2021 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE - General > How Close Are You to Your Goal?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 2176 comments With 2 weeks left in the year, there is plenty of time for you to finish your Reading Challenge right?

How close are you to your reading goal?

Are you so close that a couple of short books would get you there? And do you need some suggestions?

Let us know, and maybe we can help.

reply | edit | delete | flag *

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Wendt | 117 comments My overall reading goal was 15,000 pages. I believe I'm at about 14,900. And I may not reach my actual goal since I'm in the middle of two long books (although if you count the number of pages I've read so far out of those books, then I've made it!) that I probably won't be able to finish within the next two weeks or so haha

message 4: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 1311 comments I have 3 books to go to complete my challenge. I've read more pages than expected so I must have read some longer books than last year. I need to finish The Thirteenth Tale for the Popsugar challenge and then I will have completed all the yearly challenges. So that and two short reads and I will be done!

message 5: by Felicia (last edited Dec 18, 2018 07:58AM) (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) | 558 comments I'm not close at all. I decided to be ambitious and go for 50 books. I'm on 38 books, and I'll probably not read more than one from now on. I had a great spring and summer, but during autumn I ran into a slump. I read some great books though, and 38 are still a lot for me!

message 6: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) | 558 comments Lindsay wrote: "I have 3 books to go to complete my challenge. I've read more pages than expected so I must have read some longer books than last year. I need to finish The Thirteenth Tale for the Pop..."

The Thirteenth Tale is really good! I read it earlier this year after having had it on ny bookshelves for so long.

Kimberly wrote: "My overall reading goal was 15,000 pages. I believe I'm at about 14,900. And I may not reach my actual goal since I'm in the middle of two long books (although if you count the number of pages I've..."

I always count the number of pages I've read in books that I haven't finished yet. But then I must remember to not count them again when I finish the book in the beginning of the new year. (:

message 7: by Tahera (new)

Tahera | 97 comments I have 3 more books to go. For now I have my fingers crossed that 3 of my current reads will get me there but who knows, maybe in the last 3-4 days I might have to do short books...

message 8: by Rachelnyc (new)

Rachelnyc | 170 comments I have 3 books to go for my challenge as well. I'm listening to one and reading another now that I should be finished with by the weekend. I have several in mind for my final book and I should make it with a few days to spare!

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 64 comments I've got one book left for Goodreads and 2 books for Popsugar. So not too difficult. I think it's doable.

message 10: by Angela Jr. (new)

Angela Jr. I set my initial goal at 70, which was one more than last year, and reached that one in july already. I've had a couple of bad reading years before 2018, so i was really surprised!
While i didn't change my official goodreads goal for the year, i wanted to see if i could double that number by the end of december. I'm currently at 156 books and 56,031 pages read in 2018 (with a few more books set to finish before december 31st), so I've managed to read even more than that!
The highest number I'd ever reached before was 100 books a year back in 2015. I really can't believe how much I've managed to read this year!

message 11: by Imbunche (new)

Imbunche | 156 comments I'm only one book away from my goal, so I should easily make it. Actually, I'll probably read at least one over my goal.

message 12: by Mie (new)

Mie | 1840 comments All done, woohoo - but that said, my goals are usually set with success in mind, so I rarely set the bar too high ;-)

Sometimes I wish was a little braver, though, so whether you will reach your goals this year or not, I feel so inspired by everyone in this group 😊

message 13: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 328 comments I actually increased my original goal of 25 books to 30 books. I am currently at 28 books, with 4 in the works (two audio and two paper).

I am just starting A Christmas Carol so I can join the group read, it's been years since I've read it!

I've already increased my goal for next year to 40 :)

message 14: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (allons-y-bookworm) | 2975 comments Well done to everyone who has completed their challenge. Best of luck to everyone else who is nearly there.
If you need a short book to help reach your goal, I have a festive suggestion for you: The Night Before Christmas. I think you can find it for free online

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm 3 books behind and have several books going trying to find the right combo to get it done.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I am 7 books behind and reading 3 at the moment. I know I will not reach my goal unless I pick up a few shorter books - which I may just do!

message 17: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 462 comments Congrats everyone on making their goals and to those who are close goodluck!!

I read more than I thought I could this year with everything going on in my life and hit my goal back in september/october. Upping it for next year.

message 18: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 513 comments I reached my goal of 50books for 2018😀

message 19: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 684 comments Just hit my goal of 60 yesterday!

Congratulations to everyone who has reached theirs, but also to everyone who read more than they would have, just because they set a goal. It's the reading that counts!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

3 days to read one book

message 21: by Gwen S. (new)

Gwen S. (gwen1629) | 398 comments I've completed my 2018 goals by reading 66/55 books and turned 16,909 pages/10,000 pgs. Next year, I will definitely move my goals upwards to 60 books and 17,000 pages, but still make them enjoyable and manageable.

Happy New Year one and all!

message 22: by Gwen S. (new)

Gwen S. (gwen1629) | 398 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "I set my initial goal at 70, which was one more than last year, and reached that one in july already. I've had a couple of bad reading years before 2018, so i was really surprised!
While i didn't c..."

Angela: Ditto here for my 2016 year, I read 104 books but I was reading up to the last day of the year, 12/31/16. The bookkeeping of the numerous challenges I joined that year was a nightmare to manage. So for 2017 and 2018, I decreased my goals and challenges by half with extra time to enjoy my other life pursuits, like painting and hiking! ;-)
Happy New Year with wishes for health and lots of relaxing reading time!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

With barely a minute to spare I finished my goal

message 24: by Catspjamas (new)

Catspjamas I finished one over goal, for a total of 51. Almost 1 book a week. Have upped my goal to 75 for this year.