian romance, amish, suspense
Favorite author: Wanda Brunsetter, Janet Dailey and a few others
Favorite colors: blue, pink, purples
Favorite food: mexican, italian
Pets:silky terrier dog named peanut. She is a spoiled little girl.
If i could live any where in the world it would be either by the ocean again or the mountains
I know i am a book addict because i own a whole room full of books and still buy more

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Jessie! Nice to have you with us! Lol .. sounds like you have a book addiction!

message 6: by Katy (new)

Katy (faerie_reader) | 7 comments Hi my name is Katy Lyn and I live in Palmer, MA. My birthday is February 12.
Favorites Books - hmmm how to choose? I think my answer to this is highly dependent on the mood I am honestly. The Harry Potter books will always be a fav because I read them to my daughter every night for years and it became the thing we bonded over. She is 24 now and she still talks about our Harry Potter nights. For me personally, I love Ride the Wind, the Outlander series, and the clan of the cave bears series.
Favorite Genre - lately it has been YA fantasy, dystopian, and historical fiction, with a side addiction to borderline smut paranormal romance.
I don't have a favorite author as I will read just about anything, but I did recently read ACOTAR series and became a fan of Sarah Maas.
Favorite color is purple.
Favorite food - does chocolate count?
If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be somewhere in a forest with a bubbling brook lush fields and majestic trees. I love the log homes in the Gatlinburg TN area and rented one a few years back for a surprise vacation for hubby's 50th. I did not want to leave.
I know I am a book addict because I have been one for my entire life and it is our family joke that plans are always subject to change if I am in the middle of a good read.

message 7: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Katy Lyn!

( chocolate sure does count!)

message 8: by Book Addict (new)

Book Addict *D* | 1 comments Hello everyone!

My name is Diana, I'm 23 years old and I'm Bulgarian. Most of you probably don't know that Bulgaria exists, but it is a small beautiful country in Europe.

Birthday: 30th of July
Favorite Book(s): That's the most difficult question ever. I can't pick one, I can't even pick 10.
Favorite Book Genre: Fantasy, Y/A, romance and anything that has LGBTQ+ characters
Favorite Author: J.R. Ward, Brandon Sanderson, Holly Black, Cassandra Clare and many more
Favorite Color: Blue and Black
Favorite Food: Chinese, Burgers
Any Pets: A yorkie named Dara.
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: A place where the forests meets the sea so I can get the best of both worlds.
Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because I spend every free minute reading, listening to audiobooks, taking about books or attending book club meetings.

message 9: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome to the group Diana!

message 10: by Kim (new)

Kim | 19 comments Hi everyone! I'm a 29 year old from belgium. I've mostly kept to myself on GR, reading on my own under a cozy blanket without really discussing anything I read. In 2019 however I want to be more involved and share more with other members. Also, I'm hoping this will be a good way to discover new books. And I'm competitive, so yeah, challenges do seem like they could be my thing :)

Birthday: 8 March
Favorite Book(s): difficult since it kind of depends on my mood. But I think "A Wild Sheep Chase" By Haruki Murakami might be a good candidate
Favorite Book Genre: ghost stories
Favorite Author: also difficult, I will keep up with my favourite book choice and go for Haruki Murakami
Favorite Color: green
Favorite Food: French Fries
Any Pets: 2 goldfish: Spartacus and Marc Anthony, 1 rabbit: Bunny, 2 cats: Whiskey and Dexter (Dexter still lives with my mom)
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: a houwe with a library
Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because I can curl up with a book for hours and think about the characters even though I'm not reading at that particular moment. I'm more involved with the story than through any other medium.

message 11: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Kim!

There are lots of challenges, buddy reads and BOM's to discuss books!

Maybe here is a good place to start: Around The World

message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara | 15 comments I guess I should have introduced myself earlier.....but it is better late than never right? I have been in this group for a couple of months but finally read and joined one the Book of the Month discussions and enjoyed it last month. I finished my degree during the summer so I got away from reading, which I always have enjoyed so this seemed like a good way to find new books that I may enjoy. So to answer a few of these questions...

My birthday is June 5, 1978 and my favorite color is green. I honestly can't say what my favorite food is....I love German food (which is great because I am moving there this upcoming summer), Thai, Indian, Korean (just moved from Seoul last year), Italian, Mexican....etc. You get the picture...I am not that picky and love different types of food.

