Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Love on a Holiday
This topic is about Love on a Holiday
Book Issues > Book on wrong author's profile

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Williams | 8 comments This book should be on the Goodreads profile for this A.M. Williams (https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...). What information do I need to provide to get it moved over?

Thank you!

message 2: by annob (last edited Dec 18, 2018 12:33AM) (new)

annob | 1617 comments Book moved to your author page, and Kindle ASIN identifier added to avoid a duplicate later will be created by the Amazon-Goodreads automatic import process.

The reason the book ended up on a different same-name author page is your author page and the books on it has two blank spaces between your initials and surname (A.M.^^Williams where ^ indicate a blank space).

This is how Goodreads separate related books by different same-name authors. When you manually add a new book in the future, if you make sure to include two blank spaces between your initials and surname, the book will be added correctly to your author page. But it's no problem if you forget to do so. Moving a book is a quick and easy task for a GR librarian, and all we need is a post asking the book to be moved just like you did this time.

message 3: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Williams | 8 comments annob wrote: "Book moved to your author page, and Kindle ASIN identifier added to avoid a duplicate later will be created by the Amazon-Goodreads automatic import process.

The reason the book ended up on a dif..."

Thank you! This is the first time in a few books I've had this issue, so I'll remember that for next time.

message 4: by annob (new)

annob | 1617 comments You're most welcome :)

I believe the associated number of blank spaces is entered automatically whey you click the 'Add book' link visible on your own author page (or dashboard?). Perhaps you spotted the odd looking double spacing and deleted one of the blanks? However it happened, no biggie for a Librarian to help you sort out.