Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > It's a Christmas Comet!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 7450 comments Just in time for Geek Read month - and Christmas - how nice of the comet to time it's arrival so well:

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/17/677342...

Only until December 22nd - hopefully a few PBT geeks will catch it.

message 2: by Amy N. (new)

Amy N. | 256 comments That's so cool! I still remember the Hale-Bopp comet because I did a report on it in elementary school, but I haven't been able to observe one since. Hopefully I'll be able to catch a glimpse of this one.

message 3: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6028 comments We're at the beach and it's dark enough ... but it's been cloudy until last night ... and now we have such a full moon that it's kinda hard to see the stars. No binoculars with us either. Guess I'll have to wait to 2024.

message 4: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7895 comments Book Concierge wrote: "We're at the beach and it's dark enough ... but it's been cloudy until last night ... and now we have such a full moon that it's kinda hard to see the stars. No binoculars with us either. Guess I'l..."

What beach? Where? What is the fastest route from Michigan???

message 5: by Book Concierge (last edited Dec 21, 2018 10:31AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6028 comments Joanne wrote: "Book Concierge wrote: "We're at the beach and it's dark enough ... but it's been cloudy until last night ... and now we have such a full moon that it's kinda hard to see the stars. No binoculars wi..."

Galveston Island ... renting a beach house for most of the month. Leaving on Saturday to head to San Antonio to spend Christmas with my family ... then we start the long drive back to boots & coats weather. Sure has been nice to wear sandals again.

message 6: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7895 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Book Concierge wrote: "We're at the beach and it's dark enough ... but it's been cloudy until last night ... and now we have such a full moon that it's kinda hard to see the stars. N..."

Oh sounds lovely! Enjoy your family Christmas!