I do have three boys ages 17, 14 and 12 and I have one dog as well - a rescue black lab mix who is a bit on the crazy puppy side.

As far as favorite books, I don't have one....I love many different books so there is not a favorite. While I haven't read it in awhile, The Help was a book that I enjoyed a lot. As far as favorite authors go, I don't really have one of those either. I like a variety of books by a variety of authors. And my favorite book genre is also a variety - I am not the biggest fan of the straight romance novels nor the science fiction novels (however there are exception), and I tend to be drawn to those that I just enjoy the character and can relate or understand where they are coming from.

I guess I know I'm a book addict because I can't decide my favorite book, my favorite genre and my favorite author as I like a lot of them!!!

message 13: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Hello Sara! Welcome to our group!

Nomadic Librarian (sgpeters) Hi all!

I have been a bibliophile since my elementary school years. During my child-rearing years, it was a challenge to read anything beyond children's books. However, in 1993, I went back to school for my MS in Library and Information Science and have been a school librarian since 1999. My biggest challenge is reading books that aren't outrageously popular (think Harry Potter, Hunger Games, etc.), but that are great standalones I can recommend to my students. In 2016, I joined the selection committee for the 2017 CT Nutmeg High School Book Awards as a way to force myself to read more. We had to read 85 YA and Adults for YA books over 10 months and choose 10 nominees for teenagers statewide to vote on. It was a great experience, and really kick-started my YA reading.

In addition to books I read for school, I also enjoy adult realistic and historical fiction...and my guilty pleasures (chick lit romance novels). I spent the last 2 years in Berlin, Germany and, thanks to my CT library card access to Overdrive and my 2+ hour daily train commute, I read about 300-400 pages per day. In 2018, I read over 350 books!

This account is my personal one that has ALL of the books I've read (that I can remember) or want to read, but I also have a professional one I set up for my school that enables me to share with students and staff: polybookclub

Thanks to my quick perusal of this group's posts yesterday, I was introduced to NetGalley. I went overboard last night requesting titles, so now I have about 20 I'm ready to read. I'm excited to be a part of this group.

Birthday: June 8 (a true gemini)
Favorite Book(s): Child: Make Way for Ducklings, Teen: Little Women, Adult: Thornbirds and Outlander Series, Current YA: I'll Give You The Sun
Favorite Book Genre: Realistic, historical, chick lit
Favorite Author(s): Diana Gabaldon, Christina Lauren, Jandy Nelson (too many to mention)
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Food: Anything that combines chocolate and cream; also Italian, Indian, Greek, Thai....
Any Pets: Not anymore
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: I've lived all over the US (CT, RI, MN, TX, FL and now CA) as well as 2 years in Berlin, Germany. I hope to retire to either Italy, Spain or Portugal (somewhere near the water)
Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because books have been my lifelong passion (and friend), and I love the opportunity to tune out the crazy world around us. They make us smarter, too!!! It's also a great way for me to help kids through bibliotherapy.

message 15: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome to the group Sarah! Happy to have you join us

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (ahuntsbe) Hi! I’m Amanda. I live in Central PA and am a pastor 😁 I’m actually part of a clergy couple - my husband is a pastor as well (different churches - we don’t work together 😉).

Birthday - December 28th. I saw the first poster this year had the same birthday. It’s always a whirl of a time.
Favorite Book(s) - This is really hard for me. In general, I can never pick favorites of anything. I suppose, of the books I’ve read lately, my favorite has been Accidental Saints by Nadia Bolz-Weber.
Favorite Book Genre - I am pretty all over the place. I tend to read a lot of theology because of my job, but I also like to read for fun - some fiction, a little romance, maybe some mystery.
Favorite Author - I’m back to not being able to pick favorites. I do like Jodi Piccoult
Favorite Color - Blue. Lots of different shades of blue
Favorite Food - Ice Cream. No doubt.
Any Pets - We have a rescue dog. His name is Levi and he is part Corgi, part Beagle, part who knows. We rescued him almost seven years ago and he is our child. Completely spoiled 😁
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be in the mountains. Maybe by a lake. I like solitude and nature.
I know I’m a book addict when our built in shelves along the entire wall in our office are filled and overflowing with books.

