Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Add as Contributor request

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M. (new)

M. (cyborgmemoirs) | 4 comments Hello,

I'm writing to request I be added as a contributing author to the following two books:
Bad User Agreement
Transcendent 3: The Year's Best Transgender Speculative Fiction

If more information is needed, please let me know.

Thank you for your time. =)

-Monk

message 2: by annob (last edited Dec 19, 2018 11:43PM) (new)

annob | 1615 comments Hi Monk

All contributing authors including you are now added to the three different editions of Transcendent 3.

When it comes to Bad User Agreement, I've added the contributing author names listed in the description text, but since you are listed as 'crew' I need additional information. Goodreads rules permit editors of anthologies to be listed in the author fields, but not proof readers, cover artists etc. So if you could clarify your role would be very helpful.

message 3: by M. (new)

M. (cyborgmemoirs) | 4 comments Hey, thanks for adding on Transcendent 3.

As for Bad User Agreement, I proofread and laid out the entire book, as well as have a piece titled 'Real Work You Deserve' in the book. Myself and r. cutlass did the editing. The "METROPOLARITY crew" listed below the contributor list also have pieces in the book and should be listed as contributors as well.

Metropolarity is a sci-fi collective comprised of the four 'crew' members, so each publication of ours has our individual work, plus folks outside of our collective.

I hope this information helps, and I thank you for your time thus far.

M

message 4: by annob (new)

annob | 1615 comments Thank you for the additional information. The four additional editors and contributors added to Bad User Agreement.

Second opinion needed:
Since I'm unsure the author collective name 'Metropolarity' should be listed in the author fields now that all the individual authors are listed, I wish for second opionions from other Librarians on that issue.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43542 comments Mod
If it were on the cover as author, I would say definitely keep it. Since no one is, it could go either way.

message 6: by annob (new)

annob | 1615 comments Good to know it can stay as is. Thanks, rivka!

message 7: by Maud (new)

Maud Newton | 1 comments Hi! Would it be possible to add me and the other contributors to this book I love?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

The full list of contributors is here: https://www.worldcat.org/title/veloci...

Thanks very much!