So, all that and I’m excited to be here. Looking forward to the challenges and games!

message 17: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Amanda! Happy to have you join us!

message 18: by Shea (new)

Shea | 1 comments Hi, everyone!

I'm Shea and currently live in Birmingham, AL (US). Been a Goodreads member for about a decade and wanted to join some new groups this year. I love challenges, so here seems like a good fit!

Birthday: September 20, 1984

Favorite Book(s): Emma, Revolution, Career of Evil, Ready Player One, Eating Animals

Favorite Book Genre: Currently mystery/thrillers. It changes every few years though.

Favorite Author: Isa Chandra Moskowitz (Best vegan cookbook author ever!)

Favorite Color: Yellow

Favorite Food: Popcorn (This is often my dinner.)

Any Pets: Nope.

If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: Somewhere near a beach. I love the water.

Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because I get anxious when I don't know what I'm reading next. Thus explaining my love of challenges. I maintain challenge lists for the month, season, & year.

message 19: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Hello Shea!

Welcome to the group!

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 8 comments Hi everyone! My name is Lisa and I’m from Philadelphia, PA. I have been on GB for a few years now and I haven’t joined any groups until now. I don’t really talk too much so I’m keeping this short.

Birthday: May 15, 1992

Favorite book(s): I’ve read too many books to be able to pick but if you say a criteria is how many times I’ve reread a book it would be the Artemis Fowl series

Favorite Book Genre: I don’t really pick books based on genres because I pick books on what seems interesting to me but when I go to a bookstore I usually always look in the sections for mystery, history, and true crimes.

Favorite Author: Preston & Child

Favorite Color: red

Favorite Food: pizza

Any Pets: no

If I Could Live Anywhere in the World It Would Be: anywhere warm (practical) Walt Disney World (impractical)

Finish the Line: I Know I’m a Book Addict Because: even though I have 5 bookcases, a bench ottoman, and 2 nightstands full of books I still need to read, I still look for new books to read

message 21: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Lisa!

message 22: by Meg (last edited Mar 20, 2019 10:45AM) (new)

Meg (makeli2) | 91 comments Hello! I'm Meg from (usually) sunny California. I just joined the group and am taking some time to poke around. I love reading challenges and am excited by a couple that I've seen here so far. I may start simple and go from there.

My birthday is in April (go Taurus)
Favorite Book(s): It would take awhile to pick just one!
Favorite Book Genre: Cozy mysteries; mysteries; romantic suspense. I also love collecting children's hardbacks, though I've had to put a hold on that due to space. 😒
Favorite Author(s): I'm quite loyal to J. D. Robb and Jayne Ann Krentz, come what may. I've been reading both of them for umpteen years. Deborah Brown and Rhys Bowen are more "recent" finds (just a few years now).
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Food: Many, unfortunately for me! Mmm. Homemade, cheesy mac n cheese with panko topping. Flame grilled hamburgers. Loaded Caesar salads. Hawaiian food, Filipino food. Italian, Chinese...
Any Pets: My little [doggy] boy Boo, plus Knightly and Missy, my two mellow cats
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: Maui! Everything about it absolutely works for me. The sea, beaches, weather, the people, the slow and easy way of life.
Finish the line I know I'm a book addict because: I can never stop buying books despite a humongous TBR mountain. It's a good thing I switched to ereaders a few years ago as I've run out of shelves, tables, closets, nooks and crannies, to stash physical books (aka treasures). And even more than that I can't seem to give up any of them.

message 23: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Meg!

message 24: by Katie (new)

Katie Rickman (katiej1991) Hi everyone, my name is Katie. I live in UK and I’m new to all of this. I made myself a goal to read more books this year rather than spending time on technology etc.

My birthday is November, so it’s a good time of year to cosy up with a good book and candles.

My favourite books that I have read this year are; Chalk Man, The Dry and the Language of Kindness. The kind of genres I read vary depending on what kind of mood I am in. But I normally have to swap it around after a couple of books. I mainly read Psychological Thrillers or Chic Lit, but if a books becomes highly recommended I shall give it ago.

I don’t really have a favourite author, but the main ones I go to are Jodi Picoult or Jojo Myers.

My favourite colour is pink - what else can I say about that.

My favourite food is Mexican, but it is difficult to have when my partner doesn’t eat cheese. So it is my go to food when we go out for dinner etc.

I don’t have any pets as we have family members that are allergic. However if I could have a pet it would be a dog and/or a rabbit.

If I could live anywhere in the world it would be Greece. I just love their culture and their way of living.

I know I’m a book addict because Im always giving away books to charity to make room for new books that end up sitting in my TBR pile.

Anyways, I hoe you have enjoyed reading about me, and I look forward to getting to know other people who share the same passion.

message 25: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Katie; nice to "meet " you!

message 26: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Nuckolls | 1 comments Hello, new friends! My name is Meg. I've never joined a group before, but this one seemed welcoming and interesting.

Birthday: June 13th
Favorite Book(s): Big fan of Sarah Maas' Court of Thorns and Roses series, The Abhorsen Series by Garth Nix, pretty much anything by Neil Gaiman or anything that is paranormal
Favorite Book Genre: YA Fantasy, probs
Favorite Author: Naomi Novik is exceptional, but just one is hard
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Food: INDIAN FOOD, NAAAAN
Any Pets: Doggos
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: Deep in the forest
Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because.... if I don't read enough I get itchy

message 27: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Meghan!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello everyone! I'm Beth and I'm new to Goodreads as well as to this group. I've fumbled my way around the site well enough to find you, so I thought I'd try my hand at an introduction. (Helen Keller said, "Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all," so here I am trying new things...) I would LOVE to be able to read more, and am looking forward to all of your suggestions. I appreciate the help with the questionnaire, I'm just so socially awkward at this point. Apparently talking to dogs all day doesn't really improve your social skills...

Favorite Book(s): Harry Potter series
Favorite Book Genre: Whatever I'm reading at the time
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling (tied with Tolkien)
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Anything texmex or mexican (but not spicy...)
Any Pets: Don't even get me started...
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: New Zealand
Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because.... I quote authors more than I use my own words

message 29: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Hello Beth! Welcome to our group!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Moderators of NBRC wrote: "Hello Beth! Welcome to our group!"

Thank you so much!

message 31: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Gates Birthday: April 9th! Proud aries.
Favorite Book(s): 1984 by Orwell. I read it my freshman year of high school and ended up being one of the few students that understood the novel.
Favorite Book Genre: YA all the way.
Favorite Author: Patrick Ness. His writing is so descriptive and touching.
Favorite Color: Blue, but green is a close second.
Favorite Food: Banana cinnamon pancakes.
Any Pets: A 6 year old mute cat named Sherlock.
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: Chicago, IL. I live in Cincinnati, OH and it's my dream to move to Chicago for college.
Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because I walked out ofmy local library with 10+ books without even thinking about it.

message 32: by wren (new)

wren (oneus)
hello! i'm wren and i have nothing to do this summer so i figured i would try to read some more. i'm a libra, and that pretty much describes the majority of my strengths and weaknesses.

my most-read genre is ya, mostly fantasy and sci fi, but i've been trying to branch out a little more. i also enjoy the subgenres (?) of america when fdr was president and 80s pop culture. my favorite books are the gentleman's guide to vice and virtue, the red rising series, and anything by brandon sanderson. my favorite authors are the ones who wrote the aforementioned books, and adam silvera.

my favorite food is anything you can put cheese on top of, and my favorite color is purple. if i could live anywhere it would be japan bc there's good stationery for a pretty good price and the government cares about recycling.

message 33: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Isabella & Wren!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, I go by Queen Eternity. For a brief intro; I'm 24, a university student and I recently began a youtube channel where I talk about books among other things.
Birthday: May 23rd (just past!)
Favorite Book(s): A Song of Ice and Fire
Favorite Book Genre: Fantasy
Favorite Author: Neil Gaiman
Favorite Color: Black or purple
Favorite Food: Cheesecake
Any Pets: Two cats, one fourteen the other about two.
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: Good question. Somewhere's less rural than I do now.
Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because... I recently organized my book shelves. It took two days.

message 35: by GaryT1965 (new)

GaryT1965 Hi everyone, I'm Gary.

I live in Glendale Queens, New York.

I'm a big fan of very funny children's books. :-)

Farty Marty - A Heartwarming Tale of Farts and Friendship (Justin Johnson Short Story Series 7) by Justin Johnson The Adventures of Reginald Stinkbottom (Funny Picture Books for 3-7 Year Olds) by Sophia J. Ferguson The Day My Fart Followed Me To the Dentist by Ben Jackson

message 36: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Queen & Gary!

thered_haired book girl Birthday: January 12

Favorite Book(s): American King and Priest by Sierra Simone

Favorite Book Genre: Erotic romance and historical fiction/romance, MC romance

Favorite Author: Philippa Gregory, Sierra Simone, and Meghan March

Favorite Color: Pink

Favorite Food: Mexican

Any Pets: 4 year old tabby (hefty chonk, lol!) named Chloe-Elizabeth
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: England

Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because.... I spend all summer reading and am always looking forward to reading more than hanging out with people.

Glad to be here! Feel free to connect with me!

message 38: by Kiara (new)

Kiara (kiaramoyer) | 1 comments Hello! I'm Kiara (key-air-uh), I'm 20 years old and from a small town in Iowa, USA.

Birthday: 2/3/1999

Favorite Book(s): I recently fell in love with the "Hush, Hush" series :-) Could not put them down!

Favorite Book Genre: YA or Teen Romance, though I have recently been finding historical novels to be a new trend for me.

Favorite Author: I love the writing style of P.C & Kristin Cast!

Favorite Color: Yellow :-)

Favorite Food: Any kind of pasta !!

Any Pets: I have two cats, one normal, one special needs and I love them both to death <3 :-)

If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: I haven't traveled outside of the US, yet, but it's on my bucket list to visit France and Australia at least once!

Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because.... I can't seem to put my books down! I know many people who will say "I'm just going to read one chapter and then I'll do this..." I can't do that. Once I start I HAVE to finish as much as possible. I usually finish the book the same day I start it :-)

Glad to be here and meet everyone!

thered_haired book girl Kiara wrote: "Hello! I'm Kiara (key-air-uh), I'm 20 years old and from a small town in Iowa, USA.

Birthday: 2/3/1999

Favorite Book(s): I recently fell in love with the "Hush, Hush" series :-) Could not put the..."

Nice to meet you!

message 40: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jun 07, 2019 05:49AM) (new)

Welcome Dawn & Kiara!

message 41: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Lunar!

message 42: by Phoebe (last edited Jun 16, 2019 09:24PM) (new)

Phoebe Scrivener Hi Everyone! Phoebe from the blustery cold South Island, New Zealand. Joined this lovely looking group because your bookshelf is fantastic and you guys sound like FUN. Here's me..

Birthday: 3rd April 1987
Favorite Book(s): Cannery Row - Steinbeck
Favorite Book Genre: Fiction, Historical Fiction, and Fantasy
Favorite Author: Cripes too tricky
Favorite Color: Orange
Favorite Food: Olives
Any Pets: There's a cat who visits every now again who we have called Eric. I think it's a girl but hey ho
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: Anywhere with four obvious seasons
Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because.... I have to factor in "books" to my weekly budgeting otherwise I would be penniless

message 43: by Powergirl19 (last edited Jun 17, 2019 05:12AM) (new)

Powergirl19 | 1 comments Hi, people. I am Kash. I am new to goodreads and looking for inspiration to read books again. i am a devoted book lover but lately I have not been able to keep up with any book. I hope this will be helpful.
Birthday: 19th april 2004
Favourite books: I read anything that catches my interest but yeah i have some favourites. The Book Thief, The Host, Harry Potter etc
Favourite Book Genre: Fiction, any type, but in particular science fiction and ofcourse good romance.
Favorite Author: John Green, Markus Zusak
Favorite colour: no such favourites here
Favorite Food: fries ig? I love alllll food except seafood
Any Pets: nah,no pets but i adore cats
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: HOGWARTS
Finish the line: I know I am a book addict because...books are my only permanent passion. I have, undoubtedly, learned lots from books. They make me actually happy.

message 44: by Jana (new)

Jana Lin | 2 comments Hello all, I'm Jana from sunny Florida! I'm not new to reading, but I am relatively new to goodreads and I love the idea of a virtual book club with challenges! Anything that will help me work on my Audible backlog, lol.

Birthday: 12/12

Favorite Book(s): so many! There's probably a 3 way tie for the book I've re-read the most, that would be Pride and Prejudice, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, and Going Postal

Favorite Book Genre: I frequently genre-hop, and the books I tend to pick across genres almost all have a light to heavy dose of humor in them.

Favorite Authors: Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, Terry Pratchett, John Scalzi, Martha Wells, Bill Bryson, Mary Roach

Favorite Color: Green

Favorite Food: Greek and Lebanese

Any Pets: a 14 y/o miniature poodle who rules our house

If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: NYC or London.

Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because.... I've worn out 3 blue tooth headsets from listening to audiobooks.

message 45: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2 comments Hello, I'm Laura from Bristol, UK. I've been on GoodReads for ages but only just started using properly and this is my first group.

Birthday: 8th March (couldn't put 8/3 or 3/8 because it translates badly!!)
Favorite Book(s): Matilda, The Messiah Code, 'Salem's Lot, The Passage, High Society, The Pillars of the Earth
Favorite Book Genre: I read most things, but really like Young Adult, Historical Fiction, Horror & sometimes good romance/chick lit. Depends on where & when I am reading!
Favorite Author: Ken Follett, Roald Dahl, J K Rowling, Stephen King, Tolkien J R R.
Favorite Color: Brilliant Blue
Favorite Food: Anything I cook :D. Roast Dinner, Cake, Curry & Persian
Any Pets: A princess of a fat cat called Patch. She's a need rescue who sleeps on my stomach at night, and bites my feet if we go to bed past 10pm.
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: Kalymnos, a Greek Island with excellent climbing and food. Or Sardinia, for the same reason.
Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because.... my parents limited me to buying three new books a week as a child, to top up the maximum I could borrow from the library. That and burning a hole in my bunk bed by having a reading light on with a duvet thrown over it so my parents didn't know I was still reading.

message 46: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Champion | 2 comments As it says above my name is Tiffany :)

Birthday: August 16th
Favorite Book(s): Anythign by either Kelly Elliott or Helen Hoang
Favorite Book Genre: Both YA or NA Contemporary Romance
Favorite Author: Kelly Elliott or Helen Hoang
Favorite Color: Lime Green or Purple
Favorite Food: Pho
Any Pets: 2 Dogs- Mini Aussies named BEAU and AERO
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: somewhere warm all the time!!
Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because.... I can't pass a book store without going inside!!

Kimberly (novelhaus) (kimbeurkly) | 2 comments Hi guys! I'm new here :) My name is Kim! I'm the type of person that always goes through phases of reading a lot or not reading at all. Hoping some challenges can keep me motivated!

My birthday is July 25 :)

I don't really have a favorite book (how could you make me choose??) but I do have some favorites, such as salt to the sea, a darker shade of magic series, the winter night trilogy, six of crows, uprooted, daughter of smoke and bone trilogy, and the song of achilles! My favorite authors include leigh bardugo, ve schwab, laini taylor, and ruta sepetys.

My favorite color is all kinds of shades of purples and pinks! My favorite foods are pretty much anything korean, indian, and thai.

I have lotsa fur babies as well!

So happy to be here!

message 48: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Freire (lillianfreire) | 3 comments Hey! My name's Lillian and I'm 26! Will turn 27 soon-ish, my birthday's on August 4th :)
I grew up in a family that always motivated me to read and go ahead and try to know, see and learn things they didn't really have the opportunity to so I was always the one with a book in front of my face. It's hard for me to pick a favorite author or a favorite book, but my favorite genres have to be science fiction and mystery/suspense but honestly? Throw a book at me - regardless of which genre it is - and I'll most likely read it!
Unfortunately I have no pets, but I plan to have some fur buddies making me company whenever I move out! And my favorite colors range from some shades of green and purple :D

message 49: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome to the group everyone!

Happy reading

message 50: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 1 comments Hi everyone! My name's Betsy and though I'm not new to Goodreads, I just recently discovered groups on here.

Birthday: August 3, 1992
Favorite Book(s): A mother doesn't have favorite children
Favorite Book Genre: Young Adult, Memoir, Fantasy
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling, P.C. Cast, Becky Albertalli, so many more
Favorite Color: Blue, Green, or Purple
Favorite Food: Anything made by my sister (a chef)
Any Pets: Yes-- I have the cutest fur babies, Sherlock & Watson
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be: I dunno, here is as good as any place. Wherever is closest to family & friends
Finish the line: I know I'm a book addict because.... I was that kid that got in trouble for reading past my bedtime

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.